Nearly completed Phase 1 - wondering how people are finding Phase 2?

And she's back again. Right bad news out of the way. I'm back up to 15st 2lbs. So 14 of the 16lbs I'd lost back on. But.... I have finally kicked the cigs - 2 weeks now. So now I feel ready to tackle the weight again.

So no pressure on myself. I will probably sneakily weigh in throughout this week, but I won't post whatever loss I have until Saturday morning. Food today though....

Day One
=======

Breakfast:
Total full fat yoghurt with some mixed seeds.

Lunch:
2 pan fried salmon steaks, 50g brown rice, loads of salad leaves.

Tea:
4 slices of ham.
Large chicken/lamb shish kebab with a double portion of salad.

Day Two
=======

Wooo, good start after first day. Just need to get my phase 1 mojo back now.

Breakfast:
Onken full fat yoghurt and mixed seeds.

Early lunch:
4 rashers of grilled back bacon and two scrambled egg.

Dinner:
2 minced beef red peppers with 50g rice.

Last edited:
Day Three
========

Breakfast:
Total yoghurt plus seeds

Lunch:
2 pan fried salmon steaks, 50g brown rice, lots of salad leaves.

Tea:
4 rashers grilled back bacon.
A sort of Thai chicken curried stir fry concoction. Chicken cubes, green beans, pepper slices (green, red, yellow), some coconut milk, turmeric, mild chilli, salt, lemongrass, ginger, lime juice, olive oil. (just waiting for it to cool, but the juice tasted nice and the beans are still country - so hopefully all the goodness won't be cooked out of them)

Last edited:
Day Four
=======

Breakfast:
Total yoghurt plus mixed seeds.

Lunch:
2 pan fried salmon, 50g brown rice, 200g bag of salad leaves.

Dinner:
Diced chicken, frozen mixed veg, olive oil, half can chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, spices - a sort of curry dish. A bit hot perhaps, but really nice.

Oops, it went a bit awol yesterday evening as Olympic Fever hit the Pinkie household. Proud to be British and a Londoner.....

Anyhoo..... Weigh in this morning, showed me at 14st 8lbs. Which means I've lost 8lbs since Monday, not a bad effort, considering my wee bit of naughtiness last night.

So I intend to continue with phase 1 through till the end of Wednesday. I still need to formulate a plan for my Silverstone trip. Last year I did free and superfree SW food there but drank lots. Therefore maybe I'll either phase 1 + alcofrol, or phase 2 + alcofrol. It's working out what's practical really, given what I'll be up to and when I can cook etc.

So, today's food....

Breakfast:
Total yoghurt plus mixed seeds.

Right I'm back. I've put on a ton of weight what with hols and stopping smoking, but I'm trying again as of today.

Starting weight 15st 10lbs (eek!).

Breakfast:
4 rashers of bacon and 2 scrambled eggs.

Lunch:
Greek total yoghurt plus seeds.

Tea:
Mixed chicken shish kebab with salad (no bread).

Herbal tea and water throughout the day.

Hello

I came across your thread on a google search for the Harcombe diet which I read about in a magazine here in Canada. I find your journey very inpiring. I just started phase 1 yesterday. My biggest craving are my earl grey tea with sugar and diet coke...Staying away from these are a huge challenge for me. How do you cope. It seems your challenge is with your wine. (not to say i don't love my red wine, but it is not the necessity that tea and diet coke are for me)

Good luck Pinky and Pinkie!!

You were doing incredibly well on THD phase 1 and your losses were great :) how you doing now?

Gonna give this another bash I think. Quite possibly a Monday start but I'll see if I'm good to go tomorrow am.

My only real concern is breakfast atm. I am right off scrambled egg atm, so maybe NLY with a small sprinkle of seeds in. I did that before quite successfully.

I will weigh myself in the morning, but I warn you all it will be utterly horrific!

Gonna give this another bash I think. Quite possibly a Monday start but I'll see if I'm good to go tomorrow am.

