My Road To Slim City

Hi Mini Mum - welcome aboard one of the best and most supportive forums around.

Mind you, there are "one or two shady characters" on this thread, but they mean well lol;)

I have had the most amazing journey in just about 10 months! - I buried my best friend (and several more since in the past year - long stories - see my diary etc.) but like yourself, am using that as my inspiration.

Success is all about your mindset, and yours is EXACTLY WHERE YOU NEED TO BE. (As I was)

A great consultant is a must, and I've been blessed there too!

Finally, support online of great Minimins poster really helps! - so two out of three's not bad:p - only joking they are all awesome, even the cheeky ones. (you'll soon work them out).

My work colleagues were also fantastic and accepted my choices not to join in with nights out, biccies, Greggs etc.

I've a great feeling about you and your journey and glad to be in at the start. Remember when you fall (you NEVER fail) you get back up and carry on!

Knock 'em out kid!

Steve

Hi Mini Mum - welcome aboard one of the best and most supportive forums around.

Mind you, there are "one or two shady characters" on this thread, but they mean well lol;)

I have had the most amazing journey in just about 10 months! - I buried my best friend (and several more since in the past year - long stories - see my diary etc.) but like yourself, am using that as my inspiration.

Success is all about your mindset, and yours is EXACTLY WHERE YOU NEED TO BE. (As I was)

A great consultant is a must, and I've been blessed there too!

Finally, support online of great Minimins poster really helps! - so two out of three's not bad:p - only joking they are all awesome, even the cheeky ones. (you'll soon work them out).

My work colleagues were also fantastic and accepted my choices not to join in with nights out, biccies, Greggs etc.

I've a great feeling about you and your journey and glad to be in at the start. Remember when you fall (you NEVER fail) you get back up and carry on!

Knock 'em out kid!

Steve

I am now on page 6 of your journal/diary and I am determined to read it all tonight... I was going to get my book and read tonight but instead I am reading your story thus far! I will comment when finished and I am really sorry to say that you may have another avid follower that may 'take the michael' out of you every now and again but will also always be in your shadow of greatness :D

Ok I am ready to start tomorrow... Been looking through Maximus' diary tonight and that has really motivated me as have many of you on here and I am ready to start my journey!

I have found some REALLY horrible photo's of me this evening and I have set them as a desktop background on my laptop because I HATE them and I hate my body this way so no more!

Bring on the journey :D

Yay! Tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of your life. You'll be brilliant :)

Hmmmmm. Who do you mean ? I know it's not me because I'm not cheeky or funny enough but I can think of some who may occasionally pull your leg. Please name and shame though..........................:p

Yay! Tomorrow will be the first day of the rest of your life. You'll be brilliant :)

It is exciting. I would encourage you to take photographs and take measurements (although this is a 'do as I say not as I do' piece of advice because I didn't in the start because I never for one minute thought I'd be successful !) even though it's really difficult to see yourself 'in all your glory' because it's so good to look back at the comparisons. Try not to be too impatient (easier said than done !). It will feel slow at the beginning but it really won't be too long before you will look back and think 'wow, look how far I've come'. I totally agree with Steve about the 'falling' - it WILL happen because it happens to all of us for a variety of reasons but you have to not beat yourself up and just get back on. Not easy sometimes but it's worth it. It's a really wonderful feeling and I'm looking forward to hearing about it from you.

Gail x

Morning

Can't wait for you to start. There will be more recipes for me to copy.

I might steal the idea about the photos as a background for the laptop - that should stop me going on it all the time. The problem is which one to choose cos I never look good in photos:cry:

Gail's advice is really good - remind me to read it again when I cock up.

Have a good day.

I just got out of the shower and usually when getting changed if I happen to catch my reflection in the mirror it makes me want to cry but today it was different... Today I stood in front of the mirror with just my underwear on (please don't try and imagine it as it really isn't a nice image!) but today I stood there and I smiled because I know that I am not going to see the same image for very much longer! It actually felt like a huge relief today and I feel great.

I know I will still have days that won't be as good but I also know that there will be more good than bad and that although my journey may be a long one I will get there!

"First class ticket to a new life please!" :D

My new meeting starts at 7pm tonight and I am a little nervous to walk in by myself but I also know we are all there for teh same reason so it will be fine. I will come back later and let everyone know how it went.

Have a good day guys x

Hi Tillymax,
I am sure I will get days when I am not so positive but I am hoping that keeping a diary I will be able to read over these days again and hopefully pick up the vibe I am feeling now!

Why are you not feeling so great? Is it anything specific or just one of those times? Talking about it always helps I find!

