My weight loss diary on exante-70lb to lose!

Lh0723

Hi to anyone reading! :)I started to start writing a weight loss dairy to keep me motivated and so I can see my progress when I look back on it. I've been on the working solution of exante for 4 days now and my weight started at 193lb and I'm 5'6, all this weight was put on during pregnancy when I decided I could eat whatever I want :rolleyes: I want to get down to 123lb on this diet so I have a little room to put on whilst working out my maintence calories once I've finished on this diet.
I currently am having 1 exante shake and 1 exante meal/bar a day with one low carb meal e.g. fillet of cod and mushrooms and not eating more than 800 cals.
I added the meal over a shake as I'm breastfeeding my 8 month old so don't want to effect my milk supply:confused:
Day 1-3 went really well but today when out with a friend the only low cal meal was pasta so I didn't stick to low carb :oops::mad: very annoyed at the slip up and feel like I've cheated myself but I'm glad I've stuck to calories and am going to a gym class tonight to make up for it.
I've got a wedding and holiday at the end of may so am hoping to fit in a size 10 by then and lose my first 3 stone by that time which I hope is realistic!
If anyone else is on this diet feel free to comment so we can motivate each other!

Day 5
So last night I did well and managed to stay away from the pizza the rest of the family was having! Went to bed feeling pretty happy with myself.
Woke up this morning hungry (maybe made worse by the meal out yesterday) so I ended up having 3 meals and no shakes.
For breakfast I decided I'd try the exante maple syrup pancakes with 2 rashers of bacon (72 cal), was surprisingly nice really enjoyed it. For lunch I had a fillet of cod and some mushrooms with garlic butter and dinner was exante fajita mix which I added mushroom and onion too, that was also nice but don't think it would have filled me at all without veg. Days cals totalled at 839.
Tomorrow I'm going to try and have 2 shakes and 1 meal to make up the lack of them today :oops:
Keep wanting to weigh myself but I easily get obsessed with it so trying to go as long as I can before I do, will definitely be doing a 1 week weigh in on Sunday though!

Despite the good weigh in this morning for motivation I've really struggled today, old habits of eating for boredom are proving really hard to break so I've had a mental challenge today and am still trying my best to push past it. My idea of 2 shakes didn't go to plan, but did manage to have 1, I had an extra fillet of fish in replacement of the extra shake as it was going out of date today. Anyway here's what I've eaten
Breakfast- cherry and berries shake
Snack- mini chocolate brownie (50cal)
Lunch- 1 fillet sea bass, bacon and mushrooms
Dinner-1 fillet sea bass
Total cals- 816
So not bad, I'm a bit annoyed at myself for going over 800 the past 2 days but as it's not by much I'm not trying to worry about it too much.
It's going to be tough to avoid food for the rest of the night so I think I'll get an early night and drink lots of water, fingers crossed!

Day 7
So today wasn't such a good day. It started off well, I'd worked out what I was going to eat for the day determined to stick to it, which I managed...until I went to see my grandparents. It's always difficult avoiding food there as they always offer us a lot of food and historically we eat a lot there, it's what's expected of us. It's all food full of carbs and nothing particularly healthy. I ate lunch before and thought I'd be able to avoid eating there if I wasn't too hungry but I couldn't :(
So here's what I ate for the day...
Breakfast- 2 bacon and 2 eggs
Lunch- fillet of salmon with sweet chilli sauce
Snacks- 9 jaffacakes :oops:
Packet of hula hoops
10 pringles
Dinner- Thai curry with no rice
Total cals- 1408 :(:mad:
Once again angry at myself for the lack of self control I have. I was so determined not to go off track and I have done, it's like I just can't help myself, once I start 'cheating' I can't stop, which explains the 9 jaffacakes!
However from today I suppose one thing I've learnt is that just because I've slipped up it doesn't mean I have to make it a full blown cheat day, previous to this diet I would have lost (even more) control and eaten everything in sight which I'm sure would end up at 3000+ cals, but instead once I'd had my mini binge although tempted to continue I didn't.
I have decided I will do my official weigh in tomorrow morning despite going off track and will hope that I've continued to lose a good amount :confused:
Tomorrow I will stick to 800 or less

