My 5:2 Diary (didn't get to goal in 2014 - planning on getting there in 2015!)

Thanks so much Blades.... You're doing great too - well done x

A successful "normal" day for me - woo hoo!
Snack - red bull and fudge bar = 228
Lunch - 2 crackerbread, cheese triangle and 1 tomato = 89 cals
Afternoon munchies!! Red bull, snax crisps, 2 malteaser reindeer bar (TOM!) = 511
Dinner - rice and potatoes (Carb heaven!) = 603
Lots of water....

Total cals today = 1431. Delighted with this. Hoping to stay under 1500 on my normal weekdays, so that I have some buffer calories to use on food and a few drinkies at the weekend. Fast day again tomorrow ;-)

x

A successful "normal" day for me - woo hoo!
Snack - red bull and fudge bar = 228
Lunch - 2 crackerbread, cheese triangle and 1 tomato = 89 cals
Afternoon munchies!! Red bull, snax crisps, 2 malteaser reindeer bar (TOM!) = 511
Dinner - rice and potatoes (Carb heaven!) = 603
Lots of water....

Total cals today = 1431. Delighted with this. Hoping to stay under 1500 on my normal weekdays, so that I have some buffer calories to use on food and a few drinkies at the weekend. Fast day again tomorrow ;-)

x

Thats a very good day, well done xx I sometimes envy calorie counters as you have so much patience. Thats why i think i failed every time as i like to go with flow lol x

So...update for the last two days....

Wednesday was my 2nd fast day this week. I (for the first time ever), didn't eat anything until 7pm. I had a can of red bull for lunch and drank some (but not enough!!) water until 7pm. I then had a veg stirfry with noodles and quorn meatballs and soya sauce (very weird combination I know but it was lovely!!) I felt quite bloated unfortunately which I think is because I didn't drink enough water, so that's definitely something I will change going forward. Total cals was 568 again (exactly the same as Monday, but eating completely different foods!).

Stood on the scales this morning and had lost 3lb out of my 5lb gain so very happy with that.

Today was a "normal" day. I didn't count calories at all (even though I normally do, but it was just one of those days!)

Going to count calories tomorrow and then enjoy my food Sat and Sun.

Hope you are all having a great day.
Fi
x

So...update for the last two days....

Wednesday was my 2nd fast day this week. I (for the first time ever), didn't eat anything until 7pm. I had a can of red bull for lunch and drank some (but not enough!!) water until 7pm. I then had a veg stirfry with noodles and quorn meatballs and soya sauce (very weird combination I know but it was lovely!!) I felt quite bloated unfortunately which I think is because I didn't drink enough water, so that's definitely something I will change going forward. Total cals was 568 again (exactly the same as Monday, but eating completely different foods!).

Stood on the scales this morning and had lost 3lb out of my 5lb gain so very happy with that.

Today was a "normal" day. I didn't count calories at all (even though I normally do, but it was just one of those days!)

Going to count calories tomorrow and then enjoy my food Sat and Sun.

Hope you are all having a great day.
Fi
x

Sounds like you are back in the zone and looks like a good few days :D well done

Welcome weebuns... Will post an update later x

Hope you are having a great weekend x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi all,

Had a weekend of food and drinkies....Feel pretty lousy (full and lethargic) now and I'm looking forward to my first fast day tomorrow.

My plan for this week is to fast on Monday and Wednesday. I'm also planning on trying to fast until 8pm Friday (using my 500 cals until then). I pick up my partner at 8pm and we normally have a snack and a drink, so I'm going to allow myself another 1000 cals (my drink is 450cals!!! - West Coast Cooler - it's the only thing I drink unfortunately). Then I'm going to enjoy Saturday and Sunday... I've only ever fasted Monday/Wednesday, so let's see how Friday goes... I'll keep you posted...

Best of luck to those of you fasting tomorrow.... Bring it on!!!
Fi
x

Good morning world.. Never got to update my diary yesterday but I had my most successful fast day in terms of lowest calories.. Woo hoo. Need to up the water intake though

I had the following :
Lunch - red bull 113 cals
Dinner - noodles and quorn chicken 397 cals

Total calories = 510....

Feeling so much better as a result of my fast day...

Normal day for me today so looking forward to it will update my food later

Have a great day everyone x

Hope your fast day went well. I think you'll be fine on Friday as you know that you will be having something at the end of the day. :)

Morning weebuns... I'm enjoying fasting until dinner so Friday should be OK... You are right.....once I know I can have food at some point that evening that should get me through the day... x

I fasted yesterday - I had breakfast then didn't have time for lunch so decided I may as well fast so had a light dinner - just under 500 calories over the day. I used to fast dinner until dinner and eat nothing so not sure - other people do eat so just a very low calorie day?

I had a "normal" day yesterday and for once, ate up to my TDEE of 2,000. I enjoyed every minute of it!!!

I had a fast day today, but I was starving so went over slightly... Not too fussed as this is a long term plan for me :)
Today I had:
Alpen light bar = 70 cals
Red bull = 113 cals
Noodles and quorn meatballs = 312 cals
Sweetcorn = 80cals
Total cals today = 575

Normal day again tomorrow.... Can't wait... I'm starving lol

You look well on the ball xx heres to a good loss this week :)

no loss this week unfortunately... Possibly due to a number of reasons.. I kind of expected to stay the same but would still have loved a loss on the scales this morning

Not to worry... This is a long term thing so I'm not giving in! Normal day today thankfully

Just looking back over my food from yesterday and between the noodles and the corn it was carb / starch heavy... I think I'll revert to the soup I was eating before instead and see how that goes

I never stay within 500!! Normally 800 but I justify it because I exercise a lot! Haha

Do you think that your less hungry on non fast days now? I read that that was a benefit of the 5:2 plan?

Back