Newbie after tips !

Hi I'm just starting out too. I started on Monday with a dd, tues and weds were up days, thurs down and today (fri) will be an up day. I'm really hoping this works as I just can' face ww or sw anymore :(

I'm like you I have 2 children and all our meals are home cooked, so its quite hard. I am just going to tell my sons I'm not hungry and that I'll eat my dinner later when they are bed if they ask. Yesterday was a dd for me and cooking diiner for them was excruciating (they had spaghetti with chicken in a pesto cream sauce!)

I want my WI day to be a friday so this morning I was 2lbs down, not bad after 2 dd and 2 up. Obvs next week will give a more accurate reading as it will include weekend. I am going to follow Hannah's schedule as I found eating on dd hard, the calorie counting isn't for me, niether is going to bed ravenous! Good luck and let me know how you get on in your first week!

Regarding eating with Family why not have a soup or something when you want to eat with them. You can make lovely home made ones very low calorie. You can tell them you are not hungry because you had 'X Y or Z for lunch or with a friend etc and are not hungry. Or save your calories for the evening meal & tailor your meal to the 4-500 cals from what they are having by piling on the veg!

hannata said:
Yep I'm still losing steadily. On my fast days I'm nearly always consuming some sort of calories. Usually in and around a hundred. (as i have a few cups of tea with milk) I have eaten on a few occasions and it's not had a major effect. I do believe that some people on here have found that eating your down cals helps rather than hinders weight loss. x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry, if you dont mind me asking, after the end of the 24 hr fast do you have the normal dd 500 cal or you count it ad start of the UD?

chryssa said:
Sorry, if you dont mind me asking, after the end of the 24 hr fast do you have the normal dd 500 cal or you count it ad start of the UD?

At the end of my 5-5 fast I start an up day.

I count my 500 from 5-5 and I don't really count on ups. So for example if I start my fast tonight, I have 500 calories for Sunday dinner, Monday breakfast and Monday lunch. Monday dinner is an up, I don't count cals for it.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you very much for the reply! I tried my first 24 hr fast and I'm quite pleased with how it went. I only had a slim a soup for lunch and then black coffee and herbal tea throughout the day. Will be doing it every Sunday & Monday from now on... :)

chryssa said:
Thank you very much for the reply! I tried my first 24 hr fast and I'm quite pleased with how it went. I only had a slim a soup for lunch and then black coffee and herbal tea throughout the day. Will be doing it every Sunday & Monday from now on... :)

Nice one, that's a pretty good example of a fast xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back