My food diary - Trying to be a healthier me. :) (Will add some photos)

Didn't end up updating because I went to bed with a massive headache at like 8, lol!

Lost 5 lbs and got slimmer of the week :D

Yesterdays food :
Hexb : Salted caramel bar
Hexa : Milk and babybel
Syns : 7

Salted caramel bar and a cuppa for breakky
No lunch
Dinner was a pack of bachelors pasta.. Didn't have any veg so gotta be good today!
I also had a few fake ferrero rochers :D
I also glugged about 5l of water and sounded like a horse when I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.

This week may be so and so because it's star week.

Today :
Hexb : Scan Bran
Hexa : Philly light (1/3) and milk (2/3)

Breakfast : Philly light on one scan bran. 2 Fake rochers. (2)

Lunch : Quorn Bolognese (It was on offer. I'm normally a meaty girl!) I'll jot down all the veg once I make it. :)

Dinner : Undecided.

Syns : 2

Thanks for subscribing. :) x

The general recipe I use is :

Lean mince <5% fat (Have got the 3 for £10 at asda before and synned though.)
Onions, garlic (chuck in the food processor and let it do the chopping for me.)
Tinned Tomatoes, Rich beef stock pot. Herbs : Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano.
Chilli flakes (Helps your body to get rid of it quicker I think) salt pepper Worcestershire sauce.
That's the basics for it.

With mine I also added in some Aromat (Because I had it.) Mushrooms, peppers, carrots. I love these in a bolognese because they always soak up the sauce.
I also get a few different types of tomatoes to chuck in. :)
A tip I find is if you're in a hurry used tinned veg! I use tinned carrots all the time. Otherwise the bolognese would have had to cook for an hour or so more.

Method :
Brown the mince in a pan (I prefer to use a wok) with frylight.
Add the chopped onions and garlic.
When softened add all veg that you're putting in the bolognese.
Season with the herbs, spices and salt and pepper.
Add in chopped tinned tomatoes.
Add a rich beef stock pot
Add Worcestershire sauce to taste.

I also use that sauce with Lasagne. I let mine cook for a good hour on a low heat so everything absorbs the flavour.
You can mix and match whatever veg you want. If you're cooking for the kids and they're veg fussy make the sauce on the side without the mince in and blend it all, then add to the mince. :)

Decided dinner today will be a take away shish. I will go over the syns by 2 because I want garlic sauce so I'll have a super speed meal tomorrow and stick to 10 syns. Pitta is 10 and that's how many syns I have left. Or 11.. Can't work out who ate the odd numbed fake rocher haha.

Edited this because I decided to have a medium instead of large. Pitta will be about 7 syns and garlic sauce 2, so that's 9. And works out in my syns! :)

Last edited:
Breakfast today was the normal of a salted caramel bar and a cuppa tea.

Can't decide what I want for lunch! May blend up some veg and add it to a tomato sauce with tuna or something.. I'm feeling awfully fussy today :confused:

Dinner will be fake kfc with tiny roasties because I can't be bothered to make chips.. lol!
Bought corn on the cob to make it seem more real :)

I left mine in the freezer which is why I didn't scoff them all at once haha.

Having a roasted chicken leg for dinner instead of the fake kfc. I'll do fake kfc tomorrow. :)
Been cooking for a while and still isn't done! May just eat the veg and have the chicken for breakfast tomorrow, lol.

Syns so far : 8

Was saving the other 7 for chicken skin haha

I have to avoid nandos because of that, now!
I fear i deffo went over the syns yesterday. :(

Syns today : Pitta (4.5) Alpen light (3) bacon (1 - only a small bit of fat.) Bite of the OH's buttie (2. It was a decent bite!) and a bite of chocolate.. it was the one with biscuit in it, just a square but that's like half a row so no idea on the syns. I really hope it's less than 4.5, lol!

Breakfast : Salted caramel bar (hexb)

Lunch : beef pitta with onions, tomatoes, garlic, chilli, peppers, mushrooms.

Dinner : Spaghetti Carbornara - Bacon, Philly light (hexa) garlic, mushrooms, mixed salad.

And here's photos. :)

A00Hlf2.jpg

MxUrmhu.jpg

And no need for a dishwasher..!! (I picked out all of the mushrooms because they're poisonous to dogs.)

IIFylvK.jpg

Star week is really taking its toll with food this week.. Normally I wouldn't have eaten that chocolate but I saw it and broke off a bit then shouted to the OH to get it away. It's hidden now thank god.

Your carbonara looked divine!! Did you just chuck it all in a pan and add the cooked pasta at the end?

Star week has crept upon me as well- so explaining the need for the options at the end of the day and want for carbs!

And im sure a bite of your chocolate wouldn't be more than 4.5syns- as there is no free food that would allow you up to 90 calories worth of chocolaty goodness...

Hmmm I want more chocolatey goodness! Hehe.
Yeah I mixed it all in the pan, added some seasoning and then chucked in the cooked spaghetti. It was amazing but I made far too much for the OH and I. Hence sham being employed as a dish washer Hehe.

Forgot to mention fruit I snacked on. Think I ate 3 bananas and some strawberries. I normally eat fruit between breakfast and lunch. :)

I need to buy more options, thanks for reminding me lol. Hope your star week passes quickly :)

So, not been eating today!
Have walked the dogs, gone to the post office, fill out tons of forms for the OH.. And drank lots of water.
Had a alpen light bar so far. Not sure if i'll count it as 3 syns or half hexb.

Otherwise had nothing.. I feel too lazy to cook. :confused:

Right today I've had :
x2 Alpen light bars (hexb)
Dinner : Fake (Syn free) Kfc with corn on the cob and some salad.

lZJJYGc.jpg

Syns : 2 for taking a bite out of the OH's sandwich. 1 for the Aromat. (I didn't use a 7th of the tub but felt i should syn it!)

Syns left : 12.
May just not bother with much more today. Going to have a cup of tea in a moe.. otherwise probably nothing else. One of those days!

Hexa : Milk
hexb : x2 wholemeal slices of bread

B : none

L : BLT (cut fat off, 1tbsp lighter than light mayo.) Bite of the OH's wrap (2)

D : No idea!

I've made a cheese cake today and I'm waiting for it to set to see how nice it is. 1/4 of it is 4 syns (or 2.5 if I would have used the base as hexb)
Will share it with the OH so I can't go over 8 syns luckily. Or knowing me I would eat it all.

Syns so far : 2.5

If the cheese cake works out well I may bring some to group next tuesday. :)

nZIjyxI.jpg

Back