New Challenge: 10,000 steps a day

Will be restarting this tomorrow 2nd January.

My battery died, so I'll restart tomorrow xx

Hokie cokie!

Going to get a pedometer tomorrow & then join you. Never used one before so have no idea how many steps I walk normally.

I'll put today's steps on in the morning - have left my pedometer upstairs. Susie, you need to aim for 10.00 steps a day. I have long walks to and from the train station on work days and also try to get some walking in at lunchtime. Did 9 thousand and a bit today.

Just ordered one on line. Needs to be a pocket one as I wont be able to wear it with my uniform. Will take about 4 days to get here though. 10,000 sounds a lot. Walk most of the time during the day so we shall see how close I come to that on a normal working day. Will have to take the dog for walks.

Lynne
2014 Day 1 - 9131 steps

I'm going to wait until Susie gets hers and start day 1 then. It'll be good to have a group of us doing this. Until then I'll try for 10,000 steps plus a day anyway.

OK. I'll wait for Susie too. It will be much better if a group of us do it together.

Fab xx

Great challenge idea Lynne! *goes off to order a pedometer*

Hi SM. I think it's good because it encourages you to put extra exercise into everyday activities.

Recieved email that its been despatched so should be here in the next few days. No backing out now lol

I'm def starting this on Monday, done it before for a work fitness challenge & it def makes you think about doing more exercise!! X

Welcome Vonnie. I find it helps.

Hi everyone. Just to let you know the pedometer had arrived & all set up ready to go x

Right, starting tomorrow!

susie
2014 Day 1 -
10,484 steps

I'll put mine on in the morning. Have left my pedometer upstairs,

Not got time to read or post anywhere else, but wanted to note steps for yesterday. Well done Susie xx

susie
2014 Day 1 -
10,484 steps

Giggles
2014 Day 1 - 10,253 steps

Back