New year, new me..... Finally

The constant sickness carried over to today so I had to call my consultant at lunch time. She reassured me that's it just my body getting used to all the vitamins etc in the shakes and suggested I diluted them down and split the packs in half so will try that tonight.

Still 100% though :) and snook onto the scales this morning- 8lbs off!! Although that was first thing this morning instead of at my consultants house in the evening, but still- that's half a stone and already into the 13's woop woop

Hope your all doing well xx

Brilliant! My bro felt really sickly on day 1 and our consultant gave the same advice about splitting the pack, also as he didn't feel he could have 4 packs in the day she suggested he 'doubles' soup for his evening meal, he's done that a couple of times. The sickness will pass....if you're anything like me I was putting rubbish into my body a lot! Takeaway, sweets and crisps galore so takes your body a while to adjust to it.
Well done! Day 5 for me 100% and im not hungry yeay :) xxx

Brilliant! My bro felt really sickly on day 1 and our consultant gave the same advice about splitting the pack, also as he didn't feel he could have 4 packs in the day she suggested he 'doubles' soup for his evening meal, he's done that a couple of times. The sickness will pass....if you're anything like me I was putting rubbish into my body a lot! Takeaway, sweets and crisps galore so takes your body a while to adjust to it. Well done! Day 5 for me 100% and im not hungry yeay :) xxx

Absolutely! I'm a carb lover so it's definitely taken me a while to burn my stores and get into ketosis. Hopefully I'll b there tomorrow! Woop woop for day 5 :D

Xx

Still 100% though**and snook onto the scales this morning- 8lbs off!! Although that was first thing this morning instead of at my consultants house in the evening, but still- that's half a stone and already into the 13's woop woop

:happy096::happy096::happy096: :clap: :happy036:

Bubbles!!!!!!! This is fantastic! Well done hon :D xx

Ps: I prefer to weigh myself in the morning instead of waiting for my consultant at 6:30pm (when I've had 3 of my 4 shakes AND 3 litres of water lol). In so so proud of you x

Well your always lighter first thing in the morning :) and who knows how much water I retain over the day so I'm defo going with the lighter one :) haha

I still miss food soooo much though, so I'm considering SS+....... Not sure yet though

Xx

Official weigh in only put me at 7lbs and a total of 4.5 inches off my measurements. So that's half a stone and I'm still a bit lighter in the morning and it's still TOTM so I'll take it :)
Onto week 2!
I'm still struggling with hunger though (think having lemon in hot water has knocked me out of ketosis :( ) and have decided to occasionally do SS+ -especially on days when I go to the gym.

How's it going LeedsVic?? Have you had your weigh in yet?

It's been a few days since I've talked properly on here so prepare for a long whinge :)

Saturday to Tuesday was really bad with sickness, TOTM etc. it was that time where I wanted to curl up on the sofa with a hot water bottle, mountains of chocolate with a film and takeaways on their way! Alas, no chocolate or takeaway or any other food passed these lips. Scales remained firmly as they were providing no glimmer of joy. Everything became overly dramatic.

So in search for something got and soothing, I turned to slices of lemon in hot water. This tasted amazing in comparison to cold water. And finally I started to feel better.... Until 3pm that day when I started getting really really hungry! This was worse than the first couple of days. Day 6 and surely I should have been in ketosis by now? Did the lemon knock me out of ketosis? Whatever it is it's awful!

So here I am finally back into ketosis (I think!) and switching between SS and SS+ (that extra meal is amazing!) by keeping my mindset in SS mode the extra meal almost seems like a small cheat at the end of the day. So today's been a good day - plus it's Friday! Onto the weekend where I've got every man and his dog round to repair my leaking roof - living in flats means that I've got the landlord, the estate management people and the roofers round faffing about (plus I'm going to need the ceiling replastered/painted etc). This is the fourth time in 18 months they've "repaired" this problem so I'm not expecting much.

Slight change of topic: I've found recipies to turn the soups into crisps and shakes into muffins-has anyone tried these and are they ok to use? Obviously, I'll need to take on extra water. But I thought we weren't allowed to cook the shakes etc?

Hope everyone's had a fab week :D xx

Oooooh sounds interesting, but although I've heard of it I haven't dared try it because until I do some serious work on my mental attitude to overeating is best I don't even begin nibbling anything...... Do let me know if you try it though xx

Ps: and well done for sticking to SS+ and not just going hog wild with misery when you felt poorly and gobbling everything in sight :D I found out recently lemon juice kicks you out of ketosis :eek:. Maybe try green tea next time? I've not had it, but ask around - I think it's meant to be okay?

