My food diary - Trying to be a healthier me. :) (Will add some photos)

Thank you. :)
My mum's a chef and dad a pretty great cook so I learned from them. :D It's not overly hard adjusting recipes to the SW way really :D
And I've had friends over apologising for me going off the diet when I've cooked a SW friendly meal for them.. haha!

Im so jealous! I survived on things from the freezer and packets when I was small!! And I have next to no experience with things like herbs or spices so SW has been a real journey for me!!

Im so jealous! I survived on things from the freezer and packets when I was small!! And I have next to no experience with things like herbs or spices so SW has been a real journey for me!!

Ohh it must be nice that you've learned about herbs and spices. :) I keep a bunch of fresh herbs on my window shelf in the kitchen. Lots of sun gets to it. :)
If you ever wanna know any recipes for any food i post don't hesitate to ask. Most of it is simple. :D

Dinner tonight : Fake Shish. Pitta (4.5) chicken (Garlic, salt, pepper, bbq frylight, smoked paprika, chilli flakes), frylight onions, peppers, garlic frylight mushrooms with garlic, pickled beetroot, pickled egg.
Drink : Diet coke with a shot of absinthe (5.5).. Made my head a tad fuzzy so I only drank half! 80% alcohol :eek: not good for someone that drinks only on special occasions.. haha!

Total syns : 10

and here's a photo of my dinner. I did leave my pitta under the grill for a tad too long. Oops hehe

UX7xf7B.jpg

HEXA : Milk
HEXB : Salted caramel bar

Breakfast today is a cup of tea, salted caramel bar and some grapes.

Took a photo for you lovely lot as well. ;)
Don't worry the grapes were just dirty in the photo. They've since had a wash lol!

r3GE8am.jpg

Undecided as of yet for lunch and tea. :)
No syns used yet.

Lunch today is a tuna pasta salad (Ott on the garlic. OH didn't want to kiss me before leaving for work haha.) with tons of herbs, pickled beetroot, pickled onion, pickled egg, pickled gherkin.

tCaOzDS.jpg

Syns : 1.5 (3 table spoons of lighter than light mayo for the whole lot. I'll probably snack on it later so counting it all. :) )

Dinner tonight is chinese 5 spice pork with chinese noodles.
Made with pretty much a whole jar of 5spice, many herbs and spices, garlic, onions tinned tomatoes, and because it's SW I also added in mushrooms and carrots to absorb the flavour more. :D

I'll post a pic when it is done cooking. :)

Total syns for this meal : 0!

Syns for today : 4.5 (I ate the other half of that orange chocolate bar from tuesday.)

Lunch today is a tuna pasta salad (Ott on the garlic. OH didn't want to kiss me before leaving for work haha.) with tons of herbs, pickled beetroot, pickled onion, pickled egg, pickled gherkin.

Syns : 1.5 (3 table spoons of lighter than light mayo for the whole lot. I'll probably snack on it later so counting it all. :) )

Sounds delish! Well minus the pickled egg- I could never really get over the colour that they go...!

Lol I love pickled eggs. :D
Breakfast today was a salted caramel bar (hexb) and a cup of tea.

Lunch may be so so because I'm going out with a friend at midday! I'll have a look for low syn stuff and if I find nothing I'll just have a cuppa tea or have a super speed weekend. :)

Dinner tonight will be fake KFC probably.. Depends if I can be bothered with going to the shop or not, lol. Suppose I could pop into morrisons after seeing my friend as it's right bang in the middle of town :)

And here's a photo of last nights dinner.. not a great photo but I couldn't take one to do it justice! It was yummy. :D

q9BLQfc.png

Dinner ended up being a beef pitta with salad and onions.
Syns total for day : 12.5
I'll upload a dinner pic tomo, writing from my phone now lol

PyyXAjc.jpg

Dinner last night. :)

Breakfast today is a banana and a salted caramel bar.

Lunch will be a super speed tomato soup (tinned tomatoes, baked beans, pickled egg, stock.)

