My new way of eating!

I'm finding it good! The food is great and I feel great! Not finding the need to snack at all either, craving for sweetness is no longer there.the most difficult thing I am havin is learning what my body needs before and after exercise. Yesterday I had a banana and a few almonds before training, plenty of water in the day too. After my exercise I felt sick and had an awful headache. I may need to load a few extra carbs before hand? Not sure. Other than that it's all good. It will be 2 weeks on Tuesday and I am already 7lbs down as of this morning

Yesterday's food

B - 3 bacon and 2 eggs

L - chicken breast with cooked mushrooms & peppers

S - protein shake with a few almonds, 2 boiled eggs

D - rib eye steak with roast veg

B - bacon and eggs

L- 3 chicken legs

S - glass coconut milk and few almonds

D- red snapper cooked with onions, chilli & garlic in a coconut milk & cream sauce! It was truly delicious! Served with asparagus and roasted squash. Outdid myself!

Did you give the sausages a try?

Ok not been on here for a couple of days so wanted to update my diary.

Today's breakfast
Porridge primal style - coconut milk, banana, almonds and walnuts blitzed up! Was delicious

Lunch
2 x black farmers sausages, 2 rashers bacon, scrambled eggs with fried onion and peppers

Dinner
Home made burgers with asparagus, mushrooms And peppers! Yum!

Snacks
Tomato, walnuts, apple

Played 5 a side for an hour tonight and my body is really craving sweet things right now! :(

Last edited:
B - chorizo omelette!

L - green salad, tomatoes, cucumber, little bit of cheese with pastrami

S - 2 boiled eggs and a hand full of macadamia nuts! They are tasting sooo sweet! 1 pear just before training.

I have training later on, bootcamp style! Just hoping my body will function for it! Wish me luck! Haha

D - griddled chicken breast, roast veg.

After my exercise again I had a banging head ache, I'm not sure whether it's a phase or if I need to feed differently before hand?

Last edited:
Feeling the aches from the bootcamp workout last night! Ooooof!

B - black farmers sausages, mushrooms and 2 fried eggs

S - protein shake

L - pastrami, baby leaf salad, cherry tomato, little bit of cheese, drizzle of extra virgin olive oil

S - macadamia nuts

D - pork chop with asparagus and poached eggs

Last edited:
Today's food so far

B - paleo porridge. (coconut milk, banana, walnuts, macadamia nuts and blueberries

S - protein shake and a peach

L - black farmers sausage, rocket and spinach leads, shaved carrot, cherry toms and a sprinkle of cheese dressed in some extra virgin olive oil.

image-2665760571.jpg

We are off out tonight for a friends birthday. A restaurant called Bem Brazil, which is a meat eaters heaven and so I am hopeful that I will stay on plan. I'm driving too so not going to be drinking alcohol! Is sparkling water a viable option?

So I haven't posted for a few days, been reading up a little more on paleo. Everyone talks about eating healthy fats like chicken skin etc yet after reading the book on paleo it suggests lean protein such as turkey breast etc is the best and that chicken skin is high in the wrong type of fat! I'm really confused with what is right.

I am going to cut out all dairy now and try to be strict! I want to feel the results more! Although since starting I have lost 10lbs but I think that may be down to the increased levels of exercise!

It's probably both :)

I read diet has more of a role in weight loss than exercise (although you should exercise) cos you can't exercise off a bad diet ;)

Was it loren cordains book you were reading? Opinion is split on the fat involved in a paleo diet. All seem to believe that there's no problem with good fats, the difference is on agreeing, in our modern world, what a good fat is.

After lots of reading, and trying a lower fat diet which didn't work nearly as well for me, my opinion is:
- don't get all your fats from meat or fish sources, use eggs, avocados, Macademia nuts, coconut, good oils (butter, coconut, olive etc)
- buy the best meat and fish you can, grass fed, organic, free range, wild not farmed fish etc and feel free to eat the fat on that
- if you know you're eating cheap or poorly raised meat, cut off visible fat

Hope that helps!

Back