New Me, New Diary! Maintenance Begins

June 16th

Got up early so I could grab bargains at the boot fair, but rain was pouring, so decided boot fair would probably be cancelled so didn't go.

Spent the morning doing housework and at lunchtime my friend jane phoned to see if Scott and I fancied going out. Did I !!!! Phoned Scott, who also jumped at the chance as we haven't been out on the town since Christmas. Kim agreed to babysit, which was lovely of her as it involved babysitting Jane's 2 children too.

Decided as I missed out on the boot fair I'd go to a jumble sale at the local church. What a big mistake!!! I'm sure all the lovely old ladies when they are in their homes or chatting at the over 60's club are lovely, get them in a church hall with second hand clobber and they turn into growling, spitting monsters!!!! I managed after a length of time to squeeze into a gap to look at some clothes (it was worse than a Next sale), at this point I could smell cat pee and wasn't sure if it was the lady next to me or the clothes. I spotted a pair of trousers and picked them up, only to find them being tugged out of my hands! The woman tugging on the other end gave me the foulest of looks so I told her that her need was obviously greater than my own and let go. Herded the kids up and off we went empty handed.

On the way home kids and I were laughing about our shocking experience at the jumble sale and decided that none of us wanted to go to another.

Scott's Nan came round for a cuppa and a chat and told me she'd nearly phoned to see if she could have accompanied me to the JS. I told her I'd have loved her to come, she could have protected me!

Got ready in the evening for the big night out. We decided to have a couple of drinks in the pub and then have a curry and maybe a couple more drinks to finish the night off. Got to the curry house at 11.30!!! I really must go out more, I got so excited that I didn't want to eat, just kept drinking and chatting. Had a great night, saw lots of faces I hadn't seen for a while, got lots of comments on weight loss and although I find it a little embarrassing, it was lovely.

Goodness knows how many calories I consumed. My curry was gorgeous!!!!!!:D:D:D I had a chicken tikka biryani. I left all the side dishes alone though, in fact I left some of my curry. This is unheard of! Maybe it was the volume of alcohol I'd had before! although that's never stopped me in the past;)

The children were all well behaved for Kim, and when we returned at 1.30:eek::eek: All were asleep, whilst Kim and her boyfriend were watching a film.

Tracey
x

Depression in mothers study is very interesting. Personally, I love to work, it's always been important to me obviously for cash reasons, but even more so because when I'm at work I'm Tracey, not just mum or wife.
& that is precisely the point, & why it is soimportant for young mums. Of course th politicians have now perverted the point using it to coerse those that don't wish to, to go out to work as well. but this is no place for blair bashing.
I suffered post natal depression with Cameron and had to have help with this. A friend of mine introduced me to meditation. At first I found it extremely difficult to do and went to a class once a week. That was the only night of the week that I could get a good nights sleep. Like anything the more you practise the better you get. I'm sure meditation was a key factor in my recovery from depression.

wow thta's a pretty powerful advert for meditation. there is an unattractive but self explanatory phrase 'Sleep Hygeine' All the sensible stuff about not drinking stimulants late at night,taking regular exercise, etcetc & doing a positive wind down to include emptying your mind of nagging worries is one of them.
Sounds like reinventing meditation to me.
I had to take the happy pills for years with my PND/ bereavement cycle. But that's in the past now.

My sister had a bad ear infection when she was a year old and this lead to convulsions. The fits continued and Karen had to go to Guys regularly, she had medication to stop the fits, but was left brain damaged. It's hard to describe her handicap, she is 37 and in some ways she is a 37 year old woman, but in others she's mentally still a little girl. Her speech was badly affected and her coordination. The doctors weren't sure how she would develop mentally, but she can read and write and comprehends everything said to her. She wouldn't be able to work, but her week is made up of helping out at age concern and going to a local centre for the handicapped where she learns life skills etc. Karen lives independantly in a flat but has carers who go in to make sure she keeps herself and house clean etc. and to help her cook. Dad and I also keep our beady eyes on her! If she didn't have supervision, she wouldn't think for herself. She has a boyfriend who she's been with for 15 years who is also mentally handicapped, at weekends they go to pub, cinema etc. We've tried to provide her with a fuller life as possible and she is a happy lovely sister.

Tracey
x
Oh tracey I'm so Sorry. What a dreadful thing to happen. Just thinking how your parents must have felt all those years ago when they learned that their perfect little girl had got brain damaged, makes me shivver. Glad that her warm personalty was preserved.

