Mini Meems

The same people will be saying how fantastic we look when the weight's all gone and asking for the numbers of our consultants - I bet you anything!! I've already had 2 people ask me who were very anti-Cambridge to start with!!

Like you say they mean well...!

xx

Absolutely right Clare!
I'm hoping that when people start noticing that I can deflect the negatives fairly easily. Ultimately like Flic said somewhere, it's my body and actually I am an adult and able to make my own decisions. At least I hope that comes across rather than 'I'm doing it ... So there!' :D

it's been a busy week at work and I've been hungrier than the previous two weeks. Has anyone else had this? I've had a few more SS+ meals than I'd have liked but felt that I needed to. My biggest worry in this was that I wouldn't be able to concentrate at work and I'd end up doing something awful. At worst it feels like the nightshift 'hangover', but I find that as long as I keep going I'm good.

Also this week I've discovered the bad breath effect... Lush huh?! Any tips on how to deal with it? I brush regularly and use mouthwash but the taste is something else.

Hope everyone else is ticking along well this week.

Meems xx

Hi Meems!

Yeah I'm tempted by "sod off and mind your own business" sometimes but apparently that can cause offence!

Yes I just have random hungry days, yesterday was like that for me. I was struggling sleeping a couple of weeks ago which I think wasn't helped by my empty stomach so I now have my shakes at about 12, 4 and 8 instead so I'm not going to bed on a completely empty stomach. I was out of the house a lot yesterday and ended up having my last shake at about 5pm so I was starving last night. Yet 90% of the time I'm fine and quite often forget to have my shakes...weird!

Breath spray I'm afraid! I have a lot of meetings at work so I feel like I need some, going through a fair bit of it!

Hope you have a great week.

xx

Well, had a disappointing weigh in today. I only lost 1lb, I did lose 6 inches though so I suppose it's not all that terrible!
I wasn't the best at having all my shakes last week if I had a SS+ meal and my water consumption was down from previously. And (waaaay TMI alert) was very bunged up last week. Not a great week really.
It just goes to show how important it is to stick to the plan. I'm going for a 100% SS week this week. And I'll be drinking that water :D

Hiya, wow wow wow you are doing so great. I will be following your journey xx

Thank you Lyds,

although I'm a little disappointed with last week, I really do have to stand back and think wow, 21lbs in 3weeks. :D can't grumble at that really! Hoping for a good week this week to try and get closer to the two stone lost mark by christmas.

I hope you have a good first week, I found the forum invaluable those first few days. Every time I wanted to give up I came and read the stories and looked at the pictures. Everyone is really helpful on here too. It' span amazing support network, and you don't even have to get out of your pj's :D

take care and drink water ;D

meemx

Well done Meems, any loss is a step in the right direction and I'd have inches loss over weight loss any day! xx

A pound is still a pound and the inches lost is incredible! My losses seem to go in cycles so one small week is usually followed by a bigger one. Stick with it - you're doing fantastically.

xx

Btw was that 6 inches lost in a week or since you started? Just curious! xx

In a week Clare, so no grumbles here!
Thank you all for the motivation, have had a kick up the bum and been on it today.
Not sure how many inches I've lost so far I always forget to ask! I did get a few nice compliments today from a colleague I haven't worked with since starting CWP so it really is starting to show :) On the other hand I got 'Miss'ed by a 14 yo today so I'm obviously looking old!!
I have noticed that I've got heaps more energy at work these days. It was a manic shift and yet I walked out feeling fairly fresh. Make a nice change not to crawl out the door at the end of the day!

Hope everyone' shaving a good week xx

Wow that's amazing especially in a week! You're doing soooo well keep up the good work!

xx

Can I ask a question....?! Does anyone use psyllum husks/capsules?
I think the nurse in me is becoming a little bowel obsessed! I've not quite got to the charting level yet but give me time :D
I'd just rather manage it before it becomes an issue than look at the more drastic measures.
i've been using the fibre for about a week now with little change. Anyone have any brilliant ideas or is it a case of taking something as needed?
Please excuse the probable over share I tend to forget that it's not normal everyday conversation for most!!