Day 9
Yesterday was awful food wise, I was on a family day out and we had a picnic at a zoo and a dinner out afterwards. I did leave meaning to stick to it with a salad and exantes white chocolate and raspberry cookie for food without being aware we were going to have dinner out after. I got hungry at lunch so started with the cookie and i found it disgusting :drunk: it was so salty I took one bite and couldn't eat anymore, won't be buying them again! After that I fell off track from being hungry, I won't go through everything I ate because I lost track but it was a lot over 800 calories I don't even want to estimate.
So today my plan is to have 3 meal replacements to total around 600 cal to make up for the awful weekend.
I did also weigh myself yesterday morning and found I'd gone up to 189lb :( I'm hoping some of that is water weight but I'll weigh myself Wednesday morning after a few strict days to see if my weight has sorted itself out.
Wouldn't life be easier if I was a hermit and just stayed in all the time, friends and family always seem to make plans revolving around food.

189lb

Stuck to my plan and had 3 meal replacements only!
Breakfast- pasta ham mushroom soup
Lunch- gooey chocolate pudding
Dinner- sweet and sour
Total cals- 615
Will probably try and do the same tomorrow if
I don't get too hungry! Feel so much better after a good day compared to a cheat day :)

Well done but how do you eat soup for breakfast?? Can you not manage 2 shakes and a bar or 3 shakes
I just felt like real food, as they all have the same amount of calories and nutrition figured it didn't matter whether I chose shakes, bars or hot food :)
I have been trying to have one shake a day but slipped up and don't think I could survive on just 3 shakes a day as I'd feel like I want real food!

Day 10
Today went fairly well, I would say I could have stuck to lower carb but at this point I'm more concerned about how many calories I'm consuming. What I've eaten today:
Breakfast-skipped
Lunch- exante pizza with bacon and 1 slice of cheese
Snack- iced bun
Dinner- exante sausages with onion and ketchup
Total cals- 816
I've come to the decision that as I'm still breastfeeding going anywhere up to 830 if I can't help it won't bother me as I've heard breastfeeding can burn lots of calories so a few extra won't hurt!
I'm not expecting tomorrow to be a good day as I'm going out for dinner for lunch (will try my best to chose the healthiest option) and I'm going to my dads and he's getting a takeaway for us all (will have as little as possible). There's always going to be some days where it's impossible to be 100% on the diet and I want to still be able to enjoy seeing people, as long as I make good choices and am straight back on it the next day I've accepted that sometimes you have to be a bit more relaxed!

Hi there I just popped in to say hi, ive actually ordered some exante meals online as I thought I would try it. This is the first time ive ordered any food online! I am going away the week after next so have just ordered the exante ready meals for 5 days. Im going to have a normal breakfast which is yogurt and fruit, lunch will be soup or tuna and rice and the meal will be the exante ready meal. By the way you are doing well as an average main meal alone is up to 800 calories. I just hope its not too low. Although I have seen others on the forum who do this so they must know what they are doing. I dont know much about meal replacement diets. Also if you know you are going have a take away or something. I usually try and have something small for breakfast. Sometimes its just a banana. On Christmas day I skip breakfast because of all the food lol! now and again doesnt hurt.

Hi there I just popped in to say hi, ive actually ordered some exante meals online as I thought I would try it. This is the first time ive ordered any food online! I am going away the week after next so have just ordered the exante ready meals for 5 days. Im going to have a normal breakfast which is yogurt and fruit, lunch will be soup or tuna and rice and the meal will be the exante ready meal. By the way you are doing well as an average main meal alone is up to 800 calories. I just hope its not too low. Although I have seen others on the forum who do this so they must know what they are doing. I dont know much about meal replacement diets. Also if you know you are going have a take away or something. I usually try and have something small for breakfast. Sometimes its just a banana. On Christmas day I skip breakfast because of all the food lol! now and again doesnt hurt.
Hello! Thank you for coming to say hi! :)
The beginning on this diet was the first time I'd ordered diet meals online too, before I have only ever done purely calorie controlled diets. Let me know what you think of the ones you try so if they're good I'll try them ones out! I was thinking that after a couple of weeks I may change it to a diet similar to the one your doing as I think it'll be easier for me to maintain as when I've been on super strict diets before I always come off the rails!haha
Oh wow I didn't know that, makes me feel better about how I am doing!:) While I'm feeling okay and not like I'm starving I think 800 will be fine, but obviously if I start to feel like it's not enough I will add on to them a bit, I want to feel better whilst on my diet not worse!:D
Thanks for the tip! Maybe I'll try to skip breakfast but if I get hungry have an orange.