June 16th

Spent the morning doing housework and at lunchtime my friend jane phoned to see if Scott and I fancied going out. Did I !!!! Phoned Scott, who also jumped at the chance as we haven't been out on the town since Christmas. Kim agreed to babysit, which was lovely of her as it involved babysitting Jane's 2 children too.
I expect she got extra pocket money for taking on the 'additional work'!

Not out since christmas! That's bad. i was going to say even H & I have been out since then,but now realise we haven't as I had a migraine & had to miss the school quiz. No wait WE HAVE been out. went to dinner at friends.

Decided as I missed out on the boot fair I'd go to a jumble sale at the local church. What a big mistake!!! I'm sure all the lovely old ladies when they are in their homes or chatting at the over 60's club are lovely, get them in a church hall with second hand clobber and they turn into growling, spitting monsters!!!! I managed after a length of time to squeeze into a gap to look at some clothes (it was worse than a Next sale), at this point I could smell cat pee and wasn't sure if it was the lady next to me or the clothes. I spotted a pair of trousers and picked them up, only to find them being tugged out of my hands! The woman tugging on the other end gave me the foulest of looks so I told her that her need was obviously greater than my own and let go. Herded the kids up and off we went empty handed.
Don't think I'd have lasted long in there either. Don't do crowds. Not too keen on cat pee either come to that!

Scott's Nan came round for a cuppa and a chat and told me she'd nearly phoned to see if she could have accompanied me to the JS. I told her I'd have loved her to come, she could have protected me! has She has those extra pointy elbows then?

Got ready in the evening for the big night out. We decided to have a couple of drinks in the pub and then have a curry and maybe a couple more drinks to finish the night off. Got to the curry house at 11.30!!! I really must go out more, I got so excited that I didn't want to eat, just kept drinking and chatting. Had a great night, saw lots of faces I hadn't seen for a while, got lots of comments on weight loss and although I find it a little embarrassing, it was lovely.

Goodness knows how many calories I consumed. My curry was gorgeous!!!!!!:D:D:D I had a chicken tikka biryani. I left all the side dishes alone though, in fact I left some of my curry. This is unheard of! Maybe it was the volume of alcohol I'd had before! although that's never stopped me in the past;)

The children were all well behaved for Kim, and when we returned at 1.30:eek::eek: All were asleep, whilst Kim and her boyfriend were watching a film.

Tracey
x

I'm so glad you enjoyed your well earned night out.
Good about the leaving of food. I used to sit at the table eating untill each dish was finished. Couldn't leave food. This must change & it sounds as if it is for you. A v good sign.
I think we'll gloss over the alcohol. As long as it didn't make you ill or eat xs carbs then I spose that also was a bit of a victory.

Sunday 17th June

Not much to report. Dehydrated from night on town;), had a day of rest!! Couldn't physically do much else:eek:

Tracey
x

Monday 18th June

Bought a new mobile phone!!!!:D:D:D I've never had a new one before, always had hand me downs. But a good offer in Tesco led me to the greatest phone ever! (in my opinion):)

I have been reading and playing with phone for hours, and have managed to put some music on there, as it's an MP3 player thingy. So am sorted for my train journey to Kettering on Friday. Will be able to blast out my ears with Aerosmith and Scissor Sisters!:)

Took children to the dentist. Harley has to have a filling:eek: In one of her adult teeth!!!:( Typical, I'm always telling the children that they can't have anything 5 minutes without ruining it, and she's proved my point!!!:p

Went to college to do my assessment in tips and overlay (acrylic false nails) and passed. My tutor also informed me that I got 100% on the test I took last week:D:D:D One more assessment to complete (infills) and course is finished:):):)

Feeling more and more excited about the training day on Saturday. Not sure what I'm more excited about, getting the CDC ball rolling or meeting our Jane :confused:

Tracey
x

Tuesday 19th June

Training day fast approaches and I've planned what I shall wear, must start to do some packing. The children are excited as Scott has planned swimming and bowling for while I'm away.

I've never stayed away from the family before:eek: I've had the occasional weekend away with Scott, but I'll be without them all. Also panicking a bit that I'll get lost on the underground or bombed:eek:

In the late evening we had a magnificent storm:D I love storms. As Kim was home (she's had a row with her boyfriend:sigh:) Scott and I decided to wander off down the beach. It was beautiful, the lightening lit up the whole beach and sea, great big forks of lightening just out to sea. We sat there for an hour holding hands in the rain. It was very romantic ... AAAhhhh.

