Stuck to cals again today, so food looked like this:
breakfast - Weetabix minis & yogurt
snack -1/2 punnet raspberries
lunch - Turkey & branston pickle sandwich, skips, Choc mousse
snack - pear & pistachios
dinner - lamb rogan josh & mini naan
snack - will have some lentil crisps in an hour or so
total cals - 1,447

i managed a (slow) half hour run today for the first time in ages so that felt good! Well, not whilst I was running, but when I'd finished it felt good, lol!

I have also decided to weigh myself daily for a few weeks but keep Saturday as my official weigh-in. I react badly if the number doesn't match my expectation so I think I need to try and make the weigh-in less of a big deal/event. Hopefully if it's just part of my normal routine, I'll get used to the ups and downs a bit more. That's the theory anyway!

I daily weigh with am official one on Thursday. ...it helps to keep me on track especially if I've had a bad weekend!

I'm hoping it'll have the same effect on me Becky. I've already lost 1lb since my official weigh in so that's helped me as I would have probably found it harder to resist some Monday chocolate if I was still fed up about not losing after such a good week last week. I am WAY too emotional about my weight, even though I know it's daft!

Good food day today:
breakfast - yogurt & granola
snack - pineapple & pistachios
lunch - sweet chilli chicken salad & mini naan (loving this lunch at the moment so it's going to feature an awful lot till I get bored of it in a few weeks!)
snack - usual rice cakes, cashew butter & apple
dinner - LF sausages, egg & beans
snack - lentil crisps
Total cals - 1,285

I tend to weigh everyday too! I can't help it. I think it's because I want to make sure I don't gain, and if I do I can sort it out before proper weigh day. I've read that you should only weigh once a month - impossible!

I would be a mess if I only weighed once a month - I'd either worry about it constantly or I'd think I had ages to rectify any slip-ups! Plus I could do an awful lot of damage in a month if I wasn't accountable to the scales!

Couldn't get on the site last night to post, so here's what I wrote yesterday:

Food today consisted of:
Breakfast - yogurt & granola
Snack - pineapple
Lunch - egg mayo & bacon sandwich, wheat crunchies & boost
Dinner - tamarind & lime chicken with salad
Snack- lentil crisps

Calories were bang on target at 1,500 exactly. BUT, this wasn't what I planned to eat at lunch - I'd planned my usual salad and had everything with me at work, but after a stressful morning and facing an afternoon of back-to-back meetings, I decided I wanted more of a treat. I did re-work my dinner and drop my afternoon snacks to stay within cals but I don't want to make decisions about what to eat based on my stress levels anymore althoygh it's good progress, I want to work in that more.
I actually didn't enjoy the sandwich and crisps as much as I thought I would either which is both good and adds insult to injury!

Then today was good:
Breakfast - yogurt & granola
Snack - pineapple and pistachios
Lunch - sweet chilli chicken salad, mini naan
snack - 2 rice thins & cashew butter and apple
Dinner - salmon steak with a soy & lime marinade & noodles
Snack- lentil crisps
total cals -1,399

Despite not losing much over the past couple of weeks, I feel like i look a bit slimmer this week. I shall try my bridesmaid dress on again at the weekend and see if I've got a bit more breathing room. I've booked a Universal Contour Wrap for the week before so hopefully that will shrink me a bit more too!

Hi hun just been having a look diary for inspiration as I am new to it all. Love the sound of the sweet chicken chilli - do you make it? Or buy it ? Xxxx

Hi hun just been having a look diary for inspiration as I am new to it all. Love the sound of the sweet chicken chilli - do you make it? Or buy it ? Xxxx

Hello there :). I buy it - it's sainsburys sweet chilli and lime chicken breast slices. It's usually on offer at £5 for 2 packs and I have half a pack with half a bag of rocket - it's yum!

