nibbling my way thru the queasy!

hello hello!
im hoping everyone has had a good weekend...i have a bit of confessing to do here on the diary but i cant do it at the moment...will have to wait until tomorrow, im afraid. ((same goes for catching up and replying to everyones posts/diaries))...there's something super funky going on with my internet connection this weekend. perhaps its the nasty weather. in fact, i'd be willing to bet my techie hubby has changed settings on my laptop. hmmmm better get to the bottom of it.
anyways, i'd hate to type out loads and it not stay connected...oohhh how frustrating would that be.!??!
ok gnite yall! will catch up tomorrow...

ok so last week started really well.
only 2 days into my dieting week, i stopped my BC pills. and right on cue, literally the next day, i woke up with heavy duty bloating, cramping something rotten!! i hadnt felt cramps like that since before fynn was conceived.

anyways, im not using it as an excuse, but somehow i managed to find comfort in my menstrual cravings. and i did eat. but looking back on it now, i didnt go crazy, i didnt let it get outta control. like when i caved in to having chocolate, i only had 3 squares (small squares). in the past i probably would have consumed the whole 250g bar!

also, my M.I.L. invited us over for a Thanksgiving Day Dinner on saturday evening. ((WARNING! I'M ABOUT TO GO ON AND ON ABOUT FOOD!)) i made a couple side dishes and dessert, all traditional american thanksgiving foods. it was very nice of her to offer and put it together, as i've been terribly terribly homesick lately. anyways, i had a little of everything. more turkey & green veg, less of the sweet potatoes, and no bread/rolls. i also had a sliver of the pecan pie i made. and i didnt feel guilty about it at all. i felt i had control over my intake, control over what i put on my plate. and as i slowly ate my meal, i savoured the flavour instead of inhaling food like i used to. it felt good. i know my system probably went into shock for the night, not knowing what to do with all these foods and calories in one go! lol

the next day, and since then, i have been perfectly back on to SS/CD. i feel really good that i had the meal...not because it felt like i had an excuse to gorge on foods i shouldnt eat, but more so i feel good because of how i handled it. im proud of myself for it.

And that brings me to today's weigh in. :rolleyes:
no loss.
NO GAIN! woot! (it probably helped that i maintained my water intake.) but im not complaining about it. im pleased.

and so starts another CD/SS week.

since i have had thanksgiving dinner, it totally changes my xmas eating plans. we have decided to just have xmas day at the hubbys fathers home. with alll the step siblings, half siblings, gchildren...wow its going to be a full house. and i will not eat anything that is not a protein. well, a lean protein, that is. skinless chicken or turkey. ((and if its not on offer, i'll have my shakes with me as a back up)). they all know im dieting. and i wont be given hassle for it.

well, they dare not say anything after i've come this far, dang it! lol

anyways, off to prepare dinner for the wee one. hope you are all well and i will try my best to keep up on my diary this week...as well as mooch around new CD'ers too! must pass on the good CD vibes of encouragement, as i have received thus far!

Last edited:
Hello Dis,

Just popping in to say hello. I lurk around these parts and have admired your weight loss, but at today I am. You look wonderful and you are very talented.

:D

Good Night & Thank you

pcthanx.gif

hello hello!
so its turkey day back at home. im feeling a bit low...:::sigh::::
the homesickness has returned. but nevermind that. it soon shall pass.

on another note...
i have only a few days left of my CD packs. the hubby and i got to talking last night about getting pregnant, dieting, etc. and we both agree that i shouldnt be SS while trying, seeing as my body (in theory) is in famine mode and we dont want to risk the inability to carry in the first weeks. sooo, im riding out my last few packets, and incorporating food. like this morning, i had a very sensible breakfast, for lunch i will have a CD packet, and for dinner i'll probably have a packet with a green veg or chicken or something.