No probs! Yeah ill let you know how I get on. I'm actually quite looking forward to it being delivered maybe its because its something new. I've also ordered a Slimfast milkshake powder on amazon it was only £6 although the reviews are mixed I'll give it a go (actually its just arrived as I post! ;-)). Luckily I only ordered one tub as others on there ordered a few and didn't like it so will have to see. I'm not going to order anything more for now ill have to see how it goes. I am going to Italy for 3 weeks the week after next so looking forward to that! Actually I said the others on here stick to 800 calories, I don't know if its true or not but I do know that some of them only have shakes for breakfast lunch and dinner which would be hard for me which I don't think I could do! I did notice however that the people on the calorie counting forums have a bit more than 800 calories more like 1,200 calories, so you could up it slightly. Like you said you don't want to feel worse. I'm not actually calorie counting but I have had some results despite having a few treats a long the way and I have been to the gym as well. Although not been to the gym since Monday though been feeling a bit ill with a cold. I don't work at the moment which makes going to the gym a bit easier, when I don't have a cold. Will be looking for a job when I get back from my holiday.

No probs! Yeah ill let you know how I get on. I'm actually quite looking forward to it being delivered maybe its because its something new. I've also ordered a Slimfast milkshake powder on amazon it was only £6 although the reviews are mixed I'll give it a go (actually its just arrived as I post! ;-)). Luckily I only ordered one tub as others on there ordered a few and didn't like it so will have to see. I'm not going to order anything more for now ill have to see how it goes. I am going to Italy for 3 weeks the week after next so looking forward to that! Actually I said the others on here stick to 800 calories, I don't know if its true or not but I do know that some of them only have shakes for breakfast lunch and dinner which would be hard for me which I don't think I could do! I did notice however that the people on the calorie counting forums have a bit more than 800 calories more like 1,200 calories, so you could up it slightly. Like you said you don't want to feel worse. I'm not actually calorie counting but I have had some results despite having a few treats a long the way and I have been to the gym as well. Although not been to the gym since Monday though been feeling a bit ill with a cold. I don't work at the moment which makes going to the gym a bit easier, when I don't have a cold. Will be looking for a job when I get back from my holiday.

I have found with this diet when I've had an off day (like today) I actually look forward to going back on it the next day which is a change! £6 is pretty good! I was wondering if after I've got through my exante products if it would be easier to go to something like slim fast actually, I don't know if there's much of a price difference?
That's sounds nice have a great time! That's funny as I'm going to Italy in may, but only for a week so not as lucky as you! :)
On the website it says the total solution diet is 3 shakes like you say and that would only come to around 600 cals :eek: couldn't do that myself! Need to feel like I'm still eating food. I have lost weight fairly quickly eating 1200 calories before so when I've settled into the diet I might slowly up the calories to that. I need to be going to the gym really, I've got a membership but have been slacking:oops: finding it hard to find someone to look after my son at times I want to go. Monday was only a couple of days ago it sounds like you're doing well!

Oh wow where abouts are you going in Italy? I found someone else on here who is also going to Italy! (I Cant remember her username) but shes going to the same place as me. I'm going to Bologna. I'm going on my own and on a language holiday. Ive never flown on my own so am a bit excited. I also coincidentally have a school friend who lives near Bologna she said she would show me around.

Actually Slimfast is quite expensive too at least some of their packs are. Also the meal choices are only noodles. The shake however were cheaper at least the one I ordered but ill have to see how long it lasts. The shake was nice I had one glass for a snack. I might use rice milk or soy milk though as I feel milk it can be a bit much as I have quite a few teas and coffees. Yeah thanks I am losing a pound a week.

With the shake diet I could probably do it for a week but I'll have to read up on it if I decide to do it. I have a few meals quite often with friends or I have a coffee now and again so I wouldnt like to commit myself for too long. It does require will power!

Oh wow where abouts are you going in Italy? I found someone else on here who is also going to Italy! (I Cant remember her username) but shes going to the same place as me. I'm going to Bologna. I'm going on my own and on a language holiday. Ive never flown on my own so am a bit excited. I also coincidentally have a school friend who lives near Bologna she said she would show me around.

