My VLCD/5:2 Experiment

Day 2 of VLCD ahoy ... such fun. Think ketosis has already kicked in, has been much easier as I did a fast on the Thursday. Will definitely be doing that again! Snuck a peak at the scales on 19.0 this morning. I am such a scales slut ....

Day 2 of VLCD ahoy ... such fun. Think ketosis has already kicked in, has been much easier as I did a fast on the Thursday. Will definitely be doing that again! Snuck a peak at the scales on 19.0 this morning. I am such a scales slut ....

Ha ha! Well done JuJu.. You'll be in the 18s again by Monday... Yipee! keep up the good work xx

18.12 this morning - so everything I lose over the next 5 days is pure weight loss! Yay!

Argh - have been 18.11 for past two days! Driving me nuts. I think it's because my totm is due tomorrow - holding on to water I think. Not a good idea to do vlcd on the week running up to totm. It's a miracle there has been no murders in Cambridge the way I'm feeling! Will definitely be enjoying the next 5 weeks of 5:2 .... Feel like my body needs a break

Argh - have been 18.11 for past two days! Driving me nuts. I think it's because my totm is due tomorrow - holding on to water I think. Not a good idea to do vlcd on the week running up to totm. It's a miracle there has been no murders in Cambridge the way I'm feeling! Will definitely be enjoying the next 5 weeks of 5:2 .... Feel like my body needs a break

I know the feeling JuJu, been 17.13 for 10 days now , so hard to be motivated when the scales aren't moving! x

Just scraped in to the 18.10s today - amazingly slow! Praying Totm might start today and get the weight moving .... Oh well. Would be nice to be 18.9 as that would be a stone and a half gone. But only one day to go, thank The Lord!

Well weighed in this morning at 18.10 - please remind me not to do a vlcd week a week before my totm again! Hopefully it will go down a bit. Although I've lost 7lbs since I started, I'm only 2lbs below my lowest. Will try to get down to 18.7 by xmas using 5:2 or 4:3. Loved eating today though!!!

Yay. Got on the scales this morning and after one feast day and one fast day I've lost another pound so I'm down to 18.9 - officially 1 and a half stone gone!

Thought I'd wish everyone a very merry Xmas - as of Saturday morning I was 18.10, so pretty much staying stable - won't be by the end of this week though, the way I'm going!!

New year and I'm thinking of doing a longer stint of vlcd. I fancy losing a good couple of stone - get down to about 16.7 and then try to maintain for a bit. I feel in the right frame of mind for it, so should try and go with it I guess!

Hoping everyone has a great Xmas and here's to a skinnier 2014!!!

Well it all went a little bit off plan over the last few weeks. Xmas came and went and I've carried on eating ..... Just couldn't get back in the zone. But I've pulled myself together and I'm cracking on with a vlcd block to get me started. I weighed in a 19.9 this morning - a stone up on my pre-Xmas lowest. So I'm going to do vlcd until I get down to 17.7. I reckon it will take me about 6 weeks so we shall see! Not looking forward to the next few days but I know it will be worth it and I know I've found a maintainable method in 5:2 to keep it off. I'll let you know how I get on!

Mee too - gained a whole stone over Christmas! Could never face a vcld tho, so back to SW / alternate day fasting combo. Going ok so far, tho my weight has remained stuck for a week so hoping I'll see another drop on the scales soon!

How are you finding it so far? Hopefully bearable!

X

Trying again. I had gone back up to 20.3 as of Monday this week, but I'm back on the vlcd train - currently on day 4! This worked really well for me at the end of last year so I'm going to give it another shot. I might try making the vlcd blocks longer though, focusing on losing a set block of weight rather than time. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I have gained 1.5 stone since Christmas, so you're not alone!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Trying again. I had gone back up to 20.3 as of Monday this week, but I'm back on the vlcd train - currently on day 4! This worked really well for me at the end of last year so I'm going to give it another shot. I might try making the vlcd blocks longer though, focusing on losing a set block of weight rather than time. Wish me luck!

Hello stranger, how are you? How's the VLCD going? You know you can do it x

Look at you sparkly skinny Minnie! Vlcd being made very easy this week as I've got the most dreadful tonsillitis! Been at my parents' house so I've not been able to weigh so I'll see how I've done for the week tomorrow. I'm finding it quite easy at the moment because of the illness and I'm fully in ketosis so hopefully carry on losing a few more pounds before I do some 5:2 maintenance

Back