Also, so far, i've been recording everything i have eaten. i would like to think i can keep this up because i know if i have a visual of the days' intake, im more likely to curb the eating. sometimes (in the past) in evening time, i may go for a treat or a graze in the fridge and say to myself: oh this little bit here yadda yadda yadda, wont hurt. its like i have completely blanked alll the foods and grazing i had done earlier in the day. so, im incorporating "daily food notes".

i am also going to consider joining WW to lose the last stone while we're trying to coneive. i will still be eating healthy stylie, and i hope that i will retrain my mind and mouth on how to eat. ;)

As of this morning, im at 165 lbs!!!! wow...70lbs down!!! 5 stone!!!! i cant believe it myself. so, saying that, i've worked wayyy to hard to come off the diet and pile it back on!!!

we have a really nice fitness centre in the village here and the bonus is there isnt a contract to sign, its month to month and i can pick and choose my visiting hours/plan. will have chat with hubby and see if we can fit that in now that im not paying for CD...and since its interchangable and non contract, i can change my visiting times should i get prego, and when it gets too much...does that make sense? it does in my head. lol ((obviously im not going to be working out when im heavily pregnant, but perhaps they will have a yoga class or something)).

soooo, im now in the browse on the WW web page. want to see whats on offer, and the programs, etc. I will still be here on MiniMins. i'm not going anywhere anytime soon! still have a stone to lose, after all. ;)

and on that note, i have a birthday cake to make for tomorrow!!! ((and no, i will not lick the bowl!))
lol

hope you are all doing well!! happy thanksgiving...errr....to those of you who celebrate it. ;)

ciao!!

wow dis, Im so excited for you... finishing CD and trying for a baby. 5 stones is an incredible amount of weight to have lost and if it helps you to conceive then it will have been worth the struggles.

Good luck with WW. I am loving it, and although im not losing quickly, it is preventing me gaining any of the weight i have lost so far. Its great being able to eat again!

And the gym thing sounds perfect. No contract to sign so you can cut out the strenuous exercise once you are pregnant.

Dis, I truly am so so happy for you. xxx

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.....and thanking you for being there over the past couple of weeks inspiring me, encouraging me and listening to me...love to you and your family at this time.

and......wow!!!!!!!
5 stones!!!!
way to go girl!!!!!!!

I think that your decision to start easing off is very sensible if you are planning on trying to conceive any time soon. And your food diary or ww plan sounds like an excellent choice to make sure that you don't ('cos I know you won't) undo all that you have worked so hard for over the past couple of months. The gym and gentle exercise, especially yoga will really help to keep you lean and supple.

Your control over the past couple of days, faced with a Thanksgiving feast and making the healthy choices goes to show us all that you can practice this self-control and still lead a normal life.

good on you Candice, I know that I don't know you all that well, but I feel that I am so proud of you!

Chat soon xx

Dear Candice,
Hope that all is well with you this week and your food introduction is going smoothly. I hope the practice run up to baby number 2's conception is going well too!:giggle:

Was just re-reading your last post on my diary, and you know that my biggest fear is introducing food. I'm so scared that my Christmas plan of slowly introducing food and then trying to get back on 100% when I get back here is going to fall flat. I know that Kay, the friend who introduced me to VLCD's in the first place is having a lot of difficulty getting back SS. She lost about 6 stone but has about another stone and a half to lose, but, I think 'cos she looks so great now, it's so difficult for her to get the will power to go back 100% :sigh:

I think that, if I don't do too much damnage over Christmas, I'll need to stay on CD for another 2-3 months to get to goal.

I've never had an aam week, is it really important that you do that? When I was reading about VLCD's before I started this, most doctor advice was that you stay on for 12 weeks, have a break then if you need to restart, do so after that.

Anyway, enough :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: from me on your space!
Hope that little Fynn is doing well and the grumpy phase has passed.
Take care

Helllloooooo! i've popped in to dust off the cobwebs from my dairy!