Got home totally soaked to find Kim crying her eyes out over twonk of a boyfriend:( Tried to give her advice, but what's the point really, at 17 you feel so differently about things. Basically he's acting like a spoilt child and has thrown his toys out of the pram over something really silly, then he uses mind games. I'm trying not to be too hard on him as he is quite a nice lad and on the whole is very good to Kim, I have to keep telling myself he's only 18 and therefore mentally only about 12;)

Tracey
x

Sunday 17th June

Not much to report. Dehydrated from night on town;), had a day of rest!! Couldn't physically do much else:eek:
Tracey
x

by which you mean the desiccating effect of the air conditioning in modern town centres & all the walking you did. silly me when I first saw this I thought 'Oh No she's been on the Bacardi bicycles again'

Monday 18th June

Bought a new mobile phone!!!!:D:D:D I've never had a new one before, always had hand me downs. But a good offer in Tesco led me to the greatest phone ever! (in my opinion):)

I have been reading and playing with phone for hours, and have managed to put some music on there, as it's an MP3 player thingy. So am sorted for my train journey to Kettering on Friday. Will be able to blast out my ears with Aerosmith and Scissor Sisters!:)

sounds great. I'd like my next phone to have MP3. I have an MP3 player too,but would be nice to have the 2 bits inside the same casing. Apparantly it's Called 'function creep'
Took children to the dentist. Harley has to have a filling:eek: In one of her adult teeth!!!:( Typical, I'm always telling the children that they can't have anything 5 minutes without ruining it, and she's proved my point!!!:p
Poor kid. In my day fillings were the Norm. now they ( & you) are made to feel they've been sucking on mars bars day & night if they get even one cavity.

Went to college to do my assessment in tips and overlay (acrylic false nails) and passed. My tutor also informed me that I got 100% on the test I took last week:D:D:D One more assessment to complete (infills) and course is finished:):):)
only 100%.. so you weren't really on top form then were you.
you'll haveto put in a bit more effort ith CDC training!
Feeling more and more excited about the training day on Saturday. Not sure what I'm more excited about, getting the CDC ball rolling or meeting our Jane :confused:

Tracey
x
Oh golly Tracey, I hadn't seen that last bit with my name in when I clicked the quote buttons...That' so nice, & I can say I'm feeling the same. Knowing that you'll be up there too is making the outing much more of an 'anticipation of a day's fun & chatting' rather than purely a drive to an ' instruction course' with strangers.
will ring later today(thurs) when I get back from work.

Tuesday 19th June

Training day fast approaches and I've planned what I shall wear, must start to do some packing. The children are excited as Scott has planned swimming and bowling for while I'm away.OOh I love bowling. The one nearest us was v old, smelt of fried food & cigs but there's a new one now. I'm completely useless & use the inflateable bumpers but still love it.

I've never stayed away from the family before:eek: I've had the occasional weekend away with Scott, but I'll be without them all. Also panicking a bit that I'll get lost on the underground or bombed:eek:

Under ground easy=colour coded.
Bombed only happens when you start on the bacardi bicycles!

In the late evening we had a magnificent storm:D I love storms. As Kim was home (she's had a row with her boyfriend:sigh:) Scott and I decided to wander off down the beach. It was beautiful, the lightening lit up the whole beach and sea, great big forks of lightening just out to sea. We sat there for an hour holding hands in the rain. It was very romantic ... AAAhhhh.
I like scott. He'll plan an activity W/E for the kids & still find the energy to walk in the rain with you!

Got home totally soaked to find Kim crying her eyes out over twonk of a boyfriend:( Tried to give her advice, but what's the point really, at 17 you feel so differently about things. Basically he's acting like a spoilt child and has thrown his toys out of the pram over something really silly, then he uses mind games. I'm trying not to be too hard on him as he is quite a nice lad and on the whole is very good to Kim, I have to keep telling myself he's only 18 and therefore mentally only about 12;)
Who'd want to be a teenager? poor kim

Tracey
x
your excitement is infectious!

Good luck Tracey on doing your CDC training course. I'm sure you'll love being a CDC. And a CDC who's also able to do a pedicure or your nails - WOW!!

Good luck Tracey on doing your CDC training course. I'm sure you'll love being a CDC. And a CDC who's also able to do a pedicure or your nails - WOW!!

Hi Beverley

Thanks for the good luck message. I'm really looking forward to it.

Funny you should mention the manicure and pedicures. I've been thinking as an added motivational tactic I'm going to tell all new clients that when they get to a 2 stone loss, they'll receive a free treatment, maybe I'll get some clients for my nail business that way too;):D

Tracey
x

by which you mean the desiccating effect of the air conditioning in modern town centres & all the walking you did. silly me when I first saw this I thought 'Oh No she's been on the Bacardi bicycles again'

:rotflmao: Bacardi bicycles are safely locked away in the caravan, due to be released again in July! Hopefully by then Scott will have welded the bottle opener on there too!:D

Oh golly Tracey, I hadn't seen that last bit with my name in when I clicked the quote buttons...That' so nice, & I can say I'm feeling the same. Knowing that you'll be up there too is making the outing much more of an 'anticipation of a day's fun & chatting' rather than purely a drive to an ' instruction course' with strangers.
will ring later today(thurs) when I get back from work.

your excitement is infectious!