Another day within cals:
breakfast - yogurt and granola
snack - 1/2 melon & 1/2 punnet blueberries, pistachios
lunch - usual salad & mini naan
snack - usual rice thins & cashew butter, apple
dinner - pork steak marinaded in soy & coriander seeds, salad & 2 slices garlic ciabatta :)p looked forward to this all day)
snack - lentil crisps
Total cals - 1,454

have been weighing daily for a few days and I think it's going to help. I'm noticing that I'm getting on the scales thinking about what I weighed yesterday rather than thinking about how much I think I might have lost or how much I wanted to lose this week. I'm down 2.5lbs so far this week so hope that sticks around till Saturday so I can record it - not sure it will after the soy sauce but it was worth it!!

Ooh sounds like you'll have a good loss this week! Also well done with adjusting the rest of your days food after having more of a treat for lunch the other day. That's a good way of thinking. I think you definitely appreciate the value of calories more once you start counting them!!

Ooh sounds like you'll have a good loss this week! Also well done with adjusting the rest of your days food after having more of a treat for lunch the other day. That's a good way of thinking. I think you definitely appreciate the value of calories more once you start counting them!!

I hope so. I got into the 10s for the first time this year and I really want to still be there for my official WI tomorrow! Though even if I'm not, at least I know it's not far off.

Just do had my Friday Choc treat and now on here for a browse to distract myself till the craving for more goes.....

Managed to overcome the craving so today's food was:

breakfast - granola & yogurt
snack - 1/2 melon & blueberries, 2 rice thins & cashew butter
lunch - sweet chilli chicken salad & mini naan
snack - boost
dinner - chilli prawn fried rice
snack - lentil crisps
total cals - 1,366

So in addition to breaking into the 10s this morning, I've also had a NSV - I've got back into a smaller pair of jeans!! My others had a really saggy bum so thought it was worth a try and they fit perfectly :). I've actually got 3 pairs of size 12 jeans but gave to be below certain weights yo fit into them. I need to be in the low 10s for the other 2!

A quiet weekend coming up so hopefully I'll be able to get plenty of exercise done.

Woo hoo , well done x

Woo hoo , well done x

Thanks. I was another down lb this morning so have lost 4lbs in total this week :D :D :D :D (one for each lb) and have achieved my second goal! So glad I didn't let myself get all fed up and grumpy after the STS last week or it could have been a very different story. Next goal is to get to 1 stone off - so 2 1/2lbs to go to that.

I also took my bridesmaid dress to be shortened today and it fit perfectly when I tried it on - phew! I've been having various nightmares about ripping it or spilling things down it for the last couple of weeks so hopefully those will stop now!

Food today:
Breakfast - Weetabix minis, yogurt
Lunch - toasted sour dough with scrambled eggs & smoked salmon (thought I'd died and gone to heaven eating this)
Snack - raspberries, Choc mousse

Dinner will be 2 chicken fajitas and then some lentil crisps for a snack mid-evening.

Wow brilliant! I love fitting in to smaller clothes more than seeing a lower number on the scales. It makes it more real I think. Glad your bridesmaid dress fits too!! One less thing to worry about :)

Wow brilliant! I love fitting in to smaller clothes more than seeing a lower number on the scales. It makes it more real I think. Glad your bridesmaid dress fits too!! One less thing to worry about :)

Yes, definitely a relief! I'm loving fitting back into clothes - i put everything that didn't fit under the bed so that it wasn't making me feel bad every time I opened the wardrobe.... hopefully I'll be able to start retrieving things over the next couple of months!

Food today:
breakfast - Weetabix minis, yogurt
lunch - fish finger & tartare sauce sandwich, skips
snack - raspberries & Choc mousse
dinner - roast chicken, peas, broccoli & gravy, strawberries
snack - lentil crisps
total cals -1,310

i might use another 90 for a slice of fruit loaf as dinner wasn't great (the broccoli was really bitter) and I feel a bit unsatisfied. Will see how I feel in half an hour but it would take me up to 1,400 which is absolutely fine.

nearly Monday again - how does that happen?! Have a big scary presentation to do on Thursday so this will be a good week to prove to myself that I definitely don't have to stuff my face when I'm stressed!

