NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

I had my first attempt recently and they were lovely, other half loved his and my 8 yr old loved hers too, although hers was a little adapted.

1 450g pack lean steak mince, 1 finely chopped onion, 1 crushed and chopped garlic clove, few splashes of worcester sauce, 1 egg. Mush it all up with your hands and shape into burgers. I made 4 quite big ones but you could probably make 6 mid sized ones. Then fried slowly in a non stick pan with spray oil. I do them slowly because I don't like any pink in the middle, and my daughters was as above without the onion and garlic. I had mine in a wholemeal bun (healthy extra) with a slice of bacon, my healthy extra cheese, and a splodge of salsa (1/2 syn for 2 tablespoons but I only used 1)

Will give them a try thank you, it would save some syns :)

Morning Doreen

What are you up to today?
I like the idea of rose cuttings, I'm going to check out my friends garden. Do you literally just cut a stick and put it in the ground?

Be good x

Morning Doreen

What are you up to today?
I like the idea of rose cuttings, I'm going to check out my friends garden. Do you literally just cut a stick and put it in the ground?

Morning.

Been shopping for my fruit & veg etc. A bit of housework then a walk to the local garden centre for tea with my friend.

Be good x

Morning, been shopping this morning and just put it away.

Roses. Just cut a length of the stem, quite a firm piece, then put it in the ground or a pot and firm it in.
That`s all I do and it nearly always works.
Good luck

Update to Sunday dairy. Spent so long looking at food diaries went to be late and ended up eating more.

Had not had all my milk allowance, in fact only half of it, so decided to have some philli light on 5 scan bran. yea 5 just before bed. I wasn`t hungry and even tho did not go over syns don`t know why I had them.
So Sunday was 15syns.

MONDAY 3RD JUNE. MY GRANDSON IN NW ZEALAND IS 8 TODAY.
:birthday:

Last edited:
Dairy now

MONDAY 3RD JUNE

Hexa 350ml skimmed milk
hexb 2 wholemeal bread

Breakfast (about 12.15) So brunch

2 eggs in frylight
3 toms grilled
mushrooms
2 bacon trimmed
1 xtra bread (2.1/2 syns)
1 light sausage 1/2

Total so far 3syns

Will edit later for the rest of the day, not decided yet.

Dinner (changed my mind so often but here goes)

4 LC sausages (2 syns). Saving one to munch on later.
300g boiled spud
onion, spring greens, carrots, cauli
oxo
10g bisto for gravy (1syn)
Total for meal 3 syns

Total for the day so far 6 syns.

Hopefully if I need anything else I will stick to 1 banana & yogurt

2 bananas mullerlight 6 crab sticks.

(again not hungry just wanted to eat.) Did manage to stop at 6 crab sticks instead of the pkt

Last edited:
Just edited it. My grandson is 8. As I typed the date in I remembered.

Aw - happy birthday to your grandson x

AH thank you. Wish I could have been there with him. I have never been able to share their birthdays. Actually it`s gone now as it is 4am in the morning 4th June.;)

Hey, at least you have grandkids - I wasn't fortunate enough to have children :(

You are right Mandy. I am very fortunate as I had 3 boys and now have 7 grandkids, 2 girls 5 boys. They range in age from 4 to 22.

Sorry you did not have any kids, they can be a pain, but really they are a comfort too

I think in life we just have to take the cards we are dealt and do the best we can with them, think of what you have been lucky with and focus on that rather than the negative.

Hope you have a good day Doreen

TUESDAY 4TH JUNE

:confused: Tut, jumped on the scales when I got up and the weight seems to be going up. Am I eating too much.
Gonna watch the syns for the rest of the week and the quantities I am eating. Some of this stuff may be superfree but there must be a limit to what you can put in that tummy.
Apart from the walk around the block later it will be a day of rest. Moved some plants yesterday - one step too far me thinks after the stuff I did over the weekend as I really hurt when walking last night. Went the shorter way.

hexa 200ml skimmed milk. Reweigh from yesterday did not use much.20g philli cheese
hexb 2 wholemeal bread.