Hopefully after our conversation today I still sounded excited! I really am, just threw me today with the P thing. A little upset that her reasons with HO were all about lack of communication from me, it puts a black mark against my name before they've even met me!:sigh: Hopefully all will be well:)

Just checked out your gallery pics, and saw the new ones of you with red top on. Looking good Jane:D:D

Sorry if my tone was a bit down today, promise I'll be back to myself by Saturday!

Tracey
x

Hi Beverley

Funny you should mention the manicure and pedicures. I've been thinking as an added motivational tactic I'm going to tell all new clients that when they get to a 2 stone loss, they'll receive a free treatment, maybe I'll get some clients for my nail business that way too;):D

Tracey
x

That sounds like a lovely idea Tracey :)

Hi Beverley

Tracey
x
I think the 2 businesse will dovetail brilliantly, & using one as a reward for success in the other..inspired.
I spose I could offer to mow her lawn if a customer of mine gets to goal!

Morning Tracey, Journey go ok?
Meet any brothel keepers?

Morning Tracey, Journey go ok?
Meet any brothel keepers?

Hi Jane

Just missed the train at Kettering so sat and waited for 1/2 hour, got to Victoria at 8.20 and had to wait til 9.00 for next train to Whitstable. Long night of travel, got home at 10.45pm, totally pooped, had a quick wash and fell into bed:)

No didn't see anyone famous this journey, I did look out though as I sat for ages at Victoria, thought I must see someone famous, but I guess when you're looking it dosen't happen.

Had a great time Jane:D

Tracey
x

I have had a great couple of days!!!!:D

Set off for my journey to Kettering at 5.22pm on Friday. As I got off the train at London Victoria, I noticed this little old lady walking beside me, I looked at her and thought I knew her (not in a famous way, just thought maybe she was a Whitstable lady travelling to London too). The lady then smiled at me and I said 'do I know you' she said in a lovely cockney accent that I probably did and that she was Cynthia Paine:eek::eek: I felt a little embarrassed as I honestly thought I just knew her from somewhere, it hadn't occurred she was someone in the news a celeb if you like! I went on to say 'nice to meet you' and scuttled off:eek: Actually she tried to persuade me to stay and earn good money with her and sod becoming a CDC, but I stood my ground and said No! it is too important to me, no amount of money will stop me forfulling my dreams to become a CDC:rolleyes:;):D

I then got to Kettering by 8.30pm and luckily had stopped being harrassed by famous people;) After a few minutes I could see Jane's VW coming down the road:D To my delight Jane is as charming and wonderful in real life as she is here in cyberspace. We had a lovely meal (apart from strange crinkled carrots) and settled into our room for the night. Got up early and set off for the training day. I enjoyed the day thoroughly, but it did put some doubts in my mind, will I get and more to the point keep clients:confused: I'm giving it a go though. I also have to change CDC's for reasons I won't go into, but I will be meeting my new CDC next week, her name is Sally and lives about 3/4 hour drive from me. I think as I don't have the support of a good CDC at the moment, things are seeming scarier than they should. Hopefully when I meet Sally she will be lovely and hopefully put to rest all my fears.

After the training Jane drove me to the station and we said our goodbyes, I had a great time with her. Off I set with my bags, folders and eggs (kindly donated by Jane's chickens). Got onto the platform as train pulled out:sigh: Waited 1/2 hour, finally got to London at 8.20pm and had to wait for train to Whitstable it didn't leave til 9.03pm. I finally returned home, tired but happy at 10.45pm.

Tracey
x

Hiya Tracey

So glad you enjoyed the day, it's quite natural to have concerns at this stage and I wondered if I'd every get any clients, but you will, you'll be amazed how your business will grow. Remember you are working with a wonderful product and whilst CD isn't for everyone and you will have clients drop out, you'll have plenty that stay the distance and brings new clients to you. I have one lady that has lost 3 stone, her sister is now doing it, also her mother and her husband and now her uncle has phoned me & is due to start next week!

