Motivation

Exactly joy! Thing is a. I'm "bigger" but was still in a uk 14 (16 occasionally) and a s-m trousers and b. They've never met me! Wonderful motivation though!

xeilidhx said:
First beach holiday ever in July with my pals. Main motivation is to be on a beach without being harpooned/returned to the sea. I'd really love to buy my first bikini but unsure I'll ever be that confident. Also got some rather *****y comments I read about myself (from complete strangers!) online. All their comments about my fat/my bum/me jiggling might actually motivate me to lose it. X

Dont be affraid to wear a bikini, i was over 12st when I first wore one, i never looked any better in one when I was 9st!! Just remember there are women who WILL look worse!

Zoesastar said:
Dont be affraid to wear a bikini, i was over 12st when I first wore one, i never looked any better in one when I was 9st!! Just remember there are women who WILL look worse!

Good thoughts! I'd just like to be comfortable in myself for it! Who knows if that'll ever happen!

What Motivates you and what sends you spinning off course?

looking in the mirror motivates me
weighing myself every single morning
the good feeling of a good workout/run/cardio completed
trying on clothes that fit better
thinking of the summer time and looking fantastic in my bikini :)
my boyfriend and the look on his face when i hit my goal weight

what sends me spinning off course?
easter candy and it is EVERYWHERE! I wont even look at it or go near it. If i buy one bag I know I will eat the entire thing. Or sometimes I get sleepy (I have a sever hypothyroid/hashimoto's) so I will crave a nap but instead, I'll go to the gym. I ALWAYS feel better!

How do you knuckle back down?

breathe - and remember how horrible you feel when you give into temptation versus how spectacular you feel when you do not cheat for a day... a week... and the results!!!!

Are you getting better at reading the signs and able to redirect yourself before falling off?

Yes - as soon as I feel myself getting weak I'll eat a sugar free pudding and I'll do some cardio. Or I'll complain to a girlfriend who will always snap me back into the right mindset! Not to mention - I'll look at pics of swim suits and how I want to look hot :)

keep up the good work - this forum is helping me so much!!! 30 lbs to go!!!!

my motivation is this: I dont want to have the same battles with food for the rest of my life. It's boring, upsetting and frankly unnecessary. I see this diet as a way to kick starting me to getting to the weight loss I want so that I can then continue to eat healthy for the rest of my life and not have daily battles with food. I think realistically one will always have to be conscious of what they eat but Dukan gives you a framework in which you can retreat to and implement when you feel you are falling off track.

But yea, healthy life, healthy body and finishing this battle with weight once and for all! Massive motivation!

x

Loving all the motivation ideas from angelj too!!! Looking good in a bikini- not much can top that feeling!!!

Like my friend always says- "you deserve to look good- you deserve to feel good about yourself and to feel confident- you deserve to be the best that you can be"- i often repeat this to myself when I am feeling a bit shitty/low about the day/food because I think positive thoughts breed positive behaviour.

If you dont feel deserving of weight loss and looking good then you subconsciously will never allow yourself to achieve it. You MUST feel deserving of it- (ps. I am repeating this for my own sake too- hope i dont sound lecture-like!!!)

Good luck y'all x

Tbm, keep repeating it, positivity defo breed positivity. The mind is our tool of success x

xeilidhx said:
First beach holiday ever in July with my pals. Main motivation is to be on a beach without being harpooned/returned to the sea. I'd really love to buy my first bikini but unsure I'll ever be that confident. Also got some rather *****y comments I read about myself (from complete strangers!) online. All their comments about my fat/my bum/me jiggling might actually motivate me to lose it. X

Well tonight I'm around 3 stone lighter (scales dependent) and confronted aforementioned person with the comments! Am breaking dukan by drinking tonight (my choice) and intend to attack after this. Don't want to encourage anyone to do this, but I'm glad I confronted these demons tonight to draw a line under them! I've not lost in weeks since I started to jog (c25k) but I fully expect a gain since I have had a drink tonight. So chuffed some folk have said I'm "stunning" tonight. And I hope this doesn't ramble too much!! I don't condone anyone drinking on dukan but tonight I'm glad the person who motivated me to start by commenting online on the size of my bum admitted she was jealous and I look "good". I've still got loads to go!! X

