My life is as good as an ABBA song!

OK, so once again I planned quite poorly, for today at least.
B-leftover chicken, yoghurt
L-leftover chicken, galette
D-leftover chicken, 2 mini tins tuna, mousse

BUT, I have planned the make-ahead meals I'll be making for the week and made a shop list, printed the recipes, yadayada. So I'm looking forward to a more organised week full of yummy meals (and no crises!):)

BTW, made the mousse (with sf jelly powder and quark, it was lovely! Will defo be making that again

Never was any good at keeping a diary!
Fell off the wagon again last weekend and ate and drank my head off for 3 days:eek: Baked a tray of - get this - oreo cheesecake muffins and promptly ate them all (well, over the course of 2 days). I guess I can't be the poster child for this diet, but I've been back on track for 7 days now and I have this to say: this diet is brilliant! Been doing it for 4 weeks, with 2 huge blips lasting 2-3 days each, and I've still managed to lose 10lbs in those 4 weeks, so I'm happy with that. Of course, I could kick myself when I think how much I could have lost had I not been such a bonehead.

I've gotten quite good at planning food/meals and I never miss a walk as I have a dog who demands I take her out at least 3 times a day. I usually do 2 long-ish walks of at least 25 min each.

All in all, my sins have shown me that a few days of PP can undo a lot of damage:p

PP day
B-banana flavoured muffins, coffee
L-grilled salmon
D-grilled chicken breast (2)
desserts, snacks - sf jelly, dukan mousse, 1 slice lf ham, nf yoghurt

No wonder I have such problems keeping a food diary - that's an awful lot of food!
I am addicted to the muffins, I make them in batches of 12 with different flavourings each time. I'll probably never use my allotment of oatbran in anything else:)

I was hoping for a bigger loss than 2.5lbs but that is actually pretty good when you think about it. I wonder why you can never lose it as fast as you can put it on? Seems unfair anyway.

Good day today, very productive. Spring cleaning in the kitchen, all those greasy nooks and crannies you never seem to get to on a regular basis (well at least I don't).

Also cooked: a sort of mince chili/bolognese thing for PV, baked a few nice dijon chicken breasts for which I managed to get the timing EXACTLY perfect and they came out oh so juicy and tasty. Baked a dozen muffins. Got out the ancient manual meat grinder and made some chicken mince which I then seasoned with a homemade sausage seasoning blend and it's now in the fridge 'marrying' and waiting to be shaped into patties tomorrow.

I've 4 eggs left so in the morning I plan on making some custard with the yolks and an egg-white omelette for brekkie to go w/the chick sausage.

Walked the dog 3 times, total about 3.5km. I know that's not much, considering how weather-tastic it was today, sunny and 20C! They're calling for more of the same tomorrow so I'll try to get in at least 5km.

Well I over-cooked the custard by about 15 seconds and it curdled. Tastes alright though, just not appealing to the eye or in texture for that matter! Will try again another day. Also had trouble measuring 1/8 tsp cornflour as I have no such measuring spoon. Apparently it is 0.6g so might use scales next time!

B-yoghurt, muffins
L-leftover dijon chicken breast

I love oat bran.
I like muffins too.
I tried them with poppy seeds and vanilla flavour last night.
And today I tried a galette with smoked salmon and cumin.
Have a great day!

About the poppy seeds.... just a teaspoon, ok?
It seems it is in the grey area... so I consider it a tolerated item.
Sometimes, it is nice to make a change, you know....
Let me know how those muffins turn out, please.

PV
B-muffins, coffee, yoghurt
L-chicken sausage, cucumber, tomatoes
D-baked halibut, green salad
snacks - jelly, yoghurt

Tried making bns crisps - major fail. Was very impressed with myself for the way I sliced it paper thin. First batch on grease proof paper was limp but tasty, second batch on al foil burnt completely and the few pieces that didn't were super-glued to the foil. Third batch just out of oven, back to grease proof paper, lightly browned. After they've cooled I'll see how they turned out. Am thinking a food dehydrator may be a worthwhile investment...