Cheers muchly, Meems xx

Oh dear.... Epic failure.
I went out last night with friends for a birthday meal. I had it all planned, I'd chosen what I was having to eat and I'd even discussed how to have a drink if I wanted one. I was all set.

Has anyone ever tried to drink whilst in ketosis? Well, it's not quite like it says on the tin. Oh dear... I had one (single) vodka and coke zero and I was more battered then Friday haddock. Bye bye willpower. Hello drunk Meems!

Luckily I have wonderful friends who didn't let me drink anymore but who did encourage carbs to help absorb all the lovely alcohol. There was even a kebab at the end of the night. On the plus side I think I told absolutely everyone about the cambridge diet, I'm an ambassador!

Thankfully I have no hangover but I am out of ketosis and feeling very, very unimpressed with myself. I hope getting back in isn't going to be problematic. Anyone else experienced this? I hit ketosis on day two initially so hopefully will be fine.

Lesson learned - no matter what anyone says, I CANNOT drink alcohol whilst in ketosis! That's probably not an experiment to be repeated :D

And it's weigh in tomorrow. Eeek.

Hi Meems!

Oh dear that bad? I've not tried alcohol yet, I managed to abstain on my planned night out on Friday but I am planning to drink on 5th Dec and a couple more days through December too. Is it that bad??

I had a big off plan meal Friday night (which I enjoyed every bite of and have no regrets!) and I managed to get back on plan 100% afterwards but Saturday was hard, I was starving all day and this weekend has been throwing temptation in my face the whole time! I'm sure you'll be fine, just don't throw away all your hard work so far. I'm not showing a gain, in fact a 1lb loss on my scales but I always weigh less on mine than on my CDCs so we'll see on Wednesday...

Good luck xxx

Thanks Clare, just headed off now. And yes it was bad, never felt quite so drunk in my life. From one vodka. Speak to your CDC but I think my error was thinking that the meal would knock me out of ketosis. May have been more sensible to do it earlier in the day! Oh well, lesson learned :) will post the results later. But it'll not deter me.

Meems xx

Oooh, good luck!!! Hmm so my plan for champagne and wine was maybe not the best then??!! Think I'll be having a chat to my CDC when I next see her! Good on you for staying positive xx

-3lbs I'm very happy with that :) and 43cms total in the month! mostly from hips and thighs which is encouraging.

as for the alcohol, I was told to have a small meal at lunch time and then eat (sensibly!) as well as having a drink. Good advice seeing as I have a ball coming up with a free bar :D

Just trying to do the maths on losses and got myself very confused!! Encouraging in an emergency nurse huh?!
My start weight was 293.4lbs and today was 267.6 which works out at 19.137st and a 25.8lb loss but my weekly losses only add up to 24lbs (rounded up) either way I'm happy but I think I may have anaesthetised my single brain cell Saturday night because working that out took me 10 mins and 2sheets of paper!!

If anyone had told me I could lose nearly 2stone in a month and still feel so amazingly well in myself (if not better than before) I don't think I'd have believed them. I don't think I even believed I'd do this well, if anyone reading this is thinking about cambridge - go for it! It really is a very good way to achieve the goals you set. Having the counsellor to talk to and having everyone on this forum sets it apart. Learning how to avoid temptation and what your eating habits actually are is a bit of an eye opening experience. Hopefully one that will help me maintain once I reach my goals.

I am so glad my serial lurking and 'eavesdropping' on here convinced me to go for it.

Hi Meems that's amazing well done you!!! I'm a bit more hopeful myself now for my weigh in! Ooh I shall take that alcohol advice myself!

I bet the differences are just rounding up and down. My CDC ignores anything but whole lbs so even if it's 10st 7.13 she still writes down 10st 7 so that's almost a whole lb there missing from the loss sheet!

It is a great diet if you can stick to it, certainly worth the odd few bad days. I can't believe I'm at the weight I am now after such a short time!

xx

I'm starting to realise that if I have the odd blip it's not the end of the world, it's what you do after that really counts. If I deviated in the past it'd be an excuse to throw away all the work I'd done. Pretty self destructive really!

When do you weigh in Clare? And you've done amazingly well, looks like you are well on target for your christmas goal xx

Back