My brand new restart diary - one step at a time

Here to subscribe. Xxx

Ahhh I'm so happy/ jealous that youve broken the 9 to 8st barrier..that's always where I get stuck!! Perhaps when I get back there I'll try some 5:2 action to give it a boost too!
Sounds like a yum food day planned! Enjoy!! Xx

Thanks Ging :) For me it's the 8st 7 barrier I get stuck at. Got there a few times, but struggle so much to lose that last 1/2 stone or so & have never reached target. Its prob equivalent to your 9st, as you're a bit taller than me.

X

Monday 13th January 2014: Day 5, Week 2

Weight: 8st 12.8lb

Fast Day 3

Lots of tea!!! With skimmed milk (c. 100 kcal, hexA)
L: Celery & Leek soup (50kcal)
D: Small portion left over pork ragu (300kcal)
Chocolate (90kcal, 4.5 syns)

Total: 550kcal, 4.5 syns

Weekly syns: c.75/105

Last edited:
Finally managed to get the new SW mag today (looked for it at the weekend, but sainsos & my local newsagent didn't have it, so popped into the big tescos on my way home tonight). My shopping prob looked a bit funny, as also bought 10 chocolate bars & a multibag of crisps!!! They had the quality st purple choc bars down to 16p, so couldn't resist haha. They are my fave & thought they'd make good low-syn treats as there's 4 purple chocs per bar at 50kcal each. They have months on the date so should last a while - assuming I can resist eating them all at once!!

This week might be a bit tricky as am now out tomorrow, thurs, & then have a dinner party sat night. Plan for tomorrow is to have a late lunch (really want to try the butternut squash & falafel salad if my little tescos has it!), as won't get home until late so don't want to be starving as alcohol + hunger is a huge danger area for me. Will aim for 1-2 glasses wine tomorrow night, then prob 4-5 gin & diet tonic on Thurs. Sat will be hardest, as absolutely no control over what I eat. Don't like saying I'm on a diet when going toa dinner party as don't want to create extra effort for my friend.

Tuesday 14th January 2014: Day 6, Week 2

Weight: 8st 11.8

Will update food & syns as I go along, as not sure exactly what I'll have yet!

Food Update:

Lots of tea with skimmed milk (hexA)

Snack: Large pot pineapple & grapes

L: Tesco butternut squash & falafel salad. This was soooo yum! Didn't taste syn-free at all! Had with some cherry toms

Syns: 2 large glasses dry white (16 syns), 3 60kcal chocs (9 syns)

D: Cooked a quick veggie stir-fru when I got home.

Total: 25 syns

Last edited:
Aw, thanks Ging! You'll be there in no time. I'm still chasing my lowest weight before Christmas, but is good to see the scales moving in the right direction :)

X

Wednesday 15th January 2014: Day 7, Week 2

Bit disappointed about weight jumping up a lb this morn, but guess I can't complain. Today's another 500kcal day, so let's see if I can get it back down!

Plan foodwise is:

Tea with skimmed milk
L: Last little bit of left-over ragu (c.250kcal)
D: Mussels (130kcal) with some kind of veg or salad

Wine can do that :) it will be off again tomorrow! Good luck on you fast day!

Wine can do that :) it will be off again tomorrow! Good luck on you fast day! xx

Sunday 19th Jan 2014, Day 4, Week 3

Mmm, scales are being a bit stubborn at the moment! Not gone down since last Monday, grrr :(

Thursday, another 500kcal day (tho ended up being closer to 600 in the end)

L: Fresh fruit
D: Veggie stir fry with slim rice, 1 pack Velvet Crunch, 2 small chocs.

Friday had a really bad day! Didn't get home from work until gone 8pm & feeling v fed up so was a bit naughty.

L: Chicken salad
D: Meat ravolini (my bf bought these from a lovely italian deli. Not sure how SW friendly but couldn't say anything when he'd cooked me a lovely suprise supper to cheer me up!). The pasta was with a honemade plum tomato, sweet red pepper, & basil sauce. Aa superfree with hexB oil. HexA parmasen.

Then the naughtiness.... 1/2 bottle red, large G& diet T, quite a bit of chocolate. Bad Em!

Yesterday back on plan. My friend was ill so dinner party cancelled. Had SW fry-up for brekkie, homemade courgette soup for lunch, & onion & cumin chicken with couscous, cherry toms,
& leeks for dinner. 175ml glass dry white at theatre & 1 small choc for syns.

Another 500kcal day today, not sure what yet....

Quick update with todays food...

Large bowl of rhubarb stewed with stevia, cinamon, & couple cardamon pods (50kcal)
Cheery toms (25kcal)

Homemade asian style pork & prawn balls with tomato, mushroom & coriander sauce (350kcal) served with pak choi (25kcal) & tenderstem brocolli (60kcal)

Monday 20th January 2014: Day 5, Week 3

Starting to get fed up of that number on the scales! Esp as last Tues it went down to 8st 11.4, then back up again on Wed & stayed there ever since! Ah well, gotta have faith if I stick to it they will start moving downwards again....

Not sue what food plan for today is yet so will update later. Was going to make today & wed 500kcal days as Thurs can't be (parents visiting so lovely 3 course meal planned. If I avoid the naan bread & choccy fudge cake it will be on plan, with wine for my syns. Tho that's a big if, haha.)

Update: Foodage for the day

L: Boiled egg salad (120kcal)

D: Pizza topped mushrooms - 40kcal shrooms, 30kcal tom puree, 15kcal red pepper, 30kcal ham, 115kcal hexA cheese, basil & black pepper (230kcal)
Served with 1 hexB ww petit pain (110kcal) & brocolli (40kcal).

Dinner was soooo yum & now stuffed! :) Takes me to bang on 500kcal for the day.

Last edited:
Your food sounds really yummy Hun. If I were you I'd only weigh in once a week; weight can change by the hour so then at least you would see a loss over the week and know it was a loss which wouldn't just creep back on for no reason. xx

Back