You can pinch my recipes if you want but they won't be anything exciting... They will be your run of the mill basic meals that you can cook for the family but just changed to fit in with sw! Need to get my head around the books I will be given tonight first :D

x x

Was just stumbling around looking for a new diary to read and popped on here. You seem to have attracted all the rogues (naming no names) already.

Good luck with your first meeting tonight. You're going in with a great attitude and you seem to have your head in completely the right place.

For me that's what made the difference with dieting this time round than any time before. I finally realised that if I cheat and sneak an extra packet of crisps my mum doesn't care, my friends don't really care, the people at work don't care - they'll take me as i am fat or thin (although, they've never seen me thin lol) - the only person that having a sneaky cheat hurts is myself. I know i deserve to be happy. I'm a good person and the only person holding me back from teh chance of being slim and healthy and happy is ME.

It's a slow steady path to uncovering who your ME is. It's a good journey. Ups and downs, highs and lows, share them all and we'll all be here to celebrate or give you someone to rant at.

Hope your meeting goes well today. can't wait to hear how you get on

Zoe
xx

For me that's what made the difference with dieting this time round than any time before. I finally realised that if I cheat and sneak an extra packet of crisps my mum doesn't care, my friends don't really care, the people at work don't care - they'll take me as i am fat or thin (although, they've never seen me thin lol) - the only person that having a sneaky cheat hurts is myself. I know i deserve to be happy. I'm a good person and the only person holding me back from the chance of being slim and healthy and happy is ME.

Absolutely cracking advice and reasoning - that is what has made the difference to me this time.

Ok I am ready to start tomorrow... Been looking through Maximus' diary tonight and that has really motivated me as have many of you on here and I am ready to start my journey!

I have found some REALLY horrible photo's of me this evening and I have set them as a desktop background on my laptop because I HATE them and I hate my body this way so no more!

Bring on the journey :D

I am absolutely loving your positivity!

You're going to have loads of followers and I'm proud to be in at the start. Hope my diary wasn't too harrowing - apologies for my "harem" acting up a bit of late.;)

I predict huge things for you lady, and if I have been part inspiration for that, I'll be proud as punch!

Here's my prediction. This time next year, we'll see you in the SW magazine as a cover story! Now there's positivity right at ya!

Steve

Aww thank you so much Maximus... Not sure about the sw magazine but I know I will definately be running in my son's sports day next year and that is my goal to be fit and healthy :D

So I did it and went to my first meeting! I was so scared walking into the social club by myself and I was shaking like a leaf... I walked in and there greeting me was a really big smile and the group leader saying...

"Oh hi you must be Michelle, it was so nice to speak to you yesterday and I am really glad you have come!"

Straight away I felt at ease and when other people were coming in they were all giving me a friendly smile and some even came over and ontroduced themselves. I was weighed and on a really positive note I have lost a lb already and haven't even started the diet yet :8855:

The group were really friendly and my group leader went through and spoke to all members that stayed about their losses and a few people gained! Then she introduced me and everyone said hi etc and then asked why I had come to sw and my response was

"because I want and AM going to change my life and today is the start of my journey!"

Everyone cheered (which made me go bright red) and some even stood up whilst clapping! I was astonished and slightly embarrassed! I can't say it enough but my group is FANTASTIC!

The book on the other hand is going to take a bit of getting used to as when I last went to sw which I won't say how many years ago as it will make me feel really old... but back then it was just red and green days which I was determined I was going to do again but now seeing the ee plan I am really excited about it and can't wait to start this!

At the end of the I had about 10 people come up to me and wish me good luck and one woman even said

"I don't know why I am wishing you luck as I know you are going to do well I can just tell it!"

I think she is my new best buddy at meetings :D

I can't wait for my sw week to begin and for meeting next week... I am BUZZING!!

I am SO pleased for you! You went in with such positivity that it couldn't have gone badly. And what a fantastic group! You will be awesome! X

My leader has challeneged me to get slimmer of the week next week... I do hope I can and although I am not trying to be negative as that isn't usually me BUT this isn't my first week of 'dieting' and so my body may not react like it does when most people start the diet from scratch! So fingers crossed I can get my first sticker next week ;)

Stick to the plan, the rest will follow. How are you fixed for spare time and exercise? - this will really boost the losses.

Any questions, use these pages.

My top tip at this stage is drink plenty of water - filling and a great supressant. ake your snacks pieced of chopped/sliced fruit and veg - all free and much better than crisps, biccies etc.

Oh and if you do extra easy, DO follow the rules about the super free on your plate as many don't follow this correctly.

Sorry to lecture;)

Steve.

Oh and what's you first name?

Last edited:
Back