New decade diary

Hi thechaplingirl- well done on sticking to it and 4.5lbs loss - fantastic! Keep going 100% and you probably will lose 10lbs+ in your first week. I lost 12stones some time ago - took a year on Cambridge Diet. I hated the milkshakes and soups so much I just lived on bars and ready made chocolate shake. Now I hate all milkshakes and soup! Due to a few months of weakness and poor choices I've gained 4stones so I'm on Slim and Save as they have porridge and "meals" and they're all palatable. At the end of the day it's just a means to an end, losing weight will make such a big difference to your life. I used to say it's mind over matter - if you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
When I first started I copied another dieter and wrote a list of all the things I noticed as I lost weight - for example, the day you can pull your freshly washed jeans on with ease, the day the seatbelt in the car had spare length in it, the day my trousers could be pulled down without undoing them, the day you don't get asked when the baby is due :mad: etc. It helped motivate me on bad days.

It will be hard at the weekend - good luck with the performing (I think that's so brave, standing up in front of folk is still frightening to me!), keep drinking the water - still, fizzy, etc and when merry friends get on your nerves - go somewhere else.
You CAN do this xx

When I first started I copied another dieter and wrote a list of all the things I noticed as I lost weight - for example, the day you can pull your freshly washed jeans on with ease, the day the seatbelt in the car had spare length in it, the day my trousers could be pulled down without undoing them, the day you don't get asked when the baby is due :mad: etc. It helped motivate me on bad days.xx

This is amazing - going to start doing this!

It does help. I can still remember the feeling when I realised I didn’t need to turn sideways to go between parked cars! My hips used to measure 64 inches so I don’t know why I thought turning sideways helped🙄
And not having to plan my way in or out of a cafe according to how the seats were fixed etc.
And the day I finally fit Next size 10 jeans was magical until my Ma ruined it by commenting “only because they have Lycra in them”. and she wondered why I overate? With a size 8 marathon running mother like that I was doomed from birth🤦‍♀️

castingnasturtiums
What brilliant weight loss - 2.5st in 2 months; well done you! It just shows that when we stick to our plans; they work!

This is amazing - going to start doing this!

If I was better with all this technology I’d start a post and invite everyone to add their little victories.

My first one is -

Day 9;
Didn’t have to stuff myself into just washed jeans
Belt now on the 5th hole instead of the 2nd

Nearly at the end of day 3!!!! Hope the hunger stops tomorrow. Can’t belive how gorgeous the lemon cheesecake shake was, feels like a proper treat.

Day 4:

Popped on the scales again. Another 2.5 pounds down. That’s 7 pounds in 3 days. Woohoo!

Awesome stuff CG! A good start to the day indeed!

Hi guys,
I stuck to the diet all day Friday but I decided to have the weekend off because I didn’t want to be a Debbie Downer. I actually think it might work out for me having the shakes mon-fri and then the weekend having solid foods or anything I’ve been craving. It’s my official weigh in day tomorrow so i’ll be able to fully see if it works doing it this way. Fingers crossed! I’m hungover today because I had some gin last night, obviously I’m back on the shakes and have that horrible empty stomach ‘I need carbs’ feeling has anyone ever had this and do you have any tips of how I can get through?

xxx

Hi theChaplinGirl
I don't know anything about the diet you're on but when I do vlcds I find that starting again after coming off plan is so much harder. I found as long as I stuck to low carb foods I could stay in ketosis but it interfered with my weightloss. But we're all different and you'll only know what works for you by trying things out.
Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow.

Id avoid carbs altogether. Putting your body through: here's some glycogen today, here it's not tomorrow will just make it more difficult to maintain the loss process. There's not much you can do about those hunger pangs as its just the body screaming (naturally) for what it likes most: carbs or any other type of extra food you are trying to avoid to have the calorie deficit you need for loss.
Other than that...tea and water. That's my only suggestions.

doing a VLCD to get the loses which keeps motivation up you need to stick in ketosis, bopping in and out just messes it up. Plus the process isn’t just weigh loss it’s also about building insight into why the relationship with food is as it is.

If you plan on doing something like 5:2 then it needs to be non consecutive days and with calories deficit diets you loose approx 2lbs per week.

If you’re heads not in the VLCD space then fair enough.

Nearly through 2nd week and 10 pounds down. This mon-fri 0 carb and weekend treat seems to be working well for me. I didn’t find it hard to go back on plan on Monday, I didn’t feel like I was starting over again and my appetite was still more or less gone. I feel great and my skin is clear and glowing. Official 2nd week weigh in isn’t until Tuesday morning so i’m excited to see what the number will be. Also excited for a treat on Saturday haha! Bought another haul of Exante but only got bar and shakes this time. Just had a Chocolate cookie and it wasn’t the nicest haha.

xxx

Nearly through 2nd week and 10 pounds down. This mon-fri 0 carb and weekend treat seems to be working well for me. I didn’t find it hard to go back on plan on Monday, I didn’t feel like I was starting over again and my appetite was still more or less gone. I feel great and my skin is clear and glowing. Official 2nd week weigh in isn’t until Tuesday morning so i’m excited to see what the number will be. Also excited for a treat on Saturday haha! Bought another haul of Exante but only got bar and shakes this time. Just had a Chocolate cookie and it wasn’t the nicest haha.

xxx
Well done :) glad this is working for you :)

Back