BREAKFAST

2 eggs in frylight, 1 bacon 2 tomatoes
h/e bread -------- no extra bread.
coffee.

LUNCH.
2 slices ham. 2 boiled eggs. 6 crab sticks
Tomato, beetroot, pickled onion. sweetcorn.

CHANGED LUNCH
3scan with banana and 2 with 20g phili cheese. 1Pear, coffee
5 SYNS

Dinner

1.1/2 loin pork chops. 150g.
Spring greens and brocolli. little cauli I have left
250g boiled potato (no more)
onion gravy

No bisto in the gravy just oxo & cook a little longer hoping it will thicken.

Gosh just putting this down here is making me feel hungry. Shower & coffee first then breakfast.
Not sure whether to have any scan bran which of course will add syns. Mmm but will want something in the evening. Suppose could make that scan bran cake that would be 5 1/2 syns tho. Will see later. Not sure. ..................Had them for lunch.

5 SYNS SO FAR Just a yogurt & pear after dinner. Definately won`t have anything else except a coffee.

I did, I had a chocolate options in a mullerlite -not worth the 2 syns tho nice

7 SYNS FOR THE DAY

Last edited:
Morning!
I wouldn't worry too much, I know when I've done a lot of exercise I seem to gain at first, then it all drops off the following week, so hopefully that will happen to you.
I know sometimes when I look at the calorie value of the 'free' foods, I wonder how it can possibly work, but generally speaking it does.
Have a lovely easy day x

Thanks Mandy, it`s always good to know what others think. Have decided to have a look to around for a gas oven. Then have a coffee.

I think in life we just have to take the cards we are dealt and do the best we can with them, think of what you have been lucky with and focus on that rather than the negative.

Hope you have a good day Doreen

I agree with that but I was not being negative, I am happy for my son and his NZ wife, they have a good life down there. I know there are a lot of people in the same position as me but it would be nice to spend more time with them, birthdays or otherwise. I just feel a bit sad sometimes.

You're bound to! We all miss the people we love when they're not around, family or otherwise.
Did you find a new oven yesterday?
I'm still really looking forward to the meeting - I hope the consultant is as nice as I've been told.

You're bound to! We all miss the people we love when they're not around, family or otherwise.
Did you find a new oven yesterday?
I'm still really looking forward to the meeting - I hope the consultant is as nice as I've been told.

Morning. I didn`t find an oven unfortunately. Went to what I thought was Currys turned out to be a discount place. They were cheaper according to them but it was buy as seen and some of them were chipped, some had tape marks on them. So decided to have a look on line later to check the prices. I want a gas cooker with high level grill and there are not many of those around.

Good luck with your meeting Mandy. The consultant makes such a difference. So of course the other members.
Look forward to hearing how you get on

It's natural to miss those we love, I know here in particular I feel guilty because we can't get down to my husbands family often, it's 400 miles away so can't be done too often. They are wonderful people too.

I have sent you a private message Doreen, thought I'd mention it incase you are like me and never notice you have any!

WEDNESDAY 5TH JUNE.

Have had a busy day cause took my car to get an estimate for a repair "then sat busily talking to my brother drinking coffee"

hexa 200ml milk + 20g philly light
hexb 3 scan bran. May change to syns later if want toast this evening.

BREAKFAST

3 scan bran crushed into strawberry mulerlight & a pear.

LUNCH
Was out - just coffee

DINNER - Can smell it cooking

chicken
20g philly cheese hexa Put in chicken
potatoes, parsnip & sweet potato made into sw chips
brocolli.
Not had cheese in chicken before, Hope I like it.

Sliced pear or 2 into nat fat free yogourt.

May have ham sarni later, in fact I am so hungry I expect I will

Back