Righty, where to begin...?
ok, so i've been off CD for about 2 weeks now. WW online core plan for all of last week went well. the first week off CD, i seemed to hold on to my weight better than i thought i would do, only gaining 2 lbs. and this last week, i wasnt really naughty with my eating...but i wasnt as strict as i couldve/shouldve been. PLUS i seemed to have forgotten alll about the need for 3L of water...and its another gain. but thats ok!! you may think otherwise, but, seeing as my main focus is to maintain with a 5lb leway either direction ~ i think i've done pretty well!

i was doing the core plan last week (for those who arent aware) that means i can eat unlimited amounts of the right/nutritious foods with a weekly points value to consume the slightly higher calorie foods. its definitely for those who are trying to maintain. but i think i'm going to try to push for a couple more pounds off before xmas so i've changed to the Points plan. more-so, so get me back down to my 165. and 2nd, i want to give both plans a chance to see what suits me best for now.

im doing well otherwise! everything's getting alll xmassy and im luving it!! i will be joining the gym in the village next week. i've been a couple times over the last week on my friends' membership, like a buddy pass sorta thing. i really enjoyed being there. which is a first. when i was mega-heavy and had joined a gym, it felt like a chore...and i was always self conscience as we do get. ((why is that??? gyms are full of slim fit people trying to keep fit, but when a fatty walks in to work out he/she gets glared at??))

well i have to say that i dont really feel like im being glared at soo much anymore. its a nice feeling. it really is.

on another note, ((this may be tmi)) we're officially "trying" for bebe #2. i stopped the pill november 14 i think, been taking precautions.
but its all go now. woohoo!!! im so very excited. i know it will be hard work, but very much like dieting/CDSS, in the end its worth every single last bit!

ok i really need to end this here. my first 1.5 L of water has just hit me! and as we say in the states: I have to wee so bad, my back teeth are floating!!

haaa!

take care everyone. sorry this is so long, but i guess its what i get for not posting in a week.
ciao my little dieters!!

Lots of Chopsticks (Kuai zi), Peanuts (Hua Sheng), and sunflower seeds (gua zi) Thrown your way Candice.

Would you like to know what I'm talking about?

In a traditional Chinese wedding, those things (amongst others which symbolise different things like enough food and wealth) are spread around the new couples house to encourage fertility. (6 years after we got married, I still find grains and rice in the bath and bed! I'm really not that dirty, we just down live in that house and only go there during holidays once or twice a year!!!)

The Kuai as in chopsticks also sounds the same as the kuai as in quickly
The sheng as in peanuts also sounds the same as the sheng as in
give birth
The zi as in sunflower seeds also sounds the same as the zi as in
offspring

I like what Sam had to say about your new exercise regime, so very, very true!!!! ;)

I'm glad your not fretting about the couple of pounds gain, really if you're trying for a baby, you shouldn't be starving your body of ay of the essential nutrients and fats. I think that sensible eating using WW is gonna work very well for you. Sorry, really don't want to sound too preachy, just want to take care of you, your current and future family!!!!:)

Thanks for the compliments you paid when dropping by my diary btw,always welcome, always, always, always!!!:D I am VERY excited about our up coming trip, we fly out for London on December 17th. Daddy will pick us up and we should be back in little old Blackwood by tea-time!! Can't wait!!!!

You take care and shall speak with you soon.
Love
Pxx

Hi there, I was wondering how you are getting on in the conceiving :giggle: department.

Hope all goes well for you both, will look forward to you posting in the pregnancy without the pounds forum

gooood monday morning everyone.
i have such guilt for not popping in lately and reading up on how everyone is doing!!! so im terribly sorry!!
i do miss you all oh so much. heck, i even miss SS! lol

just a kwik dieting update...well, not dieting. just trying to keep the gain to a minimum at the moment. i know i have gained a substantial amount...maybe ten pounds. im afraid to look. however, im still fitting into my trousers that i was wearing at the end of CD. i've been soooo busy baking up a storm for people and events and now just starting to get things ready for xmas. omg i still havent wrapped a single thing!!
what a busy week this is going to be so i'll say now: i probably wont be on very much (once again) til after xmas.

wow, i went waaaaay off the subject there! heheheh
ok back to dieting:
im still paying for the WW online. and im finding it difficult to stick to the core plan points allowance. i get 21 points per week, and theres a list of "core foods" that i can eat as much as i need/want. its just that things like a couple crackers with soup or wholemeal toast with olive oil spread (everything measured!!) ...these things add up fast and before i know it, i have used a 3rd of my weekly points in a day!! yikes!!

