Minus 117 :)

nice day your doing great x x x

Day 10

Still 100%

Yesterdays Food:

Breakfast in the office
Sliced Melon & Grapes (Small pack from Asda)

Lunch
5 X Ryvitas with Extra Light Philadelphia Spread & Sliced grapes
Shape Chocolate Yogurt (the one thats 99 calories!)
Apple

Dinner
Chopped up Beef - fried with fry light in pan with sliced red onions and soy sauce
Bag of Asda Veg - Cauliflower, Broccoli and Carrots
Cous Cous with chopped chilli

Drinks
Water Water Water ............
2 Green Tea
1 Orange Tea

Loving my flavour teas... perhaps my new alternative to that fizz I used to consume :)

Oh my goodness you are doing so well. 10 days at 100% is amazing, espeically when you look at everything you have cut out :)

Day 11

Another good day yesterday! Managed to say no to a buffet lunch at work. Normally I would pick on the Prawn Tempuras or Duck Spring Rolls or nick a few sausage rolls but I resisted temptation.
It was SO Hard, but i managed to walk in the kitchen, look at the spread, and turn my back and walk back out :)

Breakfast in the office
Small tub of sliced melon & grapes from ASDA

Lunch
Half a pack of Rocket Leaves from Asda, with a pack of fresh prawns, sliced avocado and a drizzle of half a lime juice
Apple

Dinner
2 pieces of grilled salmon with chinese 5 spice rub
Chopped red onion and corguette fried in fry light spray and soy sauce
Corn on the Cob

Drinks
1 x Green Tea
1 x Orange Tea
Water, water, water ...................

I have these Weight Watcher crisps in my drawer at work, but I honestly feel like I would eat them just for the sake of eating them when I don't actually need them.
I see people on here and they're like "Oh i have 10 points left over, i will have that chocolate bar" ....
I just have to learn to say "Do I really need that? NO".... so I've put them in the work kitchen for the time being, others can scoff at them!

minus117 well done your doing fab x x

Hi! Hi!
Sooo two and a half months later I'm back and weighing the same as what I started in October with exactly 117 lbs to lose :sigh:

Things were going so well, then I had to nip off to Norway with work (as you do!).
Hotel food and fine grub all paid for, so I couldn't say no. My head wasn't in the right place, I gave up so easily.
THEN December came, the start of social events, etc, etc, we all know the score. Back to take-away's after a long day in the office and a fine wine in the evening :(

So where am I now?

I weighed myself a few days ago and I was 317 lbs. Exactly what I was when I started my journey in October, two and a half months ago.
So minus 117 it still is.

I have decided (well, hopefully) to start Cambridge Diet. I got the ball rolling and emailed a consultant who I got her details from the website.
I met with her this morning (Sunday, odd day I know!) and I got my hopes up by thinking I could start asap, but it seems that's NOT the case.

Because I have such a high BMI of 52 and I weigh 22 stone 10 lbs, she has to get me to go to my doctors and he has to sign a form to say it's OK for me to go ahead with the plan.
SO now I have to wait for a doctors appointment and then get back to her......... so will be phoning the surgery first thing in the morning, but I'm not getting my hopes up with an appointment this week, I know what my surgery is like :/

Also, my consultant said, "If I get the go-ahead from the doctor", I will start on Step 3 of Cambridge and not Step 1 like most people. She said I won't be able to cope and will feel miserable. Don't get me wrong, she was really nice, but I just felt like it was a kick up the backside! Here's me all excited about starting my plan TODAY when in fact I have to wait for the OK from my doctor, and starting on Step 3 and not Step 1 like everyone else I've read on here. Bleh, moan over :p

So, fingers crossed I will get a doctor's appointment this week, and my consultant did say she can fit me in after work any day, so that's good news.

Oh, I'm still off the Diet Coke, not had a can in almost 3 months YAY!

If you're going to see your doctor, maybe ask for a prescription for Orlistat? That way you could keep doing the healthy eating you were doing so well with, and not risk the downsides that a VLCD has when you've got a lot to lose, foremost of which seems to be the risk of a lot of loose skin because you lose weight quickly. Just a thought - I was 301lbs when I started, so similar to you, and I'm very glad I went to my doctor and asked for Orlistat. Good luck whatever you decide. :) xx

Even if you can't get an appointment with your doctor for a while, jump straight back into eating healthy so you get a head start on the weight loss before you start the Cambridge diet.

I'm going to ask my doctor about Orlistat on the 13th. I know the basics of it, I'm just worried I'm eating too much fat and I'll get nasty side effects.

ellaye said:
Even if you can't get an appointment with your doctor for a while, jump straight back into eating healthy so you get a head start on the weight loss before you start the Cambridge diet.

I'm going to ask my doctor about Orlistat on the 13th. I know the basics of it, I'm just worried I'm eating too much fat and I'll get nasty side effects.

Don't worry about the side effects, they're grossly overstated in the media, and by people who've obviously not properly followed the advice, lol. I've taken them for over two years, and have only had one bad incidence of "tango", when I seriously overdid the fat on an unplanned Christmas visit to Pizza Hut, and even then it wasn't too bad. As long as you stay roughly within the gudelines, it's fine. I certainly have no regrets about taking them. :) xx

Thanks ladies, regarding Orlistat!
I've never thought about that, but I will def mention it to the doctor when I go :)

Managed to get an appointment at the doctors for 11:10 this morning, so fingers crossed!
I'm sure my consultant said she is working all day today, she might fit me in after work tonight, but it might be Wednesday.
I just want to get started :)

Well that was erm interesting!
Handed my Doctor the letter that my CD consultant had drafted for him, he read it, signed the form, stamped the form, looked at me, looked at his computer screen, said "no illnesses, no medical conditions, you're as fit as a fiddle, good luck", and handed me back the form. That was it?? I thought he would weigh me, take my blood pressure, etc, but nothing. Oh well.
So i'm good to go :)
Text my CD Consultant and she said she can fit me in tomorrow night after work, so now i am just so eager to start this. YAY!

Hey ya just wondering how you're getting on?

Hello : )
I'm now on Day 5 and I feel great.
Been having the flavoured shakes for breakfast in the office and the soup for lunch. When I get home from work about 6pm, been grilling fish and having it with cauliflower and broccoli.
I LOVE fish, salmon, Cod, haddock, tuna, so it's been great!
Away to the beach soon for a 5 mile walk, and I actually want to! Hah, that would never have happened before :p

Roll on Monday night for my first weigh in x

Back