NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Well those 7 ryvita did not help for my 2 lbs. Let`s try again

hexa 175ml skim milk
hexb 2 wh bread

Breakfast 2 eggs in frylight on half tin beans. Plus 1 bread (2 1/2 syns)

Mid morning 2 coffee wirh brother - take out of allowance when home (done)

Lunch Ham sandwich with little mayo (5 syns for bread 1/2 for mayo))
And 1/2 tin cold beans from fridge Banana few grapes & diet coke

Snack. coffee 100g rhubarb cooked (1/2syn) & 100ml sains yog (1syn)

Dinner 1/2 chicken. Not very big when cooked so had 1/2.
300g spuds roasted and parsnip in frylight cauli broccoli
Made gravy with chicken oxo cube water & 1sp bisto powder(1 syn)
Will have fruit or something later - ryvita all gone.

10 1/2 so far. Plan is not to have anymore. It is nearly 7pm. Maybe some pineapple if I have to have something else.

OMG that was really lovely. Full. Only used half grave sowill have the rest tomorrow for free!

Bought Sainbury Basics yogurt today - turns out to be 5syns for 500ml. So will have to count that too!!
But on a positive note also went to Aldi and there fruit was very reasonable.

By the way 300g spud was plenty.

Last edited:
SUNDAY 26TH MAY

Hardest day of the week. Always find Sunday hard. May do some more in the garden. That usually makes the time go also must do a walk today. Just one mile. Also my friend & neighbour is away for a week. Missing her already. Grandkids coming Tuesday so that should help.

DIARY FOR TODAY

Hexa 150ml milk + 150ml + 100
Hexb 2 wholemeal bread

Breakfast::- 1 bacon trimmed. 4 tomatoes grilled. 2 eggs tsp oil (1) 1 LChoice Sausage
(1/2) h/e bread + an extra sliice (2.1/2 syns.) Coffee x 2.

SYNS Oil 1. sausage 1/2 bread 2 1/2 Total 4

Lunch::- 2 rashers bacon cooked in the fry pan (all fat off) then adding a tin of bean. Followed by banana grapes ---No yogurt

SNACK peach diet cola

Dinner::- Roast chicken left from yesterday. cauli brocolli. 300g roast spud, 1 roast parsnip and 1/2 large carrot roasted too. ALL FREE! (1syn for the gravy.) TOTAL 1 syn

Will have fruit and mullerlight later I had banana and grapes.

TOTAL SYNS FOR THE DAY 5 Now that is what I call a good day. Just a coffee before bed now

Last edited:
:wavey:Thank you. Glad you found me. Any questions don`t hesitate to ask. :)

Morning Doreen, happy Monday to ya :) are ya looking forward to your grandkids tomorrow? how old are they?

Just out of interest why do you think Sundays are so hard for you? I think if you can work that out you may be better placed to make some changes or at least develop strategies to cope.

Morning Doreen, happy Monday to ya :) are ya looking forward to your grandkids tomorrow? how old are they?

Just out of interest why do you think Sundays are so hard for you? I think if you can work that out you may be better placed to make some changes or at least develop strategies to cope.

My Grandson Flynn is 4 1/2 and Faye is 8 1/2. Am really looking forward to seeing them tomorrow. They live 1 hours drive away since October, used to be 2 miles away. It is the petrol that is a problem at least £20.00. Hard on a pension. Not sure how long they will be here. Mum is not working at present due to health. The children will catch up with some school friends which is lovely cause they all miss each other and they are both very popular children. I will spend some time with them in between. They will both start by sleeping in my bed with me in the middle cause they both want to sleep next to me :family2:. Flynn will go in with mum once he is asleep & come back tome when he wakes up. It is soooo lovely. Can`t wait. I love them such a lot.:happy036: Thanks for asking

As for Sunday -all the husbands are home Sunday and it feels a bit lonely. So I eat! I was pretty good yesterday. I did go and visit my brother & his wife so that broke the day up nicely. It turned out not to be so bad. So yes I will have to sort out something to help.

MONDAY 27TH MAY (BANK HOLIDAY)

hexa 150ml 1/2 of h/e
hexa 30g philly lite
hexab no surprises here 2 wholemeal bread.

