My fishy week!

I love fish too :)

My wife was recently told by a dietitian that she was eating too much fish, to be more acurate our kids were.

There are certain maximums of certain types of fish allowed see this

I love to cover plain white fish (I generally use cobbler or talapia as it's less flaky than some other white fish) with salt, paprika (hot paprika or chilli if the kids aren't eating it) & garlic powder. simply fry in a non stick frying pan using a couple of sprays of fry light in the pan and a couple on the fish. mmm...

Sorry I havent been about to answer your questions had a bit of a manic weekend...This is what I have eaten since weigh in on tues night!

Weds
Breakfast - Mullerlight, summer fruit and alpen light
mid mornind - Apple and banana
Lunch - Quorn sausages and salad
Afternoon - Grapes and alpen light
Dinner - Cod with onions, chilli flakes and garlic cooked in tin foil in the oven, new potatoes, green beans and carrots

Thurs
Breakfast - mullerlight yogurt, summer fruits and alpen light
Mid Morning - Apple and banana
Lunch - smoked peppered mackerel which is 1 syn on ee per 28g and salad, mullerlight jelly mousse for dessert.
Afternoon - apple
Dinner - Salmon with peppers cooked in a foil parcel, savoury rice, tomatoes.
Supper - Alpen light and pink and white

Fri
Breakfast as before how boring am I lol
mid morning - apple and banana
Lunch - smoked peppered mackerel 1 syn 28g on ee with roasted vegetables, followed by mullerlight and jelly mousse.
Afternoon: pink and white
Dinner: Sole fillet grilled, new potatoes and salad.

Sat
Breakfast as before
Lunch tuna and jacket potato with salad
mid afternoon apple and banana
Dinner fish pie, carrots and green beans, followed by strawberries and greek yoghurt

Sun
Breakfast as before
Lunch sea bass fillet with garlic onions and tomatoes, new potatoes and salad
Mid Afternoon: Strawberries and banana
Dinner: smoked peppered mackerel with pasta

Hope this is helpful to some of you and will keep you updated on the loss results on tuesday night

Ooooh, interesting indeed! I eat a lot of tuna (salads and in jacket potatos) and have salmon fillets for dinner - but no other fishes really. I think I'll check some more recipes out!

Have you been doing it as a Red week, or Extra Easy?

I have been doing it as extra easy as I just find it more flexible for my lifestyle.

Right... fishy week from tomorrow.

Mc D's do a fishy thing... Mmmmm *ponders*:rotflmao:

lmao i am not sure the mcd's fishy thing would help!! wishful thinking though me thinks x

Mmmm I know... but it was worth the ponder lol

But the fishy week does sound like a good plan, if only for a week just to give a little boost!

I havent a clue why it works, but this is the second time it has for me so defo wont be complaining! today I am having peppered smoked mackerel and roasted veggies for lunch and cod with chillies, onions and garlic cooked in a foil parcel with rice and salad for dinner tonight...yum yum one day to weigh in!!

i cant wait to hear how your weigh in goes snuggles.

i guess it makes sense that it works if you think about it as most fish is s or ss!

Weigh in is at 7pm tomorrow night so not long now...and to be honest I havent missed meat one little bit!

oooooo and seeing your stats if you lose 5lb you hit target!!!!
good luck hun x

I love fish too :)

My wife was recently told by a dietitian that she was eating too much fish, to be more acurate our kids were.

There are certain maximums of certain types of fish allowed see this

I love to cover plain white fish (I generally use cobbler or talapia as it's less flaky than some other white fish) with salt, paprika (hot paprika or chilli if the kids aren't eating it) & garlic powder. simply fry in a non stick frying pan using a couple of sprays of fry light in the pan and a couple on the fish. mmm...

Oh my, thanks for that link Cloggy, I think I could do with reducing my mackerel intake!

hmm intresting be intrested to know if cutting meat out all togther would help (i don't like fish)
before I got pg with my daugther I only ate chicken and never had a weight issue when i got pg i craved meat and have ate it ever since.
can see a no meat week coming for me next week.

There is a SW fish pie recipe on here which is gorgeous... I eat alot of fish tuna steaks with chilli and lime are lovely, salmon with honey and soy, sea bass just with a squirt of lemon juice and flavoured cous cous, sea bass with piri piri seasoning, king prawns fried in garlic (using fry light) loads more BBC good food website and com dine with me websites are great

Speedy Prawn Curry

4 garlic cloves
2.5 cm fresh root ginger (we use lazy ginger)
2 tbsp curry powder
400g can chopped toms passata
1/2 tsp artificial sweetener
567g cooked prawns
200g v low fat naturalyogurt
S & p
Fresh coriander

syn free

1/ Peel and crush garlic and grate ginger. Place in a pan with curry powder, tomatoes and sweetener. Bring to boil cover and simmer for 8-10mins.
2/ Add cooked prawns and cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped coriander.

Delicious

Last edited:
that sounds nice, will have to try that one day this week, do like prawn curry

Back