Good day:

breakfast - yogurt & granola
snack - pineapple and pistachios
lunch - sweet chilli chicken salad & mini naan
snack - 2 rice thins & cashew butter, apple
dinner - 2 LF sausages, egg & beans
snack - lentil crisps
Total cals 1,250

It seems that having the same food for breakfast, lunch and snacks every work day is working well for me at the moment. It's all stuff I really like and the routine makes it easy. I'm sure I'll get fed up eventually but I gave some other lunch things I can add back in when I need to. I'll probably stick with the breakfast and snacks though as they're all carbs + protein and I want to keep them that way.

Went for for a run after work and have gone all tired. Going to get my dressing gown on and snuggle up and watch Biggest Loser!

Looks like a good day. I always think I'll get bored of the same thing all the time but if you like it then why not. Plus it's easier to put in mfp!

It's great the dress fitted! That must have been a good feeling!

Where did you get the lentil crisps from?

I go through phases with things. ..I'll eat salad for lunch everyday for a month, then get bored so switch to soup then something else....I think it's good mentally and physically to have a routine then a change. ....it keeps you motivated x

I do that too! I've eaten porridge for my lunch for the past two months haha. It's boring but it's easy to do and I don't really have to think about it.

Looks like a good day. I always think I'll get bored of the same thing all the time but if you like it then why not. Plus it's easier to put in mfp!

It's great the dress fitted! That must have been a good feeling!

Where did you get the lentil crisps from?

It was SUCH a relief. I feel much more excited about the wedding now I know I don't have to worry about that! I get the Burts Lentil Crisps - love the Thai Chicken ones but they do a couple of other flavours as well. I used to have a yogurt or a choc mousse for my evening snack but decided to swap to something that wasn't sugary in the hope it would help me sleep better - seems to have worked.

I go through phases with things. ..I'll eat salad for lunch everyday for a month, then get bored so switch to soup then something else....I think it's good mentally and physically to have a routine then a change. ....it keeps you motivated x

Me too and not just with nice healthy foods - I was OBSESSED with rocky road bites from Sainsburys a couple of years back - I must have gone through at least 3 tubs a week and then I just got over it and I haven't bought any for the best part of 2 years now! My unhealthy one is caramel nibbles now - still on offer in Sainsburys so having to wear blinkers when I need to go in there at the moment!

I do that too! I've eaten porridge for my lunch for the past two months haha. It's boring but it's easy to do and I don't really have to think about it.

Yeah - sometimes not having to think makes it so much easier to stick to a plan. I'm out for lunch tomorrow for a leaving do so that's forcing me to have something different!

Btw - check out my multiple quote post! It's taken me a good 15 mins to figure out how to do it so I'm feeling very proud of myself - lol!

Good day again - usual B, L and S, Dinner was thai fish cakes with noodles and a fruitopolis yogurt. Don't usually have dessert by my cals would have been on the low side 2 days in a row and I don't want to feel tired and hungry tomorrow.

Total cals - 1,341

Didn't manage my step target today as it was hideous weather at lunchtime so had to forget about a walk. Need to give myself a talking to as I'm annoyed about it - which is ridiculous as I have still done 13,500 steps! I really need to work on this all-or-nothing attitude - 13,500 steps is bloody good and it still earned me an extra 100 cals in MFP (I sync my vivofit to see how many extra cals I've earned above and beyond what it assumes I've burned being 'lightly active' but it's just for info - I don't eat them back)! Will have to watch out for this in future as when I'm not feeling as strong, it's the type of thing that can derail me.

What is your step target then? Here's me all like "ooh I've done my 10000 steps"!! Seems a bit rubbish now!!

Thanks for the info on the crisps, I'll have to have a look around for them. I've had some from m&s before but they only have smoky bacon flavour. I'm going to start eating the same lunch to see if it's easier for me too! I vary my snacks a bit and breakfast on the weekend.

Back