Oooooh sounds interesting, but although I've heard of it I haven't dared try it because until I do some serious work on my mental attitude to overeating is best I don't even begin nibbling anything...... Do let me know if you try it though xx Ps: and well done for sticking to SS+ and not just going hog wild with misery when you felt poorly and gobbling everything in sight :D I found out recently lemon juice kicks you out of ketosis :eek:. Maybe try green tea next time? I've not had it, but ask around - I think it's meant to be okay?

I think it did knock me out of ketosis but the hunger pains were worse than ever so that's a constant reminder why I can't go off track. I've stocked up on fruit teas which seem to work ok- no starving hunger again anyway! Plus the scales are still falling slowly so that's a constant plus :)

Mentally I'm still doing SS so the plus meal is almost a cheat but I do find it's nice having something to look forward to at the end of the day. And the meals are actually quite big-a lot bigger than I expected. It makes shopping a nightmare though because you always need more than the portion size in the packets!

At the end of week 2 it's another 3lbs and 3 inches :) yeeey! And to think I've been building up to a carb blowout/relapse all week with cravings just getting stronger! Hopefully this will help keep me on track for this week :)

Other than that, this week has been going well. I'm into the routine of shakes and soups and doing SS+ really helps throughout the day when my tummy starts attention seeking. Just looking forward to something to eat is nice. However-tried the quorn mince tonight...... Will not be trying it again! It's just nothing like the real thing :( oh well, plenty of other things to choose from. They're actually quite big portions. I was expecting tiny amounts and having to invest in saucers to make it look bigger but they fill my dinner plate (granted I used to pile up the dinner plate).

Went out to the cinema last night and I bet the people around me thought I'd lost my marbles the way I kept leaning over the people in front smelling their popcorn! But I sat there with my water bottle and tetra chocolate shake. Saw 12 years a slave- very good film, but it's very harrowing and detailed, I left quite shocked -don't know why because there was nothing in there that I didn't already know. Still, the tetra pack was my saviour to sit and have something sweet while everyone around me was munching.

Oh and the best thing ever- remember those size 12 clothes I bought in the sales?? Well I can get them on!!! (Just) it's not particularly attractive, and I purposely got clothes that had a bit of give in them, but they get on and zip up :D feeling very smug about that :) still got a way to go before I can do the same with a pair of jeans (tried some old size 16 skinny jeans on at the weekend.... Definitely need longer for that one!)

Week 3 and I can finally have the bars :) can't wait!

Hope everyone else is doing well! Xxx

Sorry I've been away for like forever! The last 2 weeks haven't gone well but I'll start from the beginning...

Week 3's loss of 2lbs was slightly disappointing as I'd been 100% despite all the blondies & cakes being brought into work. So that Friday I caved when I was around dominoes pizza at my friends house. Despite the fail, I was glad that I had done it. I felt sick, bloated, heavy and I hated it! However, I only managed 2 slices of pizza-usually I would have happily had the whole thing plus all the extras! Since then I picked at things over the next couple of days-nothing big, just little things like a Jaffa cake or 1 or 2 crisps. But I still lost 1lb at the next weekly weigh in aswell as another 2 inches!

Had another slip the following Wednesday which lead to quite a big binge.... But I felt sooo sick for several days after! Clearly the effect of suddenly eating carbs again. But it was pure agony! Anyway, I thought I was on a breakthrough after that. I wanted to eat healthily just because it made me feel better, not because I "should". Then my parents dropped by to stay....... Now there's several reasons why I haven't (nor want to) told them about the diet which I won't go into here. So that was another several days off plan :( along with the agony of eating carbs again!

To top it all off- I've woken up this morning with an awful cough and bad throat. So instead of thinking "what a great day to get back on track drinking loads of fluid while I feel too sick to want to eat anything", I've just completely felt sorry for myself and tried to comfort eat.

So here I am, still feeling completely sorry for myself and searching for my motivation to get back on track :(

Hope everyone is doing much better than me!
Xx

Bubbles - welcome back babes. Seems we all failed in one way or another - see my diary for gruesome details- but we're still fighting it, we're in it to win it and win we will. Onwards and upwards, we can and will do this!

Back