Only 2 short walks as piriformis pain ugly today, hip throbbing. I'd like to do some yoga this evening so I'll see if I feel like it later but in any event should do the prescribed stretches to ease the pain.

Also seriously need to colour hair (read: cover gray), am still afraid to go to hairdresser and her professional strength hair colour since I lost a good 40-50% of my hair after doing CD for 5 months. May just stick with the l'oreal home job for a few more months. Now if someone would just give me a kick in the arse, as motivation of course :p

Already mostly forgot what I had yesterday but I know it was all according to plan. So today PP
B-muffins, coffee
L-mince flan
D-omelette
+yoghurt, jelly, 2 walks @25 min each

I seem to have gone a bit heavy on the eggs today, yikes! Tomorrow I shall limit myself to the muffins and no other eggy food. The mince flan is very yummy, I'm sure it will be a favourite of mine.

When I first read on here that on cruise dairy is limited to 1kg I laughed out loud:D How could I possibly consume anywhere near a kilo of dairy products in a day?? Unthinkable! Well colour me wrong :doh: It is VERY easy to eat a kilo (and more) of dairy so I'll need to watch that.

Otherwise I feel great, no more carb fogginess, that bogged down feeling when you overload on carbs, you just never notice it when you're shoveling potatoes, bread and pasta as fast as you can prepare them and then you wonder why you're sooo exhausted and can't lift your arse off the couch. Mind you, not that I'd scoff at a nice chunk of fresh peasant bread...:)

Well I haven't posted for a week, I really am bad with diaries! Last week I officially lost 1.2lbs, which I was a bit disappointed with but it is still a loss. I felt I should have lost more and tried thinking if I was maybe eating too much dairy but I really haven't changed any eating habits. In any case, the morning after my official weigh-in I was down over 2lbs more. Maybe there is something to the school of thought that it is not what you shift in a day or even a week but what counts is the loss for the entire month. You go up and down daily but at the end of the month you see what you have truly lost.

This is defo the best diet I've ever done. It is relatively painless, and I'm rarely hungry. I don't have any food cravings like I would with another diet and on PV days I feel positively stuffed after eating 3 meals. Now to take care of the treacherous mind trying to talk me into wanting chocolate and wine...:D

cheesegirl I enjoy your diary - I just took a moment to read it. I'll definitely continue to follow you.

Best of luck my dear!

keep posting and dont be disapointed... no matter how small a loss it is its still a loss :) every little bit helps and its a step in the right direction

PP
B-muffins, coffee, yoghurt
L-big juicy steak
D-grilled chick breast
+yoghurt, sf jelly

Very little exercise to speak of yesterday and today. But I blame the dog, I had her spayed yesterday and she's to remain calm and not exert herself so I'm commiserating:giggle: But really, yesterday was awful. I felt like a tyrant for putting her through so much discomfort but she's doing much better today and frankly, I think she's beginning to get the hang of being fussed over :) Had intended to pop in a yoga dvd or some such thing but I never got round to it. Will try to do something tomorrow.

I've got yoghurt in a strainer in the fridge, hope to make some boursin cheese out of it tomorrow and if my chicken rolatina turns out as I hope it will I'll post the recipe.

PV
B-muffins, yoghurt, coffee
L-grilled steak and parsley root chips YUM
D-chicken rolatina

I've been thinking of trying the bread, I've several recipes and all sound interesting but the problem is I JUST LOVE MY MUFFINS IN THE MORNING and I don't know if I want to go without! I have yet to get bored with them, even if I make the same flavour again and again. I suppose I should bake a loaf of bread and freeze it, I'm sure I'd get round to eating it eventually :)

Went to the vet for a follow-up visit and she's doing just fine, the incision is healing beautifully - wish my scar were so invisible! Got the ok to go for walks again, so right after we got home we went out and did about 2km, at a slower pace than usual but once they remove the stitches Tuesday we'll pick up the pace again.

Back