My slim n save diary!

Last time I did this I lost 9lb in the first week so I was a little disheartened when some people lose nearly a stone but I just had to focus on the long term goal and not let my brain talk me into trying a different diet with food (which I can never stick to!).I am also incredibly lazy which probably explains it! :rolleyes: How are you getting on with it, I see you've lost a lot already, well done x
Had my birthday at the beginning of the month so added some food in and maintaining in April then gained a bit over the celebrations. Just restarted on Sunday for the final push. I think this is the perfect lazy girls diet - although I do find when I get in the exercise habit I enjoy it.

hi, I started on the slim & save yesterday. Must admit it was much easier than I thought. Trying my best this morning to not think about food but it's impossible with all the shouting coming from my stomach lol. I'm on the simplicity plan and a little confused. Am I allowed skimmed milk or not? I don't think I really understand the little help booklet even though I've read it 100 times. I can't ask anybody as they do not know that I'm on this. Thanks x

I have just read your diary - its great to see your first two losses - hope I do that well

cant wait to see what the next one brings for you looks like you will be crossing off goal two as well :)
Hx

The rumbling does stop I promise! the milk is optional on the 4 packs a day but you have to have it on the 3 packs a day, I like a cup of tea in the morning and that little bit of milk helps to make the day seem more normal food wise.
I don't tell people I'm doing this diet till I have to because every time you get a lecture on how can it be sensible and all you need to do is count calories and exercise instead, if that worked for me I wouldn't be bloody fat! This diet works for me because it takes away the obsession of food which normal dieting just makes worse.
Good luck with day 3!

I have just read your diary - its great to see your first two losses - hope I do that well

cant wait to see what the next one brings for you looks like you will be crossing off goal two as well :)
Hx
I hope so!

well done so far :)

Ive been following SW since January but losing heart atm! Just ordered my slim and save packs! I have followed VLCD before, and maintained a good loss - need a speedy boost for the summer now! Look forward to following your progress

I seem to have gone off the meals and am finding the shakes quite lovely!

I have tried the soups and I really cant drink them - so they went down the sink
the meals I dont like either so they have gone but like you I love the shakes - which really surprised me as I prefer savoury things normally

H x

I have tried the soups and I really cant drink them - so they went down the sink
the meals I dont like either so they have gone but like you I love the shakes - which really surprised me as I prefer savoury things normally

H x
just the thought of the soups makes me want to heave! I had loads of the meals in the first 2 weeks but I have just gone right off them and am really liking the shakes. I also really really like the shaker, it's the best one I've come across and is so much better than dragging the blender out and having to wash it after which usually puts me off making them as I'm THAT lazy!
How is your week going?

After losing nearly 3 stone with slim n save last year I have got on the scales to find that I have put it all back on again so time to start again!
This might not be the most exciting thread but it helps me to stay focused just writing the odd thing down and doing a weigh in once a week so here goes; coke zero-check, skimmed milk-check, blender-check, day 1!

Well done at sticking with the program .. :D

This is my second attempt of a vlcd, :(

I've started today, I need about 5stone off & for good, just feel no motivation, today's been a struggle, but I've nearly managed the day..

It's the night time binging I dread ...

Has anyone got any tips for night time ?

That's when my mind plays tricks the most & tells me I'm hungry & need that bar of " " in the fridge..

Well thought I would say hi to everyone, I must say it's pretty quiet on this site, hope I'm doing it properly, ?

well done so far :)

Ive been following SW since January but losing heart atm! Just ordered my slim and save packs! I have followed VLCD before, and maintained a good loss - need a speedy boost for the summer now! Look forward to following your progress

Don't loose heart .. Think of your goal .. Summer & that lush dress you've seen ...

Well done for doing since Jan .. That's awesome :D

just the thought of the soups makes me want to heave! I had loads of the meals in the first 2 weeks but I have just gone right off them and am really liking the shakes. I also really really like the shaker, it's the best one I've come across and is so much better than dragging the blender out and having to wash it after which usually puts me off making them as I'm THAT lazy!
How is your week going?

the shaker is great isnt it - I am due on holiday in june and though I might have to take half my kitchen gadgets with me - but like you this shaker is the best I have found
what is your weigh in day - I am hoping you hit that first stone marker by then but you know if you stick with it if not this time then next :)

my week plan wise is doing great - I have had a theraputic couple of days (on my diary)
your current bmi is a little higher than mine but our goals are fairly similar and you started a little before me - but looking at your states gives me hope - its my weigh in tomorrow - when is yours
oh and what part of Norfolk do you live in - I have friends in North Norfolk - and used to visit regularly and will be doing again - hopefully at least once a year :):)

have a great day today
H x

Well done at sticking with the program .. :D

This is my second attempt of a vlcd, :(

I've started today, I need about 5stone off & for good, just feel no motivation, today's been a struggle, but I've nearly managed the day..

It's the night time binging I dread ...

Has anyone got any tips for night time ?

That's when my mind plays tricks the most & tells me I'm hungry & need that bar of " " in the fridge..

Well thought I would say hi to everyone, I must say it's pretty quiet on this site, hope I'm doing it properly, ?

How are you getting on with it? My advice for night times is go to bed early!

hope you've had a good weekend :)

Have stuck to it 100 percent but why is it that hot weather equates to food, I've had to think to myself that the bbq's, eating outside and ice-creams will have to wait till next year when I wear shorts for the first time in my adult life!
How are you getting on?

the shaker is great isnt it - I am due on holiday in june and though I might have to take half my kitchen gadgets with me - but like you this shaker is the best I have found
what is your weigh in day - I am hoping you hit that first stone marker by then but you know if you stick with it if not this time then next :)

my week plan wise is doing great - I have had a theraputic couple of days (on my diary)
your current bmi is a little higher than mine but our goals are fairly similar and you started a little before me - but looking at your states gives me hope - its my weigh in tomorrow - when is yours
oh and what part of Norfolk do you live in - I have friends in North Norfolk - and used to visit regularly and will be doing again - hopefully at least once a year :):)

have a great day today
H x
My weigh in day is Monday, I cant start a diet on any other day, never have!
I lost 3lbs this week which isn't massive but I'm pleased, slow and steady wins the race and all that.
Hope you're getting on ok with it and good luck for today!

another 3lbs lost and the first stone gone, it may have taken 3 weeks when some people do it in 1 but I don't care, every pound was hard won and I'm in the zone, please please let me last the course!

3lb this week is really good that makes just over a stone in three weeks - very inspiring

well done on a great loss

I too cant start on any other day but a Monday :) but my finish day will be a wednesday (dont ask why I have no clue :) :) )

hope all us monday weighers have a great week this week :)

Back