New decade diary

thechaplingirl

Hi everyone,
I turned 30 a week and a half ago and i’ve decided i’m not going through my thirty’s being a weight that effects my life anymore. I’m a really outgoing and fun person but my body has started to make everything so difficult. Every time I go out i’m sweating and am finding it so difficult to stand or walk for more than like 5 mins. I’m not going to go on but basically I have a lovely life that I want to enjoy but I’m unable to a lot of the time. I’ve had 2 weeks of Exante “food” delivered this morning and today is the day I start a fresh! My plan to to keep Exante up as long as possible to start the process of losing the pounds and then gradually start introducing proper food back in to my diet.

I don’t know if anyone will read this but I need somewhere to get my feelings out because I don’t want to tell my family and friends about it as they’ll say it’s extreme and will want to talk me out of it.

So far today i’ve had the golden syrup porridge, it looked looked like a shake in a bowl with a few oats in it but it tasted really really nice. I’m gonna have a soup at about half 3 and then the spag bol around 7.30pm.

If anyone has got any advice or can show off how much they’ve lost so far to keep me motivated i’d really appreciate it.

xxx

Welcome, CG! Good luck!

Hello and welcome 😊

My weight ticker shows my progress......hopefully a bit of motivation for you ☺️

My biggest piece of advice? Once you start, keep going.........the first few days are tough, no getting away from that. But stopping and starting, adding ‘extras’ and not following the plan exactly just prolongs the agony! Trust me, I should know 🙄

The support here is great, so use it to keep you motivated. Every best wish on your journey ☺️

Hello and welcome 😊

My weight ticker shows my progress......hopefully a bit of motivation for you ☺️

My biggest piece of advice? Once you start, keep going.........the first few days are tough, no getting away from that. But stopping and starting, adding ‘extras’ and not following the plan exactly just prolongs the agony! Trust me, I should know 🙄

The support here is great, so use it to keep you motivated. Every best wish on your journey ☺️
Thank you Darcy! Wow well done! How long has it taken you to lose that?

Yeah in the past i’ve followed strict diets and then started to allowed little exceptions which in turn made me stop losing weight and go off the diet. I have to be 100% this time.

xxx

Thank you Darcy! Wow well done! How long has it taken you to lose that?

Yeah in the past i’ve followed strict diets and then started to allowed little exceptions which in turn made me stop losing weight and go off the diet. I have to be 100% this time.

xxx

I have lost 68 lbs since January 1st ☺️

I’m seriously short, so my losses aren’t as spectacular as some.......but I’m still delighted with my progress 😀

I have lost 68 lbs since January 1st ☺️

I’m seriously short, so my losses aren’t as spectacular as some.......but I’m still delighted with my progress 😀
So you should be! That’s amazing progress!

Hi there,
The very best of luck reaching your weight loss goals. :)

This is my 4th week on TS and I've lost 13lb, so far. I agree with what Darcy said above, the first few days on Exante are tough, no doubt about it. Know it will pass as you get into your second week. Do drink as much water as you can manage, it does help a lot.

For me personally, I took 'food' right out of the equation and did not use any of the 'food' products in the first 3 weeks. ( apart from trying one sweet and sour packet from my week 4 pack which was not as filling as the shakes) I found I soon got used to having three shakes and they fill me up without leaving me wanting to eat anything else.

If you read through most of the TS diaries on here you will see week one can expect brilliant losses, from then on weekly weight loss can vary greatly and be less than expected even when you have been 100% so if this happens do not be disheartened, weight loss on TS seems to average out over a month. :)

Sian x

Hi CG - congrats on your commitment. Posting here regularly, and maybe keeping a daily diary will keep you on track. I'm shedding weight to enter my 60s "normal"!

Hi there,
The very best of luck reaching your weight loss goals. :)

This is my 4th week on TS and I've lost 13lb, so far. I agree with what Darcy said above, the first few days on Exante are tough, no doubt about it. Know it will pass as you get into your second week. Do drink as much water as you can manage, it does help a lot.

For me personally, I took 'food' right out of the equation and did not use any of the 'food' products in the first 3 weeks. ( apart from trying one sweet and sour packet from my week 4 pack which was not as filling as the shakes) I found I soon got used to having three shakes and they fill me up without leaving me wanting to eat anything else.

If you read through most of the TS diaries on here you will see week one can expect brilliant losses, from then on weekly weight loss can vary greatly and be less than expected even when you have been 100% so if this happens do not be disheartened, weight loss on TS seems to average out over a month. :)

Sian x
Thank you so much for all your brilliant advice Sian. xxx

Hi CG - congrats on your commitment. Posting here regularly, and maybe keeping a daily diary will keep you on track. I'm shedding weight to enter my 60s "normal"!
I’m hoping keeping a diary will keep me on track. It’s good to have a goal like that :).

Ok so, nearing the end of day 1. I haven’t felt great to be honest. Tired, weak and a little bit head achey. Bit “hangry” too. I loved the porridge this morning, I had the chicken and leek soup for lunch which was disgusting and made the Spag bol for dinner but couldn’t eat it - it was awful so made the curry which isn’t so bad. When I get my next food order i’m just going to get the bars, shakes and porridge. Going to have a Coke Zero soon as a “treat” haha.

Hope you are all coping well! It’s not easy is it!

