Nelle's Atkins for Life

Morning Jim. Yes we're planning a holiday to Mallorca. I need some sun and warmth and Mallorca is easy to get to from here, and cheap on Ryanair. Now we just have to find somewhere to stay!

I've had a better few days food wise and have finally shed the two pounds gained after going whole hog on Atkins. I've decided to put Atkins on hold while I go back on Cambridge for long enough to shed a stone, to relieve the pressure on my knees. I'm feeling really constrained by my inability to walk. Yesterday I took the dogs out to the field and threw balls for them because I didn't dare to do the 1 1/2 hour cross country walk we normally do. Not sure what today will bring.

Yesterday:

B: Cambridge porridge
L: Cambridge shake
S: Mim
D: bacon & eggs
S: spoonful of peanut butter
W: lots
A: none

When I first signed on here I got carried away with all the recipes and things I could eat on Atkins. But I have learned (again) that I cannot eat without regard to calories. I simply don't lose unless I keep calories under about 1400 no matter how low my carb intake. Absorb the lesson and carry on...

Morning Nelle, I hear you on the shakes.

do you fly from gatwick then? that would be the closest I think.

No we can fly from Bournemouth on Ryanair. Tickets seem ridiculously cheap at first, but after adding bags at £30 per ticket, then administration charges (can't remember how much these are), then booking fees of £6 per ticket the cost doubles. But still the cheapest place to go for an Easter holiday break. We love the northwest coast of Mallorca, the Sollar Valley. In spring the orange blossoms are in bloom and the sweet scent infuses the air. Lovely!

Foodwise, I'm cold but hunkered down by the fire. Have had 3 cambridge sachets so far today, plus lots of tea. Weighed in at 15.1 stones by Cambridge consultant at noontime. Hoping to shed 5 lbs this week. My knees already feel somewhat better, and I did walk for about an hour this afternoon, but not energetically. Hoping for a warmer day tomorrow.

Hi nellie, hope the cambridge diet works for you and atkins will be here when you are ready

Evening Nellie... Bless you and your knees!! It's so horrible to have to deal with the pain and the feeling of disability... I was there suffering a year ago!! And my knees are what's keeping me focused now! I didn't have your strength of character though so couldn't face doing a VLCD... Good luck ! Xx

Evening all.

Katie I was so inspired after reading your Atkins diary that I thought I could be like you and cruise through it. NOT! You are so active and energetic and always moving, which i think helps immensely. I do think Atkins is the way forward for me, for the long term. I know I can never (nor do I want to) go back to eating heavy carbs again.

Di, I haven't finished reading your diary yet--I've read from back to front--but I am really impressed that you hung in there after stalling for weeks. You have done amazingly well and look great! Do you have arthritis in your knees?

You all are the strong ones! I'm merely desperate LOL!

Morning Nelle, ah Ryanair, remember to take a pound coin for the loo. LOL :D

Hi Nellie, just to be clear - the energy came from not eating carbs. So stick with it :D. I found that i got ancy and just HAD to go do something - long gone the carb days when i had to drag myself out and felt like c**p afterwards too!

Have a great day:D

Good morning all.

Thanks, Katie. I hear you on the energy!

Progress! Shed 1 1/2 lbs in the past two days. I carry all my weight in my legs, and even these few pounds have made a difference. My knees are noticeably more flexible and moving more easily.

B L D S: Cambridge sachets plus one mim, which helped me to feel full.

I'm still Atkins at heart!

Morning Nelle, good on those pounds love, keep it up

Back