Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

Yes you are right about the habit. I went through the same feelings when i stopped smoking. I kept getting a feeling like something was missing or that i should be doing something!
Well i beat that so in comparison, this should be a breeze..right? Haha

Yes, I find it similar to when I gave up smoking. Even though I was taking champix tablets that take away the pleasure from smoking I still kept having cigarettes. Did it eventually though, just like we both will with the weight loss!

Tested ketostix again and most definitely in the pink :)

These 4 days have been fine really, but the hard part starts tomorrow when my son is back and i have to cook again.

I am keeping in my mind that if i can do this, i could be slim for summer which i havent been for so long.
Also i havent been out socially for about 2 years due to being fat. I make any excuse not to go. So anyway was speaking to my sister the other day and we have made a date to go out on her birthday which is in may! She originally said my birthday in february but i said no way that is definitely not enough time, so may it will be!
There is no way i would go out the way i am now so that is my incentive to keep going.......i NEED a night out!!! ;)

Hi Miss Mac, you're doing well. Hope today's been a good one xx

These 4 days have been fine really, but the hard part starts tomorrow when my son is back and i have to cook again.

I am keeping in my mind that if i can do this, i could be slim for summer which i havent been for so long.
Also i havent been out socially for about 2 years due to being fat. I make any excuse not to go. So anyway was speaking to my sister the other day and we have made a date to go out on her birthday which is in may! She originally said my birthday in february but i said no way that is definitely not enough time, so may it will be!
There is no way i would go out the way i am now so that is my incentive to keep going.......i NEED a night out!!! ;)

Fabulous motivation! xx

Well done! I hope it isn't too long before I'm in ketosis too. That's a brilliant incentive! Rill on May and a skinny Miss Mac out on the town!

Well done Mrs Mac on day 4 and best of luck once your son gets back - great motivation to go out with your sister in May - as Lynne says skinny Mrs Mac will be out on the town :)

You're doing fab hun, keep it up xx

So i have survived day 4 :)

Stomach is going radge making all sorts of funny gurgling noises. Not hunger rumblings though so all is good!
I like to think the sound is of my fat breaking up and being digested, and in a couple of days i will poo it out haha! ;)

So i have survived day 4 :) Stomach is going radge making all sorts of funny gurgling noises. Not hunger rumblings though so all is good! I like to think the sound is of my fat breaking up and being digested, and in a couple of days i will poo it out haha! ;)

Well done Miss Mac :) You're doing so well. It'll be a week down before you know it! X

Hi MM. My stomach is doing the same! I like the idea of it being all my fat breaking up!

Hi MM. Hope you're having a good day today and you get some more of that fat breaking up!

Week 1
Day 5

My son is back today although not until this evening so im looking forward to that, then back to work tomorrow :(

I think last year i tried to start the diet on the first, didnt last long and managed to convince myself that waiting until i went back to work would be better! It wasnt!
So i am pleased i have got this far. I have had a few days of not cooking, not smelling food, chilling by myself in case i got grouchy and quite well established in the diet for returning to work tomorrow so fingers crossed this has all been a basis on which to succeed :)

I thinkit is better to start when you have a few days off work because you can get the frist few days over and done with. If you find it easier to stay in bed all the time you can do that or if you find it easier to go on long walks you can do that too. Now that you've got 4 days under your belt you can do the rest. Have you had a sneaky weigh in yet? I'd lost 4lb already by today. If that's not incentive I don't know what is!

No i have purposely stayed well away from the scales. This diet will do what it does and if i stick to shakes, black coffee and water etc then there is no more i can do. So if the scales showed a less loss than i felt i deserve then i could go off track. Alternatively there have also been times when the loss has been so good that i have thought i deserved a food treat!! Cant win eh lol!

So i am gonna try and literally only weigh once a week on official weigh in days. Lets see how long that can last :)

Wish I could do that. I'm a serial weigher! That being said I've come to accept that you get fluctuations and also that I'm never one of those people who will lose a stone in one week so it doesn't really do me any harm. I still have an 'official' weigh in and have introduced a monthly one to record the bigger losses.

I guess we all have to do whatever we feel is right for ourselves in order to keep on track! x

Your doing so well with staying on track MM. Good luck on returning back to the work routine. Don't know if its the same for you but where I work there are always some kind of food treats hanging around. Figure that no point being tempted cos the last few days will all be for nothing & would be straight back to where I don't wont to be. Stick with it & look forward to the 1st weigh in.

Back