My life is as good as an ABBA song!

Yes, I have read several of her books. I love them. I also like Maeve Binchey. Have you visited Ireland?

I have not, but I wish to! I will check out Binchey too. I now have the latest book(Marian's that is) but for some reason I can't finish it because I've been doing something else, I love the Irish lore, I want to be there and I want to visit! I am planning with a friend, hopefully it'll turn out!

We've "done" Dublin, the Fethard Peninsula, Wexford, Waterford and Mount Cashel and Kilkenny.

We plan to do a fly/drive starting in Cork and travelling up the western side of Ireland -- one day soon. I wanted to so it this summer, but I was out voted and we went to Lagos, Portugal. (My DD loves the sun and sand.)

Sounds like a lovely family day out. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

Oh I'd so love to dangle a few digits in some sea water and breathe in that pungent air, feel it seep into my skin! Mmmmm. And the sea is so calming, just the sound. Oh well, looks like this year is out but there's always next year!

Here's wishing you a fab day down by the water! Tomorrow starts a new week so let's jump in with Joie de vivre :)

So I seem to be all off somehow today, like my motor abilities have gone by the wayside. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing! I want to turn left and I turn right (at home I mean), my brain is calculating one thing and my body seems to do the opposite! Don't fail me now my human form! I mean to bend over to pick something up and instead I scratch my arm, there's a glitch between the computer and the end unit!! If I'm not significantly better tomorrow I may be calling the doctor. Maybe it's just a fun thing the brain has started playing with me :)

OK rant over. I'm certain I've had other experiences whilst sick that made me turn my head so I should forget it and do something else!

Hope all are doing well! :)

Wow, that seems very weird. If it continues you might want to go the hospital. A friend of mine just had a mini-stroke at age 42. (She is in hospital recovering.)

Last edited:
Ahhhh, feel better soon.

this is so funny CG, I'm a native polish person, who left Poland at 4 1/2 for France. My grandmother is french. She met my GF during war, then she moved to Poland with him when my father was 2. He spoke 3 languages at that time, but unfortunately dear Staline closed the borders and my GM never saw her family again....And my father forgot all the langages he learned and spoke only polish ;(. Sad story about lost opportunities which I'm still dealing with in my own life...

It's probably the reason why I don't feel well in Belgium, for us moving to a new country means worse than better....Well that's how I analyze it but I need to work on this a little more. I've already done some EMDR work on the process of moving to a foreign country while leaving behing all loved ones (my grand parents almost raised me and it was hell moving far away from them at 4) and that lead me directly to my weight loss....so I guess I'm leaving stuff that doesn't belong to me behing along with my pounds ;).

As for your sister and don't have one, so I wouldn't exactly know how to deal with such a problem, but I guess I can relate to what MM has been saying.

Whishing you the best of week !

Hi CG,

Any better today? I was thinking that the motor skills things might be related to an inner ear infection? You should probably see a doctor if you are not on the mend.

Hello, just wanted to check in and say I'm still here :)

I'm starting to feel better but the cold is lingering. After speaking with the neurologist I stopped taking the RLS pills and my coordination is slowly returning. So except for having to blow my nose every 3 minutes, and the lung congestion, I'd feel amost human.

But here's the statistics for my 3 day-turned 2 week break from ss:
I weighed on probably day 3 of the break and was up over 6lbs and then I simply put the scales away. I know I went out of ketosis right away (ate a bagel). So this morning I'm back on ss, the total weight damage is after those 2 weeks is 2.4lbs. I hope it's not a mistake getting back on ss whilst still having a cold, but then since I've not really been eating very healthy I may end up getting more nourishment with the shakes and soups!

Hope everyone is well. I don't think I'm up to sitting at the computer and luckily I've no work at the moment, so I'll probably sign off for another day or 2 until I'm chipper once again!

Morning CG,

Glad to know that you are on the mend, and have the option of resting a bit. Good luck on the restart.

CG I don't like when you don't come ! how is your diet going ? how is your life going ? please don't give up on either of them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What she said. I was wondering where you are an how you are. It's been a week.

Back