My target according to THE graph means I'll still be overweight

@ Stivesliz- I totally agree, play it by ear. If you look and feel wonderful at 12 stones then stop there. So long as you are physically healthy, stay active and continue to eat good foods through maintenance then you shouldn't feel you have to go under a certain BMI number.

One weight on one person can look COMPLETELY different on another, due to frame, build, body shape and fat distribution.

I have put my goal weight at 13 stones 7- which would put my BMI at 24.9. I have entered that goal as I have not had a healthy BMI my entire adult life. I have got close before (I think at 14 st 4) and I was a size 14-16 which looked perfect for my height. People assumed I was a good 3 stones lighter, and about a size 12-14 so BMI really is tosh for me. So I too will re-assess my goals when I get anywhere near that weight.

BMI doesn't work for everyone. I read a while ago that BMI readings used to be higher and were fine, but were reduced after pressure from the government (or something - I can't really remember). Anyway, the bottom line is, don't worry about it and well done for losing weight.

I'm aiming for 13st first as I'll only be overweight then. I suspect I'll try to get to 12 (mid overweight) and hang there too. It's a lot less than 18st!

I set my first target at 14.5stone. My next target will be 12.5stone and ill see how I feel then. Ill still be classed as overweight but if I feel happy ill be happy. My fiancé doesnt want me to be skin and bones anyway haha

Back