My only real concern is breakfast atm. I am right off scrambled egg atm, so maybe NLY with a small sprinkle of seeds in. I did that before quite successfully.

I will weigh myself in the morning, but I warn you all it will be utterly horrific!

I don't so great with cooked breakfasts either. You can have porridge in place of the rice allowance in p1 if you find that easier? How was your go at it last time? Haven't seen your diary yet and am going out shortly so can't catch up till later x

I don't so great with cooked breakfasts either. You can have porridge in place of the rice allowance in p1 if you find that easier? How was your go at it last time? Haven't seen your diary yet and am going out shortly so can't catch up till later x

Hiya and thanks for posting. I got some NLY for now. Hopefully that will work. I lost 8lbs in phase 1 (5 days) last time. I'd be very chuffed if mimicked that this time round. But mostly I'd be happy just to take the kick up the arse :)

Hiya and thanks for posting. I got some NLY for now. Hopefully that will work. I lost 8lbs in phase 1 (5 days) last time. I'd be very chuffed if mimicked that this time round. But mostly I'd be happy just to take the kick up the arse :)

You should do ok! Just be careful with the yoghurt in case you have a dairy intolerance :) fingers crossed. Have you started now? X

Hiya. Yes I started today. Though due to being busy I didn't have breakfast. has gorgeous lunch though (pan fried salmon, courgettes and spinach). Probably something chickeny with veg and brown rice for tea. Keeping busy at home with tidying etc so feel quite confident about day one.

What phase are you on?

hello,

i'm ging to be starting phase 1 for the first time tomorrow too! I'm really excited but nervous!

it would be nice to support each other along the way xxx

hello,

i'm ging to be starting phase 1 for the first time tomorrow too! I'm really excited but nervous!

Hey schnoodle. Well good luck for tomorrow. The very first time I did phase one (this will be my third time now I think) - I found it really hard. But on the second attempt it was fine. So if it does get hard please don't become despondent - it really does get easier and better!

Right, so my food today:

Breakfast: skipped as I say - not something I normally do though.
Lunch: 2 salmon steaks, 2 courgettes and some spinach all pan fried in olive oil.
Afternoon snack: 225gm NLY and a small sprinkle of seeds.
Dinner: 50g brown rice, 2 chicken thigh fillets, 2 onions, shredded and diced cabbage, chopped leek, spices, about 100ml of coconut milk served with more spinach. - was bloody gorgeous actually!

So that's it for today - I've been topping up a bottle of water and drinking that. Despite having skipped breakfast I haven't felt hungry at all - probably as I've had lots of protein. I made a point of buying chicken thigh fillets rather than breast fillets, as I wanted to have as much flavour as possible. Not sure I actually noticed once I'd added all the other ingredients in tonights meal, but it was lovely nevertheless, and definitely very tasty. All that said I did have the yoghurt - so maybe that's a misplaced breakfast lol

Anyway, good evening to you all!

I'm going to finish watching Mr Selfridge on ITV and then hit the sack.

xx

Last edited:
I'm going to pop to the shops when I'm up this morning to get supplies. I'm thinking today's menu will be

Breakfast- bacon and poached eggs

Lunch- pan fried salmon with salad leaves and spinach

Dinner-peppers stuffed with chicken and brown rice and veg

Some total natural live yoghurt if I need it!

Also need to get decaf tea xx

Hiya. Yes I started today. Though due to being busy I didn't have breakfast. has gorgeous lunch though (pan fried salmon, courgettes and spinach). Probably something chickeny with veg and brown rice for tea. Keeping busy at home with tidying etc so feel quite confident about day one.

What phase are you on?

Mmm lunch sounds lovely! I am half between p1 and p2 generally. Have porridge and oat milk for breakfast then the rest is p2 fat meals :) although weekends social functions I take off plan although I am working on getting better at that! Didnt raid the chocolate as much this week! Hard after lots of wine lol

hello,

Good luck schnoodle! Have you done this plan before? I really enjoy it x

Back