New to slimming world

Well done clareycakes! That's a fab first weeks loss! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you everyone. I am very happy :)

Hi ladies. How are we all finding it this week? I have my first weigh in tomorrow evening, I am a bit nervous, my home scales say 7lb down but I'm not taking that at all.
I was wondering if anyone who has weighed in already weighed of an evening? I always weigh more in the evening so I am really worried I won't get a good loss, also should I wait to eat until after? And just have something light in the day? Any advice would be great.
Much love x

Yes I weigh more in the evening, my group is at 7pm!! so I weighed myself in the morning and I was 18st13lb and in group I was 19st3lb so definitely a difference there, but you have to think that you always get weight at the same time i.e 7pm so it should be the same xx

I lost 3lbs in my first weigh in. I'm kind of pleased with that. My weigh in is at 6pm so I was -7 when I weighed at home this morning. Maybe I shouldn't weigh myself in between?

Well done on your loss.

This was my concern being a morning weigher usually I know by the end of the day i can weigh 3lb more than in the morning. My group weigh in is 5.30 so all i ate all day was a yogurt. Its bad i know but i wanted my loss to show good on the scales. This will probably be what i do every tuesday now.

- Smile, go on. Smile. Love Clare. x

Well done on your loss Newtaly :)

I'm an evening weigher too (7pm). I usually have a good breakfast on the morning of weigh-in and then that keeps me going until after group. I usually drink a few cups of peppermint tea too throughout the week and on weigh day to help with any water retention/bloating xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I just joined yesterday so it is all so new to me. I have just joined this site too as it looks to be an amazing resource for me to have! First day on slimming world so far! :)

Well done to everyone!!

I just joined yesterday so it is all so new to me. I have just joined this site too as it looks to be an amazing resource for me to have! First day on slimming world so far! :) Well done to everyone!!
Welcome, i am also a newbie only 3 weeks doing it x

I started on Monday so no idea if I've lost anything yet. Mainly just proud of myself for avoiding all the treats my mum brought round from her holiday to France on Tuesday (by avoiding, I mean forcing my partner to eat all the pain au chocolat and brioche he can stomach!) so hoping for a decent loss after all this self restraint...

Welcome, i am also a newbie only 3 weeks doing it x

Thank you, how do you find it so far?

I started on Monday so no idea if I've lost anything yet. Mainly just proud of myself for avoiding all the treats my mum brought round from her holiday to France on Tuesday (by avoiding, I mean forcing my partner to eat all the pain au chocolat and brioche he can stomach!) so hoping for a decent loss after all this self restraint...

Well done! :)

Welcome other newbies! I'm into my second week now, still loving it. Going to dig out my slow cooker this weekend because the recipes on the website for stews etc look so yummy! :D

Welcome other newbies! I'm into my second week now, still loving it. Going to dig out my slow cooker this weekend because the recipes on the website for stews etc look so yummy! :D

I'm doing the beef and red wine casserole in my slow cooker next week, I'm not much of a drinker but always used plenty of wine in cooking so nice to find a low syn recipe that I'll love.

Thank you, how do you find it so far?

Thanks, so far so good, I lost half a stone and I am eating lots of fruit and salad which I forgot I liked, pasta, cous cous, cooking without oil, controlling the syns and basically that's it. I have a bit of obsessive personality so I feel really focus at the moment, I kind of think about it like if it was a competition hahah

I have a bit of obsessive personality so I feel really focus at the moment, I kind of think about it like if it was a competition hahah

Glad I'm not the only one, I like to think just just a more tactical approach haha. Then again I'm an engineer so I'm quite analytical in every day life. I'm currently trying to rework my own recipes and work out the syns for them all /work out how to cut them down.Totally rocking my Saturday night ~_`

Hi everyone, are you all getting on okay this week? Weigh in for me last night and I lost 1.5lb, (9.5 in total) I wanted a little bit more but I am happy with that coming off a 8lb loss the week before, feel more determined this week as I edge close to the 13s, haven't been in the 13 stones since before I had my 8 year old. Excited.

Has anyone else had their next weigh in yet, how did it go? x

There's no need to starve yourself all day for an evening weigh in! SW advise strongly against doing this.

If you weigh the same time each week, so if you always go to evening meetings, your losses WILL show on their scales each week.

Forget what you weigh naked in the morning, of course it will be less than your evening clothed weight, but as at SW you're consistently getting weighed in the evening in your clothes then your true loss will show, have no fear. Your weight loss will still show if you eat normally during the day.

This weekend I wasn't so strict and nibbled on cheese while I was cooking. Come to think of it nearly everything I've made (SW friendly) had cheese in it this week so I'm not too sure how tomorrows weigh in will go.

I have however totally stepped up my fitness levels.

Joining you newbies if you don't mind.....I started up again on SW on Monday, so far so good...forgot how much I enjoy it! Previously been doing a no carb/dairy diet it almost killed me it was so boring!!! Made a chilli last night which was gorgeous, having left overs for dinner today!

Congrats on the losses so far all, I'm hoping for a nice 3/4lb loss on Monday....doing it alone for now so it's hard as scales are staring at me every time I go to the bathroom but determined to not step on them until Monday (I'm so bad with scales I shouldn't own them, previously I would step on them every day lol)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi Tig welcome to the post. Good luck on your mini 3/4lb goal i'm sure you will smash it. I am a weighing obsessive. I definitely jump on my home scales a good few times a day, it's so hard not too! I don't take anything as a given until my actual weigh in at group though.

Newtaly - How did weigh in go? I adore cheese, I find it extremely hard to give up!

Back