Well done e that's fantastic!! You should be proud and don't let other peoples jealousy get you down!! I had a comment made to me this weekend (not intended to insult but did) was hard not to punch her but I rose above it!!! Enjoy your drink :) xxx

I have a picture of JLo on my fridge with a photo cut out of my head attached to it. I love that look and this time next year, i will have it!

Eccab77 said:
I have a picture of JLo on my fridge with a photo cut out of my head attached to it. I love that look and this time next year, i will have it!

Davina on mine, with a big headline saying 'Reborn!' :D

P x

I've only just started this week, but so far so good. My inspiration for loosing this horrid weight is my Mum. She's lost quite a bit of weight following Dukan, recently ill health has visited the family and this has spurred me on, obesity can be the cause of the illness along with other things and this has made me think about my future. My Motivation is to get slim, fit and healthy and be around for my daughter. She turned ten last week and i can remember when she was born thinking I don't want to be a fat mum pushing a pram....it still happened. Then I wanted to be a slimmer mum in the playground, still not happened....so now I'm thinking, she has one more year left at primary and I'd love to be slimmer and fitter by the time she goes to High School and make her proud of me, and hopefully not be ashamed of the fat mum in front of all her grown up friends.

So its time to do it, time to make a difference, and to be honest having my Mum there to watch out for me I'm kind of scared to fail LOL.

You can do it with Dukan, try and stick to the rules and it will happen! Its along journey so you may falter but pick yourself up and carry on. The support here will keep you going. You will pick tips and recipes along the way so read along people's diaries and threads on the forum and you will find it easy.
Good luck. x

I've only just started this week, but so far so good. My inspiration for loosing this horrid weight is my Mum. She's lost quite a bit of weight following Dukan, recently ill health has visited the family and this has spurred me on, obesity can be the cause of the illness along with other things and this has made me think about my future. My Motivation is to get slim, fit and healthy and be around for my daughter. She turned ten last week and i can remember when she was born thinking I don't want to be a fat mum pushing a pram....it still happened. Then I wanted to be a slimmer mum in the playground, still not happened....so now I'm thinking, she has one more year left at primary and I'd love to be slimmer and fitter by the time she goes to High School and make her proud of me, and hopefully not be ashamed of the fat mum in front of all her grown up friends.

So its time to do it, time to make a difference, and to be honest having my Mum there to watch out for me I'm kind of scared to fail LOL.

I think the forums are a fantastic way to keep motivated. I quit smoking after being an addict for 32 years with the support and kindness of the Whyquit forum and NO nicotine replacement or fancy aids. To them I will always owe a deep and sincere gratitude. The support of others should never be underestimated.

Not needing to worry about my weight, not needing to constantly think about it, to free up my time to meet someone and get on with my life motivates me, as does looking good in my bikini on my hols on 3rd October is Spain

I went on holiday to cuba 10 years ago and came back with a camera film of photos I wish Id never developed. I hated how I looked and felt ashamed of the fact that I had allowed myself to become so delusional in thinking I looked ok in a bikini...the photos soon made me realise I certainly did not! I felt sick to think that I had been parading around for 2 weeks in next to nothing whilst others would have judged.
This November I will be heading back to Cuba and with me I will be taking a suitcase of bikinis which I will wear with pride and confidence, safe in the knowledge that I look good in each and every one of them :D

Ranger loving t he positive post, good on you girl xxx

I don't think I'd have done so well without the support on hear, great ain't it lol xxx

Split up with hubby June 2011 and have eaten and drunk myself silly. Now I feel ready to go out and enjoy myself but just want to lose excess weight to feel confident in myself and get out there and be me again.

Back