New Me for New Zealand

I think no matter what the scales say that you are flying it and they will 100% show all the efforts of your hard work in the coming weeks as well! I think you have a much healthier approach this time round and really think this is your time Lily! X
It definitely shows you need the right mind frame to even consider doing any kind of plan, I was so pessimistic about anything I achieved last time but this time I'll just be happy to get there slowly but surely. I have 8 months so not exactly in a major rush! X

Thanks! Needless to say I'm in a very good mood today. In the hour I have home before coming back from work and going out to group, I managed to prep breakfast and lunch for today and tomorrow, so no excuse to not stay on plan. I also got the courage to message my therapist and tell her I didnt want to come anymore because I feel good enough to carry on now without her. We're having a closure session next week and then I'm freee! I've been seeing her since August so it definitely feels like quite the achievement.
Breakfast today was amazing! The boyfriend has text me telling me how much he loved it too, don't get why I never tried it before!

Thursday
Breakfast:

Breakfast quiche -
Bacon (P)
Eggs (P)
Cottage cheese (P)
Tesco healthy living sausage (1)
Mushrooms (S)
Onions (S)
Baked beans (P)
1x tea with skimmed milk (1)

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Chilli con carne (lean mince (P), chopped toms (S), onions (S), peppers (S), mushrooms (S), chilli (S), garlic (S), puree (S), kidney beans (P)
Salad leaves (S)
Cheese single (HEX A)

Dinner:
Chicken jalfrezi:
Chicken (P)
Chopped toms (S)
Onions (S)
Mushrooms (S)
Peppers (S)
Puree (S)
Garlic (S), chilli (S), cumin, tumeric, stock cube
Rice

Snacks:
2x Hifi light bars (HEX B)
Pops (4)
Muller goodies strawberry and white choc (2.5)
Apple (S)
Slither of vanilla cheesecake (6)
Caramel biscuit moments (5)

Total syns: 19.5

Last edited:
Well done on losing 5.5lbs. Excellent. What a great incentive to lose some more weight - a trip to New Zealand.

I have a son and grandchildren there and am hoping to go back next year for the final time.
I therefore have a bit of time to make the airplane seat get bigger. :)

Lots of luck for your new journey.

Well done on losing 5.5lbs. Excellent. What a great incentive to lose some more weight - a trip to New Zealand.

I have a son and grandchildren there and am hoping to go back next year for the final time.
I therefore have a bit of time to make the airplane seat get bigger. :)

Lots of luck for your new journey.

Thanks Doreen, I'm so excited! I've never travelled outside Europe so straight to NZ is a bit of a jump! We're only over there 3 weeks but I want to be comfortable both physically and mentally in myself, so that the activities we plan to do and the flight itself like you said, arent as daunting! I have 8 months and worked out 2lbs a week every week til then would get me at target. I'm not expecting that in the slightest but it goes to show how much I could lose by then :)

Its Friday, another one thats bound to involve vodka. I planned to go round a friends I havent seen in ages for a catch up but turns out we'll be going out as well! I'm planning to save money (and lbs) by drinking before going out and hopefully my stingy side will save me here! Saving most of my syns for later anyway just in case and most importantly, NOT going out on an empty stomach! Whilst I was calorie counting I would sacrifice meals for alcohol which obviously had rubbish consequences!

Friday:
Breakfast:

Breakfast quiche -
Bacon (P)
Sausage (1)
Egg (P)
Cottage cheese (P)
Mushrooms (S)
Onions (S)
Beans (P)
Tea with skimmed milk (1)

Lunch:
Jacket potato
Cottage cheese (P)
Red onion (S)
Salad leaves (S)
Mullerlight greek coconut yog (0.5)

Dinner:
Homemade lean turkey burger (P)
Wholemeal roll (HEX B)
2x cheese slices (HEX A)
Jalapenos (S)
Salad leaves (S)
SW chips
Ketchup (1)
Light mayo (1)

Other:
Half bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk (4.5)
Vodka and diet coke (will aim for 5 at 16 syns but likely to be more!!!)

