Total Solution Moonlights diary

Well done on getting to day 9 and resisting all that food temptation!
It has been lovely weather but I'm not a fan of the heat!

Hope you've had a lovely day despite the headache. :)

Day 10 was Sunday and my son graduated from secondary school with a fabulous graduation ceremony. Beautiful and very emotional.

Then out of the blue came an unexpected hurdle. Most of his mates and their families were going for lunch and he asked if we could go too. My heart did drop momentarily but then quickly I decided this is life. I have missed enjoying and going to so many outings because I was heavy and worried about my weight and I decided no more. So I said yes, went to the restaurant, drank sparkling water and has 4 rings of squid, chopped salad with chicken and no dressing for my main. I also nicked a couple of chips from my son and that was it. We had a lovely day and he enjoyed it which was the important thing. If it affects my weight loss over the next week or so, so be it.

back home, straight back on to diet with a bar for my supper.

Day 11 Monday, walked the dog, exante porridge for breakfast, pint of water and big mug of coffee. On reflection, I have no regrets on yesterday. I spent a lovely day with my two boys and husband and the added bonus was that I felt the benefit of the previous 9 days when I put on my clothes prior to the graduation.

head down, keeping going.

m

I think you did the right thing. You can't let your weight loss interfere with such a big day for your son. You are entitled to a life even while doing this. In the event, you were sensible, had a great time and are back on it today. I'm sure you won't have done any damage and, most importantly, you created a lovely family memory for you all to look back on.

Thanks cate and you are right about creating a lovely memory.

day 11 continued with a pasta carbonara and a toffee nut and raisin bar along with coffee abd water.

cooked an old lovely fashioned dinner of bacon, cabbage, mashed potatoes, corn and homemade white sauce. Nearly disappeared behind the couch with the mash and white sauce, just love it. Real comfort food on a grey day.

anyways besides sticking a tiny piece of ham in my gob, managed to resist all other temptations.

Bit of a stressful day, sons iPhone was stolen at his graduation night out. Did feel sorry for him after I lost the head with him for bringing it with him in the first place......parenting can be hard........

Ah no that's terrible about the phone, makes you so angry that some people think its ok to mess with other peoples property. Is it insured ?

Well done on staying in control of your eating, shows that you can do it xx

God, it is so annoying when kids lose or break expensive stuff. James had an iPod Touch as a present a couple of Christmases ago and then left it in the pocket of his bathrobe a few weeks later which I then put in the washing machine for 2 hours on 70 degrees!!! I went nuts at him and it wasn't helped by my mother trying to pin the blame on me by saying I should have checked the pockets. But I did feel really sorry for him too as I knew he'd be distraught. Fortunately, on that occasion, a couple of days buried in dry rice in the sun and it dried out and worked perfectly. Huge sigh of relief all round. Bet your son feels terrible. :(

Day 12. Dog walked. Youngest son gone to school. About to kick eldest son out of bed. Off to work for 5 hours. Home and determined to tackle the mountain of personal paper work I need to get through.

porridge consumed. Nice sweet start to the day. Pasta carb for lunch around 3ish and choc orange bar later. No nonsense, just get on with it. ( note to myself)

thanks ladies for your kind words yesterday re the phone. No insurance unfortunately. Anyway new day so we just have to move on. At least he came home safe.

hope you all have a happy shaking day. Speak later. M

For a change I had the pasta ham and mushroom flavoured soup. Really looking forward to it. REVOLTING!! Yuch. Yuch. Yuch. Ate it. Will never eat it again.

Looking forward to my old reliable choc orange bar later while watching revenge and the mentalist. Love tues late night telly. :)

havent got near that paperwork :(

Still havent weighed myself. Not feeling the need at the moment. As I really have 20 weeks to go on this diet think I'll leave it another while.

m

Day 13. Confession - ate a chicken leg. Why? Because it was there in front of me and I didn't resist. Not that I couldn't, just that I didn't. And funnily enough I was conscious as I was eating it that I shouldn't but I went ahead. I ate it very quickly as if I thought the quicker I ate it the less it would matter. Strange thought. Anyway the damage is done, so need to move on.

it was a reminder of how easy it is to become complacent on a vlcd and how you can add extra bits into your day without even noticing.

hopefully better tomorrow.
m

A chicken leg won't have done any damage. But aren't we funny? We all want to lose weight but when faced with temptation although we can resist we occasionally choose not to. BUT would you have eaten a cake? I'm not sure that you would. I had a bad day yesterday and ate cheese and crackers but what I really wanted was a chocolate bar that was in the kitchen cupboard. I just wouldn't have dreamed of eating that so the cheese and crackers were a less damaging alternative.