9am Breakfast.
2 bacon trimmed F
2 eggs in fryight F
1 large tomato F SF
Mushrooms SF
2 bread h/e
1 bread (2.1/2 syns) (I do like my 3 bread)

Lunch about 1.30
200g Jacket spud F
2 slices Ham F
Large tomato SF
Gherkin SF
Pickled Onion SF
Sweetcorn F
Baby beets
Low philli h/e as above

Dinner
Beef casserole F
With onions & lots carrot SF
300g boiled spud F
Brocolli SF
Gravy thickener 10g bisto (1syn)

Evening 8pm 3 pieces fruit 300g Sains basic yog (3 syns)

TOTAL 6.1/2 SYNS. Trying not to have anything else. Not hungry & have to get up early as builders arriving 7.30am. Just a coffee & diet lemonade for during the night. No more syns.
BUT I DID I ate a whole pot of sainsbury basic yog with my fruit 5 SYNS!!!

so 11.1/2. Still within syns but why eat a whole pot. Really made me full up so did not need it. Would not have been so bad it it had been free.

Last edited:
Right plan for TUESDAY.

I know the grandkids will have nugget & chips & lots tomato sauce for dinner.
Probably 1/2 tin baked beans & fried eggs for breakfast best have some mush for a bit of SF
Lunch jacket spud(s) and no leaf salad with mayo. ie toms gherkin baby beets onion (4 SF) sweetcorn

I have some Sainsbury 1 syn burgers in the freezer, could have them with slimming world chips toms & mush
gherkin will go nice and piccalilli. Yea thah sounds ok. Have lots of fruit forsnacks & mullerlite.

Thank you both. Builder came but too much rain to start wall. They are going to come back at 7.30am tomorrow with somw tarpaulins (get up early again) Mind you grandkids will probable wake me anyway. Ahhh!

Hi Doreen
Did the builders arrive today?
Are you still having fun with your grand kids?
Hope your diet is going ok x

Morning. Thursday Yes the builders arrived and did a good job. The grandkids were here for 2 days and it was lovely. They left about 7pm Wed. The younger one cried and of coursr I spent the evening up and down. I do miss them so much. Can`t get used to them being so far away. But it was great to see them.

However the food went to pot. Pinching chips, sweets, nuggets too much bread. etc etc. No diary on here. Was still upset this morning so went to club to visit my old class and gad coffee. They were great.

Getting weighed tomorrow morning so gere goes for today.

No breakfast

hexa 350ml skim milk
hexa 5 scan bran

LUNCH.
Chicken S
Brocolli SF S
Rice F
2 tbs sweet chilli sauce 3 syns
Banana SF
Love this all mixed together & chilli sauce makes it taste naughty:)

Probably have some scan bran and banana later/ I actually had the 5 scan bran with mullerlight & kiwi fruit. then ate 3 small nectarines.

Dinner will be
1/4 chicken F S
Roast Corgette, onion, butternut squash, pepper, tomato and carrot probably with rosemary sprinkled. All SF S.. Have added some roast potato too. Smells lovely.

WOW that was really great. Loads superfree too.

Probably have mullerlight later with a banana. If still fancy something.

Hope the weigh in goes ok Friday.

3 syns

Last edited:
Aw, big hug Doreen - I hope you're feeling a bit brighter now.
When will you see your grand kids next?

Don't worry about not sticking to plan, special times aren't for dieting!
Menu looks good for today x

Thanks Mandy. I usually go up to Haverhill on a Wednesday and come home thurs. Pick them up from school at different times, swimming lessons then Frankie & Bennies once a month. Play etc,
My son gives me the petrol money cause it £20 minimum & I can`t afford it. But daughter-in-law off work at present so I don`t get up there. Hopefully she will be back to work soon. They are so busy weekends and it is not easy to visit. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. They usually come down in school holidays or if friends have party or something.

OMG I do go on. I could write a book. Anyway thanks for asking.

Hi thanks for sharing your diary. I had a tomato and herb mug shot for first time today and it was lovely and its fab that they are free too hurrah! x

Back