New Me for New Zealand

Skulldilocks

Gold Member
I've been here many times before, I've had several diaries. I went to therapy for depression and binge eating disorder and back then my head wasn't in the right place so I was unable to continue my journey. Then during my therapy, I was told to try calorie counting and the 5:2 diet. It took me 3 months to lose a stone and I gained most of it back from one holiday. So now that I'm in a better frame of mind, I'm returning to what I know and love and know works. Slimming World.
Rejoining last night was terrifying my anxiety went through the roof. But the fact there is a new consultant, mostly new people and a newer version of the plan, it felt like the fresh start I needed. I just need to make sure I do not compare this journey to any of my previous ones and not compare it to other people's journeys.
I've chosen a hard week to start what with the bank holiday weekend but I'm sure I'll be fine.
Also my consultant has told me to start I can have up to 20 syns a day (I'm guessing this is because of my size?)
So yeah, here goes...

Thursday

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs (P)
2x Warburtons wholemeal 400g slices (HEX B)
1 tsp Clover (1.5)
2x tea with skimmed milk (1) and sweetener

Lunch:
Low fat chilli chicken super noodles
Chicken slices (P)

Dinner:
Quorn pieces (S), pasta, tomatoes (S), onions (S), peppers (S), mushrooms (S) puree (S), garlic (S)
Mixed salad (S)
30g cheddar (HEX A)

Snacks:
Apple (S)
Muller light coconut greek yog (0.5)
Skips (4.5)
Mini party rings (5.5)
Mango Absolut (4) with Sprite Zero

Total syns: 17

Last edited:
Finishing my first day on plan :) Feels good! Had 17 syns. For some reason my consultant said when I got weighed that for now, I should have up to 20 syns. MAybe because of how big I am? Maybe its a different thing. I feel really bad doing it but I want to follow exactly as she says. Going off and trying my own tricks were exactly what caused me to go off the rails last time, so content with 17 including the MAngo vodka I@m sipping while I catch up on the week's TV. :)

Friday
Breakfast:

3.5 bacon, no fat
2 Quorn hot dogs (1)
Egg
Mushrooms (S), onions (S) and plum tomatoes (S)

Lunch:
2x banoffee Alpen light (HEX B)

Dinner:
12x vodka diet coke (36)
:7834:

Total syns: 37 :doh:

Last edited:
Hi
Good luck being back on SW
The Extra Easy plan is great when you get in the swing of it:)
And true , don't compare to other people's journeys we all lose differently :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome back Lily!!! So great to see you back with us and back to what you know best... Slimming World :) Looking forward to following your journey... xxx

Hi again Jade :)
And thanks to all others for subscribing. Got to get back into the swing of logging on here, but do not fear I have been keeping my food diary on paper ready to hand in to group tomorrow.
I don't know what to expect from weigh in tomorrow. I haven't wanted to hope on the scales as I know what a negative effect that can have on me. I've stuck to plan every day apart from Friday, when I drank well over my syns but I counted nonetheless and with 20 syns a day to supposedly play with, I'm still going to be under my weekly allowance. Going to log the past couple of days here, and have planned meals for the rest of the week in preparation :)
Hope you all had a lovely Easter, not even a mini egg passed my lips s thats one success, even if alcohol wasn't!
:7834:

Saturday (Hungover times)

Breakfast:

Bacon (no fat)
Egg
2x Quorn hot dogs (1)
30g Cheddar (HEX A)
Ketchup (0.5)
2x Warburtons wholemeal 400g (HEX B)

Lunch:
Pops crisps (4, however threw them up >.<)

Dinner:
McDs 6 chicken nuggets (9)
McDs small fries (8)
Lots of diet coke

Total syns: 18.5

Sunday

Breakfast:

2x Warburton wholemeal 400g (HEX B)
2x Healthy Living sausages (2)
Mushrooms (S),
Red onion (S)
Baked beans (P)
Egg (P)

Lunch:
Ham slices (P)
Apple (S)
Mullerlight greek coconut and vanilla (0.5)

Dinner:
Quorn steak strips
Onions (S)
Peppers (S)
Mushrooms (S)
Noodles
Soy sauce, garlic (S) and chilli powder

Snacks:
Pops (4)
Special K Biscuit Moments caramel (5)
Mini Milkybar (3.5)

Total syns: 15

Monday:

Breakfast:

2x Healthy living sausages (2)
2x Warburtons wholemeal 400g (HEX B)
BBQ sauce (1)

Lunch:
Subway salad:
Chicken (P)
Lettuce (S)
Cucumber (S)
Onion (S)
Pepper (S)
Gherkins (S)
Jalapenos (S)
Sweet onion sauce (1.5)

Dinner:
Quorn mince (P)
Chopped toms (S)
Tom puree (S)
Mushrooms (S)
Onions (S)
Pepper (S)
Garlic (S), herbs
Spaghetti
30g Cheddar (HEX A)

Snacks:
Pops (4)
Mini Party Rings (5.5)
Tesco Mango Zero

Total syns: 14

Tuesday:

Breakfast:

2x Alpen Light banoffee (HEX B)
Mullerlight toffee greek (0.5)
Apple (S)
Diet coke

Lunch:
Chicken (P)
Lettuce (S)
Cucumber (S)
Onion (S)
Pepper (S)
Gherkins (S)
Jalapenos (S)
Sweet onion sauce (1.5)

Dinner:
Quorn mince (P)
Chopped toms (S)
Tom puree (S)
Mushrooms (S)
Onions (S)
Pepper (S)
Garlic (S), herbs
Spaghetti
30g Cheddar (HEX A)

Snacks:
Pops (4)
4x Maoam (6)
2x Celebrations (4)

Total syns: 16

Last edited:
Well done on resisting all that chocolate over Easter Lily... that is willpower right there!!! xxx

Well done on resisting all that chocolate over Easter Lily... that is willpower right there!!! xxx
Thanks, like I said, I made up for it in booze but hopefully it wont cause to much destruction to weigh in tomorrow!
Unfortunately I have to go to my therapist tonight and she weighs me, I've gained since I last saw her (before my holiday) regardless of what I lose in terms of SLimming World. I've gotta try and pray I dont let any negativity from that make me think less of whatever loss I manage tomorrow.
I'm desperately trying to end my sessions with her, but everytime I try to break it off she makes me feel like I shouldnt, she said I would only need ten weekly sessions but I've been going since August last year so she's rinsed me enough! Any tips from people would be great! x

Weigh day today, eeeek!
Due to train delays I didnt make it to therapy (boohoo...not!) so still none the wiser on how much I may have lost. I just have to seriously seriously remember not to be disheartened if I dont have a huge loss. I remember the last time I tried to rejoin, I lost 4lbs in the my first week and burst into tears I was so disappointed, as I know previous times, I've managed like 6! I felt like an idiot as I knew it was good but I have put too much pressure on myself. This week I have followed my consultant's advice and used most of my allowance. The speed foods may have been lacking a bit but food shop arrives today! I had also got into to horrible habits on weigh day, both with SW and therapy where I would eat hardly anything on weigh day. That then turned into nothing and I even would stop drinking fluid at midday in case of gains! Then I'd feel deprived and binge as soon as I'd been weighed. It was stupid, so I plan to stick to a usual food day on weigh day and have dins after :)

Wednesday
Breakfast:

2x boiled eggs
2x Hovis Nimble toasted (HEX B) with buttery Frylight
Apple (S)

Lunch:
Chilli chicken low fat supernoodles
Chicken chunks (P)
Muller Light greek toffee yog (0.5)

Dinner:
Chilli con carne
Extra lean mince (P)