Must shift some weight for July, need to wear shorts!

Day 19

B- Tea, allbran (hex B)

L- goats cheese and lentil salad pot from M&S, wholefood superfood salad pot from M&S, Tea

D- Lamb casserole (2) slim tonic

Snacks - tea x 2

Syns - 2, however I left the rest for my salad pots which contained nuts and a 5ml pot of dressing which had some oil in it. I don't know their syn value but I love those salads, and it is my Friday treat!

Going out for a curry with friends on Friday night, normally would consist of lots and lots of wine, a peshwari (did I spell that right) naan, some saag aloo (which we share) and a tomato based curry. Don't normally bother with rice, I am aware that this would be DIET HOMICIDE but any tips on tweaking it, not sure I can loose the naan, they are to die for at this restaurant! Any advice welcome:help2:

Personally I'd take this meal in isolation and be good before and after. I know what you mean about the food, you don't want to be deprived. I'd work out approx how many syns have been used and then minimise syn intake until nxt WI.

Day 20

Thanks Happy Holidays, I will try to be quite conservative with syns this week before and after the Curry Night, to minimise damage.

B- Tea, pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, yogurt, All Bran (hex b)

L- Chilli, potato wedges, salad, tea

D- McDonalds grilled chicken and bacon salad (1.5), fat free dressing, diet coke

Snacks - 4 x Mikado (2 syns), tea, green tea.

Syns - 3.5, plus some in the potato wedges probably, which were from a restaurant so not sure what the seasoning was.

day 21 and day 22

Sunday, here goes:
B- tea, bacon, spaghetti hoops

L- Carrot soup (allowing 2 syns because it was shop bought, by my mother in law, still at least it wasn't a cream cake!) Jacket potato with crab sticks and mayo (2 syns)

D- Went to the pub for a mixed grill, but only ate a steak, gammon, half a chicken breast, 3 mushrooms, and 4 onion rings (8 syns, guessing) diet coke

Snacks - tea x 3, green tea, Mikado x 4 (2 syns)

Syns - 14
OMG I ate loads today!!

Monday day 22 and weigh day

Horrified!!! I put on 2lbs!! surely I cant have, I have been pretty good all week, just wondering if my big dinner last night is still lingering, I will weigh myself again tomorrow.:argh:

B- tea, pineapple, yogurt

L- chilli and rice, diet coke, tea

D- pineapple, grapes, kiwi, yogurt

Snacks, tea, celebration size galaxy (2 syns), slice of bread (hex b)

Syns- 2

day 23

Weighed again today, back to 11.6lb today, which would be a sts. This is not what I hoped, but after yesterdays train wreck, I can live with it. will try harder this week, but got a curry night on fri, just going to try and be minimal on syns between now and then.:eating:

B- tea, pineapple, kiwi, yogurt

L- Spanish chicken bake (hairy dieters recipe), potatoes, onions, chicken thighs, chorizo (8 syns, guessing), tea

D- pineapple, grapes, tea

snacks- tea, pepsi max, celebrations snickers (2 syns)

syns- 10

How is the food diary going Lupuscow? I started mine just two days ago because I needed to focus and yes, it has helped me. I'm being 100% honest, no point in telling fibs to myself. But the mere fact that it's there is making me think twice about snacking on that packet of biscuits or bag of sweets. I'm also planning my meals for the day and sticking to them rigidly which helps. If anything, I'm eating less than I'm planning because I'm full before I've eaten the whole of the main course. I really struggled to find room for last nights desert of frozen blueberries!

Today might be a bit hard as I'm going to a reunion and eating in a pub that has no healthy food in sight....crisps, nuts and toasted sandwiches made with cheese and white bread. Looks like diet Coke and fresh air for the day. Not good.

I think it's very unlikely that you ate enough on one day to result in a 2lb gain - that would require nearly 7000cals over and above what your body needs just to exist. More likely the gain is due to fluid retention, perhaps from salty gammon.

I've been having a think about your food though and I've noticed that you're not always having the 1/3 Speed that you're supposed to, particularly when having fruit; bananas, pineapple, kiwi and grapes are just Free, not Speed. You could try swapping for apples/pears/strawbs/rasps/melon etc. and see if that helps.

Day 24

Wow, so many comments, Thanks guys!:thankyou:

I am finding that the diary is really helping, I am being very honest, but it helps in my decision making to know that I will post it for all to see! It also helps to compare days to see what triggers my eating habits. I plan my weekly meals before I shop, remembering to factor in where I will be with the kids or when I might have more time to cook something nice, compared to when I need a quick dinner. That really helps, with cost and with last minute hunger mistakes!