Total syns: 24.5 (if all goes to plan!)

Last edited:
Here to sub :)

Well done on your massive 5.5lb loss first week! Sounds like you are in the right mindset for doing this, I know being there myself was the way I was going to lose the weight. I needed to be ready to change myself - I knew I was big for ages before I was ready. Keep going lovely - what a great incentive.. I want a holiday now! x

Thanks so much :) and tell me about it! Is going to be a long year as I have used up all my allowance so no more days off til December >.<

Well done on your super duper loss Lily, you really deserve it :)
Food looks yummy today... especially that Turkey burger. Do you not find it gets dry though?
What do you plan to do whilst you are in New Zealand? xxx

Well done on your super duper loss Lily, you really deserve it :)
Food looks yummy today... especially that Turkey burger. Do you not find it gets dry though?
What do you plan to do whilst you are in New Zealand? xxx

I normally follow the turkey burger a tzatziki sauce recipe in the Family Meals on a Budget book. I havent made them in so long so can't really remember, but dont remember any complaints from the boy!

Well we'll be over their 3 weeks. My boyfriend's family live over there in Wellington so we'll spend the Xmas week with them. then we'll go up to Auckland to visit some of his other family and then try and get round as much of the country as is possible in that small amount of time! We definitely want to go to the LOTR set, the mud baths, the glow worm cave. I want to do some form of wildlife spotting as animals are my love! We will be making a proper itinerary soon, now that we have booked the initial flights! I've never done any form of travelling before so I'm terrified!

You will love New Zealand. I travel on my own so it will be easier with company.

I have seen a lot on North Island and I know you will really like it. South Island is apparently really beautiful but have not managed to get down there.

You are making me want to go back. :stickdance:

That sounds amazing!!! How fab that your partners family live over there! Will you stay with them? xxx

That sounds amazing!!! How fab that your partners family live over there! Will you stay with them? xxx
Yeah, so we'll save on hostels for that week :p I've met them before they went away, just as me and him got together but that was over 4 years ago, so it'll be lovely to see them again. Scary as his siblings were little when they went and now theyre teenagers! I havent met any of the Auckland family though, scary stuff! I hope to look very different to the last time they saw me! x

Wow, thats pretty cool. I'd love to go to NZ and how awesome would it be if I had family/friends out there to stay with.

Ive been with my OH for four years too, its always scary meeting new family! Is your OH originally from NZ?

Wow, thats pretty cool. I'd love to go to NZ and how awesome would it be if I had family/friends out there to stay with.

Ive been with my OH for four years too, its always scary meeting new family! Is your OH originally from NZ?

Nah, they're all originally from the UK, they just moved out there as his dad was offered a once in a lifetime job opportunity and obviously the kids were too small to stay.
They've only just sold their UK home though, crazy!

Hanging today so doubt I@ll be very active in any sense today! The cravings for takeaway are strong but I wont give in!

Saturday
Breakfast:
2x bacon, no fat (P)
2x Healthy Living sausages (2)
2x HOvis nimble (HEX B)
Baked beans (P)
Onions (S)
Egg(P)

Lunch:
Chicken Mugshot
Muller Light Goodies white choc and strawb (2.5)

Dinner:
Chicken (P) stuffed with low fat garlic+herb soft cheese (HEX A), jalapenos (S) wrapped in bacon (P)
Roasted new potatoes
Broccoli (S), onions (S), leeks (S)
Gravy (1.5)

Snacks:
Mini toffee crunch fingers (5)
Mini milkybar (3.5)

Total syns: 14.5

Last edited:
Hangovers are the worst for grease cravings! Just think about how good you'll feel if you don't cave :) easier said than done I know. Maybe make some SW chips for that comfort food thing - or a jacket spud and cheesy beans?

Back