Hey CG: the first week you are Actually In The Trenches. I think my brain minimised it at the time but now I remember back, I had to spend a whole day in bed during week 1....it is very tough. Next couple of days: mad tough. But! Once you’re through the other side it’s so much easier, and you will be alert and not hungry and best of all you will see something amazing on the scale at the end of this week.

Many of the food packs are a grotesque assault on taste buds. It makes no difference just to find a couple of things you like and only have them... hoping the exante stock situation gets better as indicated in the next week or so, because I could actually live on chocolate shakes and chocolate orange bars (hmm, there seems to be a theme...)

I have a Coke Zero most days, despite not really liking it, because it does feel like a weird ‘treat’. I’m 20+ lbs down in 5 weeks and feel super. You can do it!!

Welcome to Exante and the diary - I post a bit more sporadically these days but when I first started I found keeping a diary here, and talking to other people, absolutely invaluable.

I agree with all the advice you've been given here: stick to the plan no matter what, because bobbing off and on only makes it worse, the first week is definitely the hardest, and try to identify a selection of products you semi-enjoy and can eat.

If you can get through the first week and don't waver from the plan, I promise the weight will come off and you'll be surprised how much better you feel when you're not fighting your own body all the time. I started at 16st in May and I'm now 13st 6. Yay!

Hey CG: the first week you are Actually In The Trenches. I think my brain minimised it at the time but now I remember back, I had to spend a whole day in bed during week 1....it is very tough. Next couple of days: mad tough. But! Once you’re through the other side it’s so much easier, and you will be alert and not hungry and best of all you will see something amazing on the scale at the end of this week.

Many of the food packs are a grotesque assault on taste buds. It makes no difference just to find a couple of things you like and only have them... hoping the exante stock situation gets better as indicated in the next week or so, because I could actually live on chocolate shakes and chocolate orange bars (hmm, there seems to be a theme...)

I have a Coke Zero most days, despite not really liking it, because it does feel like a weird ‘treat’. I’m 20+ lbs down in 5 weeks and feel super. You can do it!!
Today doesn't seem as bad a yesterday but i think it may be because I'm at work and have lots of distractions. I can't wait till the hunger goes away. CANNOT WAIT!
That's exactly what I'm going to do, I'm gonna stick to porridge, shakes and the bars when I make my next order. Congrats on losing over 20 pounds- that is amazing! Hope I can follow in your footsteps!

Welcome to Exante and the diary - I post a bit more sporadically these days but when I first started I found keeping a diary here, and talking to other people, absolutely invaluable.

I agree with all the advice you've been given here: stick to the plan no matter what, because bobbing off and on only makes it worse, the first week is definitely the hardest, and try to identify a selection of products you semi-enjoy and can eat.

If you can get through the first week and don't waver from the plan, I promise the weight will come off and you'll be surprised how much better you feel when you're not fighting your own body all the time. I started at 16st in May and I'm now 13st 6. Yay!
To be honest, I was thinking before I started that I might have Saturdays off and have some solid food and a drink but by the looks of things it takes so long for your body to get used to the diet that its not worth it. I don't want to do anything to get in my way. Congrats on your weight loss!

Day two.

I've had lemon breakfast bar which was lovely, Mexican rice which wasn't terrible and I'm having a vanilla shake for dinner. Today doesn't feel as bad as yesterday but I have plenty of distractions today and I'm going to the theatre tonight. Crossing my fingers the hunger goes away soon and I stop having bouts of dizziness!

Hope you are good! Thanks for keeping me going :)

Im one of those with a shaky almost on-off start and i can totally echo the others above that its so much easier if you just get im the zone and stick to 3 a day. Im still adapting to be honest as ive had some "shaky" days here and there and trying to figure out how much energy ive got and to stop at the right time. But other than those shaky spells and sometimes just missing the idea of food, ive not actually been hungry in ages... I think you learn in time what your limits and triggers are but the 3 meal plan is totally the way to go otherwise you get greatly distracted!

Welcome along

My advice water water water

Head space write stuff down, look at food triggers and build insight into what emotions make you wanna eat.

and Non scale victories celebrate them with non food treats, a pedicure, a bath, a walk to have a sparkly water.

Hang a clothing size in your wardrobe that you want to fit in look at it when you want motivation.

Average is 14lbs a month so don’t WI every week. Those weeks when you ‘only loose a 1lb’ can be demotivating.

I bounce between 3 packs 3-4 days a week and on the other days when I’m being a mum and running around I have a Keto 200 cal meal. I use structure to keep me positive.

Final bit do it for yourself. Xx

Day 3

I’ve had apple & cinnamon porridge for breakfast which was lovely! For lunch I made the ham and mushroom pasta soup and binned it because it was so vile haha, I had the peanut bar which was lovely. Going to have a shake for dinner tonight I think. I popped on the scales this morning and i’ve lost 4.5 pounds in 2 days. If I could lose 12-14 pounds in the first week i’d be so happy.

There is a big festival happening this weekend that I’m performing at. All my friends are coming and will be drinking and i’m already so gutted I won’t be able to join them but I guess I have no other choice but to drink water and maybe go home when they get drunk. I had being sober around drunk people.

Hope you are all doing well and thank you to everyone who has given me advice.

CG

Back