Actually Slimfast is quite expensive too at least some of their packs are. Also the meal choices are only noodles. The shake however were cheaper at least the one I ordered but ill have to see how long it lasts. The shake was nice I had one glass for a snack. I might use rice milk or soy milk though as I feel milk it can be a bit much as I have quite a few teas and coffees. Yeah thanks I am losing a pound a week.

With the shake diet I could probably do it for a week but I'll have to read up on it if I decide to do it. I have a few meals quite often with friends or I have a coffee now and again so I wouldnt like to commit myself for too long. It does require will power!

I'm travelling around it a little bit with my sister and son, going to Rome, Florence and Naples each for 2-3 days. Seems to be where everyone is going, my friends also going to Naples in may funny that everyone's chosen italy!haha that sounds great I'd love to learn another language but have always been awful at remembering them!
I suppose it's quite hard to compare prices when exante do singular packs. I've got about 2 months worth of exante shakes and meals so I've got a while to decide what I want to do, may go back to the usual calorie counting once it's all gone. 1 pound a week is great well done, I'm not sure how much I've lost so far as I've decided I'm waiting until Sunday to weigh myself again to make up for yesterday but I know after the first 2 weeks weight loss slows down a lot.
It would require lots of will power! I also have meals quite often with friends and this time of year there's 3 family birthdays which means meals out so I don't think I could do it with no breaks!

Day 12
Today was just an ordinary day, had no plans so just went for a short walk and as I wasn't meeting anyone for food/drink was fairly easy to stay on track.
Breakfast- coconut shake
Lunch- gooey salted caramel pudding (didn't finish as didn't enjoy it at all)
Dinner- breakfast eggs with one added egg and bacon
Total cals- 806
Don't know what to do with the rest of the caramel puddings, got a box of 7 but don't think I can bring myself to have anymore of them! Found they had a strange artificial taste to them and I didn't like the saltiness, will stick to chocolate ones in future!
Hoping I'll have no more off days until Mother's Day- even then its salad and beef stew for our family lunch so won't be too bad although won't be calorie counting.

Thats good your going to Rome and Florence. Nice architecture and art! Just watch your handbag though. A few thieves in Rome. Always keep your reciept when eating out in cafes or when dining. You have to show your reciept at the end to pay even just for a drink. Actually Italian is the third most used language in the European union. The words are quite easy but its not easy to remember the grammar structure.

Well my exante meals arrived but I didn't realise that they were just going to be sachets! I thought they were going to be actual ready meals. It doesn't even give instructions so I'm guessing you add boiling water. Luckily I only ordered 5 but wont be doing it again as its just easier to go the supermarket and see what your buying, or even Holland and Barrett. I think the Slimfast shake is ok but I have to use a whisk as its not nice without doing that.

I will have to use the exante sachets for lunch or maybe the odd meal if I could stick to it. I did feel a bit stupid lol

Sorry I went off my diet a bit and now have been back on it for one day and am ready to get on with it! I weighed myself this morning and I'm 188lb so I'm glad I didn't put all the weight back on.
Yesterday I had-
Breakfast- banana shake
Lunch- quavers
Dinner- exante fajitas with a chicken breast
Total calories- 786

Thats good your going to Rome and Florence. Nice architecture and art! Just watch your handbag though. A few thieves in Rome. Always keep your reciept when eating out in cafes or when dining. You have to show your reciept at the end to pay even just for a drink. Actually Italian is the third most used language in the European union. The words are quite easy but its not easy to remember the grammar structure.

Well my exante meals arrived but I didn't realise that they were just going to be sachets! I thought they were going to be actual ready meals. It doesn't even give instructions so I'm guessing you add boiling water. Luckily I only ordered 5 but wont be doing it again as its just easier to go the supermarket and see what your buying, or even Holland and Barrett. I think the Slimfast shake is ok but I have to use a whisk as its not nice without doing that.

I will have to use the exante sachets for lunch or maybe the odd meal if I could stick to it. I did feel a bit stupid lol

Sorry I haven't been on here on a few days.
I didn't realise that when I first ordered it either, hope you worked out how to make them up? I found some instructions in tiny writing on the packs. How did you find the ones you've tried?
I might have a look in holland and Barrett when I've got through these actually, see if they have anything that looks nice :)

Back