Unsure on dinner. :D

hi MC
beef pitta looks nice, thanks for reminding me about the tomato soup, I think I will make a batch tomorrow to take to work on Monday,
dor x

It's a simple recipe - 2 tins of tomatoes, 1 tin of baked beans, pickled onion, stock (I used a rich beef stockpot)
I blended all of mine together and it was quite yummy. I couldn't tell the beans were in it at all :) It was very rich though. I would say taste it when you're done and maybe add some water. :)

Other super speed soups I do are things like :
Tinned tomatoes, onions, carrots, garlic, chilli, mushrooms, butternut squash, leeks.. basically any veg you like!
I always use tinned tomatoes as a base because I love them. :) And I'm a huge veg lover so these are great for me lol.

Tonight Dinner is butternut squash mash with carrots and some other root veg that was pre diced from the shop and I can't remember, but all mashed together.
I'll probably add some aromat (7 syns for the whole container and I only use a dash) and a splash of milk from my allowance.
With bbq chicken (own marinade that is syn free)

I had a pitta with my soup earlier (4.5 syns) and some of the chicken to pre-taste tester. (I love chicken)
And I also had a sweetie (1) :)

8qplCHL.jpg

Veg didn't want to go through the ricer so I just had it in the chunks already cut into. :)
Gravy is reduced stock so it's free.
Chicken BBQ marinade : Soy, sweetner, smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, chilli flakes.

oFDQPUb.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to do a roasted venison leg with roast potatoes, roasted carrots (bugger I forgot the parsnips!) an onion "gravy" (stock) mushrooms and roasted butternut squash.

Veg didn't want to go through the ricer so I just had it in the chunks already cut into. :)
Gravy is reduced stock so it's free.
Chicken BBQ marinade : Soy, sweetner, smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, chilli flakes.

View attachment 144126

Tomorrow I'm going to do a roasted venison leg with roast potatoes, roasted carrots (bugger I forgot the parsnips!) an onion "gravy" (stock) mushrooms and roasted butternut squash.

how was the roasted venison ?

Not good. :( It has freezer burn quite badly so it had to be chucked.
Today I've had a banana, salted caramel bar. Half of a warburtons wrap (4.75) and bachelors pasta (chicken and mushroom)
Been quite bad fruit and veg wise today :( Was miffed off because of the venison and have in general felt really down. TOTM will probably be soon with how cruddy I feel!

Going to prep a stew soon. I have potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, onions, garlic, mushroom, broccoli and cauliflower to go in it.. should be yummy for tomo :)

Bleh to today!

forgot to mention I had a huge options hot chocolate in bed last night. I used two teaspoons and sweetner so it was probably 4 syns. I'll call off yesterday at 10.

Stew will be dinner not lunch now! Poor OH will have to wait until very late as he works stupid hours.
Pork's still frozen solid lol. :D

I had a weird month long period until the week after my 0.5lb loss. :eek: so I'll just chance it and see how I go. I want my 2st by 2 months. :D

Decided to stick the pork back in the freezer and bought beef today. The pork can be for pulled pork or something. :)
changing it into a hot pot, too. It's layered : Potato, carrot, onion, beef (and repeat) And there will be cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower on the side. :) I'll leave it in the oven until about 8pm then egg wash the top layer of spuds and let that brown off. It should be amazing! Already smells lovely.

Had a philly and ham wrap earlier (4.75 syns. Will decide later if philly was hea or not.) and a bite of the OH's sausage (Not trying to sound dirty. I'll count it as 1 syn)

Also been snacking on a tub of pineapple chunks and had a banana.

Gotta be super good with WI tomo!

Hea : 1 mini babybell light (1/3 hea) milk (either 1/3 or 2/3. will see how much i use on tea at the end of the day.)
Heb : ???

Syns : 6 or 8 depending on philly.

Syns for yesterday : 12. :)

And here's a photo of the hotpot dinner. It was amazing!

tuk0EZo.jpg

Today is WI day so I shan't eat much until then.

Breakfast was a cuppa tea and salted caramel bar.. not sure what I will have for tea tonight! I reallllllyyy fancy a battered sausage. I'm sure it has nothing to do with currently cooking the OH sausages.

Back