Happy Holidays, the chicken bake is delicious, I have made it before, I love the hairy dieters books, because they make what I call normal meals that I can feed to everyone, without using artificial sweetners and diet products. They just use less oil and fat etc. I am not sure if I can get photographs on here, (I am technologically backward) next time I make it, I will try for you. xx

Notsofattypatty, great tip about the fruit, I don't know which are speed foods, would happily add some, just wading through the massive pile of pineapple that I seem to have accumulated! I eat any fruit so don't mind varying it. Also, salty gammon?? never would have thought of that! Just glad I didn't actually gain 2lb. I would have struggled to stick to plan after that.

Here is Wednesdays:

B- Pineapple, banana, kiwi, yogurt, tea

L- Tuna, sweetcorn mayo, jacket from spud u like, not sure if it was lf mayo, so allowing (4 syns), diet coke

D- Lamb, leeks, mushrooms, new potatoes all cooked in stock, coke zero

Snacks - tea x 2

Syns - 4

We can't post lists of things on here, but other non-Speed fruits include mango, cherries, pomegranates and Sharon fruit (persimmons). It's rather like some vegetables are also non-speed including the starchy ones such as potatoes/sweet potatoes/parsnips/peas (which are Protein)/sweetcorn. In both cases there may be a few more, but these are off the top of my head.

It may be worth your while watching out for free membership offers and going along to a meeting in order to get the latest information and have the new members talk.

Michelle - the recipe with a picture is available here Hairy Bikers' Spanish-style chicken bake recipe - goodtoknow

Day 25

Glad to see someone can help you with the recipe, I really am rubbish at computers! To be really simple, can someone tell me what a 'Like' means, and why I have some? I apologise for my computer ignorance!!:confused:

B - Tea, pineapple, grapes, raspberries, yogurt

L- Lamb dinner (leftover from yesterday)

D - Jacket, tuna, lf mayo (2 syns), sweetcorn, coke zero

Snacks - Tea, coke zero, small slice of homemade cake (8 syns) 2 slices dry wholemeal toast (hex b)

Syns - 10

Day 26

:party0036:Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear! The curry was amazing, as always. I was trying to pick wisely when the wine came out and got me!

B- pineapple, grapes, raspberries, yogurt, tea

L- kabuto pot noodle, Satsuma, tea

D- 1 large poppadum, prawn rogan josh, peshwari naan, bindi bahji (okra dish) Far too much wine, a whole bottle I think!

Snacks - ww yogurt, tea x 3

Syns - lets not go there!!!

:party0016:

Whoops to the wine! As I understand it, the curry meal is a regular event (something my husband would love to do!) so you need to come up with a coping strategy - spritzers? One wine followed by on soft drink? I don't know as wine isn't my downfall.

I tend to use 'like' in the same way as HH. If accessing Minis through the website, the 'like' is in blue below the post. If, however, you're using the app, it's rather complicated and I can't honestly remember how to do it!

Day 28

Thanks for the computer tips, I know the wine is not good, but I do like a drink!!:break_diet:
I think next time I will offer to be the taxi, then it wont be an issue! I am quite pleased with myself though, because usually the day after a boozy night would mean munching all day on stodgy food and junk.

B- All bran, no milk (hex b) Tea x 2

L- spaghetti Bolognese, coke zero

D - MacDonalds chcken and bacon salad (1.5 syns), no dressing, diet coke

Snacks - green tea x 2 (futile attempt at cleansing my system, he he)

Syns - 1.5

Not too bad, back on track from now on!

Day 29

Back on track and feeling positive!:whacky068:

B- Tea, Spaghetti hoops, 2 rashers bacon, eggs.

L- bowl of butterbean and chorizo soup (mother in law again!) (allowing 2 syns), Tea

D- Steak, salad leaves, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppercorn sauce (2 syns) Coke Zero

Snacks - Fruit salad, melon, strawberries, kiwi, mango, raspberries

Syns - 4

Day 30 Weigh In Again

Well its D-Day again, 11.6lb, STS. But considering my Friday night epic fail, I am not distraught. (I am actually relieved I didn't put on).

I need to learn more about the speed foods, I understand you cannot list them here, but can anyone maybe suggest a good addition to my morning fruit? or a good side veg for my main meals? or does it count if you snack on speed foods, or do they just need to be 1/3 of a meal?

B- fruit salad, as yesterday, yogurt, Tea

L- spaghetti Bolognese,Tea

D- Homemade burgers, cheese (hex a), salad, potato wedges

Snacks - curly wurly (5.5), 2 slices bread (hex B), boiled egg, 2 celebration chocs (4)

Syns - 9.5

I am really hoping to loose some more before holiday, any tips I can use to get there, greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much.:gen147:

Back