New Year Commitments

Great idea for a thread...

- I want to finally get to my target weight of 10 Stone. I did so well and got SO CLOSE in 2012 but have messed about this year on and off and put nearly 1.5 stone back on. I know I can do it, I just need to find my willpower and not let one bad day put me off. I get married in May so want to be very nearly there by then.

- I want to exercise more. Not going to say a specific goal because I say it all the time and I know what I'm like. I don't even necessarily mean full on workouts but just moving more eg. going for walks instead of sitting at the computer/in front of the tv

- I want to contribute to Mini-mins more. I'd love to be more involved but I find it hard commenting on posts, especially when people already seem to know one another so well!

- Say yes to going out with friends from work more. I've become a bit of a loner. I never feel like going out but whenever I do I end up having a good time!

- I want to read more. I used to love reading when I was younger and then kind of got out of the habit. Having my Kindle makes it easier now and I've already kind of started this one. Read nearly 6 books in the last couple of months, which is more than I've read in years!

I'm sure there's more I want to do but these are the things that immediately came to me!

I could've written that :D x

Great idea for a thread...

- I want to finally get to my target weight of 10 Stone. I did so well and got SO CLOSE in 2012 but have messed about this year on and off and put nearly 1.5 stone back on. I know I can do it, I just need to find my willpower and not let one bad day put me off. I get married in May so want to be very nearly there by then.

- I want to exercise more. Not going to say a specific goal because I say it all the time and I know what I'm like. I don't even necessarily mean full on workouts but just moving more eg. going for walks instead of sitting at the computer/in front of the tv

- I want to contribute to Mini-mins more. I'd love to be more involved but I find it hard commenting on posts, especially when people already seem to know one another so well!

- Say yes to going out with friends from work more. I've become a bit of a loner. I never feel like going out but whenever I do I end up having a good time!

- I want to read more. I used to love reading when I was younger and then kind of got out of the habit. Having my Kindle makes it easier now and I've already kind of started this one. Read nearly 6 books in the last couple of months, which is more than I've read in years!

I'm sure there's more I want to do but these are the things that immediately came to me!

Awww never be afraid to comment/post hunni people are so friendly on minis - thats how we all know each other just join in lovely x

Awww never be afraid to comment/post hunni people are so friendly on minis - thats how we all know each other just join in lovely x

Thanks. You're right everyone is so lovely. Its just me, I dont know why I just always feel really awkward joining in a conversation lol!

I always read comments but often find I'd like to comment but really don't know what to say, so I just 'like' that comment instead.

I've remembered another January Commitment, to do my best to learn Spanish (again), I've tried loads & loads of times, but if I just do an hour or so a week that should work, thing is I need somebody to talk to in Spanish.

Great idea for a thread... - I want to finally get to my target weight of 10 Stone. I did so well and got SO CLOSE in 2012 but have messed about this year on and off and put nearly 1.5 stone back on. I know I can do it, I just need to find my willpower and not let one bad day put me off. I get married in May so want to be very nearly there by then. - I want to exercise more. Not going to say a specific goal because I say it all the time and I know what I'm like. I don't even necessarily mean full on workouts but just moving more eg. going for walks instead of sitting at the computer/in front of the tv - I want to contribute to Mini-mins more. I'd love to be more involved but I find it hard commenting on posts, especially when people already seem to know one another so well! - Say yes to going out with friends from work more. I've become a bit of a loner. I never feel like going out but whenever I do I end up having a good time! - I want to read more. I used to love reading when I was younger and then kind of got out of the habit. Having my Kindle makes it easier now and I've already kind of started this one. Read nearly 6 books in the last couple of months, which is more than I've read in years! I'm sure there's more I want to do but these are the things that immediately came to me!

Oh bless you I so relate to a lot of this just pop over any of our diaries and say hello we would like to hear from you xx

I always read comments but often find I'd like to comment but really don't know what to say, so I just 'like' that comment instead.

I've remembered another January Commitment, to do my best to learn Spanish (again), I've tried loads & loads of times, but if I just do an hour or so a week that should work, thing is I need somebody to talk to in Spanish.

Im going on honeymoon in may to the Dominican Republic. I'd like to learn a little basic spanish myself before then as hola and gracias is about as much as I know.

Oh bless you I so relate to a lot of this just pop over any of our diaries and say hello we would like to hear from you xx

Aww thanks, I will do :) its hard sometimes when someones diary is already so long and you cant quite catch up on everything :)

Im going on honeymoon in may to the Dominican Republic. I'd like to learn a little basic spanish myself before then as hola and gracias is about as much as I know.

Yet again I've bought another 'Learn Spanish' CD:rolleyes: It was £4.99 from Aldi & so far looks quite good, I was tempted because it has a workbook with it, if you start to learn more & want to practice I'd love to practice with you.

Great thread!
I will commit to exercising more. I joined the gym in October and I do go but I do the bare minimum I can and don't need much of a reason to talk myself out of it. That will change.

Drink less- I don't drink lots on a regular basis but after drinking to excess last night and barely remembering midnight I don't want to get in that state again!

I also don't want to focus on the numbers on the scales, but hope the two above will take care of that for me

I like this thread... mine are:

1: stick to the flipping plan once and for all lol
2: increase my self confidence... OH says I'm a defeatist!
3: learn to like myself
4: go out with friends more
5: have a date night with the OH at least every other month... think we are both stuck in the rut of just being parents
6: to make sure I am not fat at 30... got 13 months to go!

Great thread! I will commit to exercising more. I joined the gym in October and I do go but I do the bare minimum I can and don't need much of a reason to talk myself out of it. That will change. Drink less- I don't drink lots on a regular basis but after drinking to excess last night and barely remembering midnight I don't want to get in that state again! I also don't want to focus on the numbers on the scales, but hope the two above will take care of that for me

Totally agree that numbers are not the only way forward hon x

I like this thread... mine are: 1: stick to the flipping plan once and for all lol 2: increase my self confidence... OH says I'm a defeatist! 3: learn to like myself 4: go out with friends more 5: have a date night with the OH at least every other month... think we are both stuck in the rut of just being parents 6: to make sure I am not fat at 30... got 13 months to go!

Good luck I think there a dew if us committed to making that quality time with our partners :)

I am going to commit to SW from this weekend, back to class tomorrow eve, post xmas weigh-in.
going to commit to reaching goal weight or within 7lbs of it by end of july (am getting married 5th August!)
going to look into getting contact lenses, had enough of glasses!
Need to get fit so am going to commit to actually using my gym membership :D

Back