New day today Moonlight, hope it goes well x

Morning all

got over my leg of chicken breakout and a 100% ts yesterday. Woohoo.

day 15 today....only another 120 or so to go...............

reading all all your diaries and delighted to see that you are all doing well.

M

Hi Susie. You are so right, this really is a day at a time diet, sometimes a meal at a time for me. You are doing so well, you must be delighted with your weight loss to date.

while I don't know how much weight I have lost, my clothes feel a little looser which is great. I put a huge amount of weight on around my tummy, back, midriff and chest. Nice to feel clothes not stuck to me....

Hi cate. Hope all well with you. I never in my life imagined I would be so concerned about a chicken leg... I'm not too sure about the cake either lol.

i have a party this weekend. My dilemma is a glass of wine or not... I plan to drive even though I could walk but the car means I would have to keep to one and one only. It could of course also mean none.

my dilemma for today. What do you think?

Check out the sticky re. ketosis and alcohol as, not only would it be bad for the diet, it's not good for you either as I understand. Apart from that, would alcohol weaken your resolve and make you more likely to think to hell with it' and get stuck in to the food. If you do decide to have some white wine, maybe you could have it as a spritzer. Up to you but I would have a plan in your head that keeps you on track as much as possible before you go and then stick to it. Good luck.

Day 16. Never thought I would get past the first week. Cate, made up my mind, thanks to you. No alcohol it will be. And you are so right that I need to have a plan before the party. With the alcohol decision made, I think I will have my pasta carb just before going to the party and leave my bar to look forward to when I get home.

Nobody knows now I am on a vlcd AGAIN except my hubby and I'm managing fine but today is a family gathering and I don't want them to know so my plan is to avoid the food but if things get difficult, I will allow myself chicken and chicken only. I will say I just ate before arriving and hopefully that will keep the questions away.

its great to know what I am going to do. Thanks for the guidance and wisdom cate.

m

Loving the winter warmer pack of porridge, pasta carbonara, choc orange and toffee nut raisin bars.

the porridge is such a comforting sweet start to the day. I have coffee and water with it. Feels like I am having a real breakfast. The pasta carb now tastes like a dinner especially the pasta. I normally have this between 4 and 7 pm with water. And the bars accompany me when I'm watching the telly at night along with a huge mug of coffee and a pint of water.

i eat all my meals with a teaspoon to make them last longer and I nibble the bars.

i still have packs from my two week starter pack that I keep to mix and match if I get bored with the winter pack. I take the choc shake hot which is a comfort drink. I take the vanilla hot with a spoon of coffee which I find just about palatable. If feeling cold and in need of a sweet treat I take the banana shake hot and have a bowl of banana custard. This hits the spot but I find it hard to eat the whole bowl so have it before I go to bed so I don't feel hungry.

i found the pasta ham and mushroom flavoured soup disgusting but have one left so I will eat it. I may like it next time. Tastes change on this diet.

i like the Thai chicken soup and the veg soup. I also like the spaghetti Bol and didn't mind the turkey dinner. The shepherds pie I can eat but it wouldn't be my favourite.

really didn't like the strawberry shake. Felt it tasted of nothing. It was the first shake I had on the first day of exante and I was so afraid they would all be the same but in fairness no, things gave got a lot better.

in actual fact I think the great thing about exante is their food pack choices. So many flavours. It's great. Beats lipotrim hands down. And is so much cheaper than lighter life. Their delivery service is also excellent. See, I have tried them all. Lol.

m

I think you have made the right decision Moonlight. No point breaking the diet just for the sake of having one glass of wine.

Enjoy yourself over the weekend xx

Day 16. Never thought I would get past the first week. Cate, made up my mind, thanks to you. No alcohol it will be. And you are so right that I need to have a plan before the party. With the alcohol decision made, I think I will have my pasta carb just before going to the party and leave my bar to look forward to when I get home.

Nobody knows now I am on a vlcd AGAIN except my hubby and I'm managing fine but today is a family gathering and I don't want them to know so my plan is to avoid the food but if things get difficult, I will allow myself chicken and chicken only. I will say I just ate before arriving and hopefully that will keep the questions away.

its great to know what I am going to do. Thanks for the guidance and wisdom cate.

m

Oh, so delighted that my observations were useful too you. Enjoy!! x

Back home. No alcohol. Delicious food everywhere. I has some baked salmon and the tiniest taste of a cheddar and chive cheese that everyone was tasting because someone said it was beautiful. And it was. Loads of black coffee. Resisted all the cakes and desserts. Delighted.

i probably shouldn't have my bar now but I'm going to....

thanks for for the advice earlier.

m

Back