You business will grow and develop and if you don't get the support from your CDC, HO are always only a phone call away and of course there's always plenty of CDC's here on Minimins who will always be happy to help if you have any questions - myself included of course :)

Hiya Tracey

So glad you enjoyed the day, it's quite natural to have concerns at this stage and I wondered if I'd every get any clients, but you will, you'll be amazed how your business will grow. Remember you are working with a wonderful product and whilst CD isn't for everyone and you will have clients drop out, you'll have plenty that stay the distance and brings new clients to you. I have one lady that has lost 3 stone, her sister is now doing it, also her mother and her husband and now her uncle has phoned me & is due to start next week!

You business will grow and develop and if you don't get the support from your CDC, HO are always only a phone call away and of course there's always plenty of CDC's here on Minimins who will always be happy to help if you have any questions - myself included of course :)

Thanks Jan:D It's lovely to know there are so many helpful people, yourself included. I met some lovely ladies and a gentleman there. Lisa from HO was lovely and very supportive (I like her a lot). All in all had a good time, and I'm sure my worries are due to my own insecurities. I so want to make a go of this, that I'm analysing the situation too much (as us women seem to do!) From now on I'm going to go with the flow, plus I always have my friend Cynthia to fall back on if all goes pete tong:p

I read your post to Jane re. working in a bank, we have something in common. I too worked for several years in a bank before I had the children.:)

Have a lovely lazy Sunday:)

Tracey
x

Hi Jane

Just missed the train at Kettering so sat and waited for 1/2 hour, got to Victoria at 8.20 and had to wait til 9.00 for next train to Whitstable. Long night of travel, got home at 10.45pm, totally pooped, had a quick wash and fell into bed:)
Ah sorry! that was partly my fault for gassing in the car park wth that CDC& her daighter. You know she filled up with deasel by accident & broke down 10milesout of town. Think she'd found the day tiring & stressful too, as she could not believe she'd actuelly held the black nozzled filler in her hand & not registered what the significance of it was.
Tracey
x

I then got to Kettering by 8.30pm and luckily had stopped being harrassed by famous people;) After a few minutes I could see Jane's VW coming down the road:D To my delight Jane is as charming and wonderful in real life as she is here in cyberspace. I have to disagree . I found the training day v hard work & got all tense.It is just traceys calm tolerant & easy going manner that prevented it from getting to her. We had a lovely meal (apart from strange crinkled carrots) and settled into our room for the night.
The staff sent out a young girl to ask us if 'everthing was all right' Well, we said the carrots were weird wrinkly & flavourless. We wondered if they'd benefit from some botox.
Poor girl looked like she was about to cry.
So we both chimed in in Stereo 'well you did ask' It was meant kindly but she scuttled away never to be seen again.
Hopefully when I meet Sally she will be lovely and hopefully put to rest all my fears.
yes, I hope so too.
After the training Jane drove me to the station and we said our goodbyes, I had a great time with her. Off I set with my bags, folders and eggs (kindly donated by Jane's chickens). Got onto the platform as train pulled out:sigh: Waited 1/2 hour, finally got to London at 8.20pm and had to wait for train to Whitstable it didn't leave til 9.03pm. I finally returned home, tired but happy at 10.45pm.
That was a long day for you.

Tracey
x

Hiya Tracey

So you can devote a whole session to the family.

See .M-D says it'll be fine too!
I think you've got what it take to make an excellent CDC & your past working experiences should make it even easier.
I hope that the doubts are settling now!

Thanks Jan:D It's lovely to know there are so many helpful people, yourself included. I met some lovely ladies and a gentleman there. Lisa from HO was lovely and very supportive (I like her a lot). All in all had a good time, and I'm sure my worries are due to my own insecurities. I so want to make a go of this, that I'm analysing the situation too much (as us women seem to do!) From now on I'm going to go with the flow, plus I always have my friend Cynthia to fall back on if all goes pete tong:p
Ah so you did give her your phone no & vital stats after all then?
I read your post to Jane re. working in a bank, we have something in common. I too worked for several years in a bank before I had the children.:)
now you tell me! so even the scary financial/book-keeping side is 2nd nature to you!!
Have a lovely lazy Sunday:)

Tracey
x
Speak soon

Hi Jane

I really must try harder with this multi quote malarky! I hope I don't forget what you've posted in my reply.

It wasn't your fault at all that I missed the train. I decided to saunter along cigarette in hand to the platform and didn't realise train was there. If I'd have stuck to my non smoking at Christmas that would never have happened.

Of course I gave Cynthia my number, Ive learned never to miss an opportunity;)

Thanks for your encouragement regarding becoming a CDC. It's lovely that you have faith in me. I do feel a bit better about things today. Maybe I too got a little stressed at the training day. I didn't think I was, but there was a lot to take in and I guess it's only natural to feel a bit nervous about it.

Tracey
x

Back