a bonus with the weekly points is that i get more based on the weekly activity that i do. the perfect/only solution is to get down there and join the gym like i wanted to. ((have been going a couple times a week with my pal here int he village)). i am waiting til the 1st of jan or towards the end of december because the gym has an odd billing system...dont want to go on about that as its a total snore fest. lol))
i knwo what i need to do: if i want to eat a little more of the non-core foods, i need to get off my backside and join the gym. hehehe

ok, so i cant say get off my backside, cos i have been very busy with baking, shopping in town, running around after fynn, etc.

my WW week starts afresh today. i am waiting til my tesco delivery arrives to have my points free breakfast. i will have to focus on it like i did with SS: day to day.

soooo, on the baby makin' front:
nothing yet. still trying. and man o man are we trying. ((is it wrong of me to say or feel that sometimes it feels like a chore?)) hehehehe.
maybe in all fairness, it feels that way only when im knackered and cant get properly into it, but dont want to miss an opportunity. ...know what i mean?

last night, i started a ...well, TOTM. its been lurking, i mean with cramps and such, for a few days now. i knew it was coming. im a little sad. but hey, its ok. its only mid december. i still have a few days of optimum fertility in another 12-14 days. ;) i am hopeful to conceive in december. but i will just keep trying til it happens...no matter the month.

i'm thinking i need to focus more on conception....like totally relax and meditate on it after the deeds are done. no, i wont go as far as standing on my head or anything. lol swimmers are strong enough with out the added gravity. :p

ok i can tell this is going to go into something it shouldnt so i'll stop here. i do hope you are all ready for xmas/holidays. ;)

i will chat with you all very soon!!!

xooxoxxoox

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

i do hope you all had a loverly xmas as well! mine was nice, but the run up to xmas day (about 2 weeks prexmas) was chaotic, busy, hectic...im pretty sure my point was made. hhehehe

i had loads of cake orders PLUS worrying about cooking and baking for xmas day at the in laws. PLUS bday cakes, a couple reallly nasty rows with my coo-coo mum in law (havent spoken to her since then -16th dec and thats totally fine with us), and two weeks of fynn being ohhh so unwell. i think i was ready to cancel xmas altogether! it got to a point where i almost just said: im just gonna curl up under my duvet and hubby, just wake me up on the 1st of the new year, ok?
::::sigh:::::
however, it passed. we all got thru it. and allll is well.

well... errrr....
well, except my old habits. yes yes, the eating ones. ya know, i havent weighed myself in over 3 weeks. im terrified to!!! i know things have been crazy crazy with me and that may have been the reason for me slipping back into old habits plus all the treats around me...but i didnt want to use any of that as an excuse to gain so much weight. (not sure how much i've put back on). im guessing a stone. easily. actually...im not sure cos i still fit in my clothes from when i stopped CD. but only just, though! im surei could pop the button if i tried hard enough. heheh

i have been avoiding Minimins as well. and i know its because i knew i would have to face what i've done...fess up. but i just didnt want to. instead, i just keep going to the cupboards and fridge. im trying my best NOT to beat myself up. and instead, just keep going and REALLY REALLY try and focus on sticking to my WW online that i've already paid loads for.

im going back to california to visit for easter and i'd like to be relatively slimmish still. i can see it now: my family and friends picking me up at san francisco airpirt, seeing me come out of the customs/arrivals. one would probably slyly say to the other: i thought you said she lost a ton of weight??!
LOL
and i just cant be having any of that! hehehe
i havent even visited my daily WW online food journal and points tracker. what a mess i've been. ive been eating cos i'm bored. eating cos its there. eating cos its xmas. and eating cos im busy. at the end of it all: they are just excuses. and from 1 day to the next, its always the same thing - i'll get back on my WW tracker tomorrow. be good as gold" but then i have 1 blip. 4 blips, etc. and its the return of a very very very vicious cycle.

now, i have to give myself a wee bit of credit though. on xmas eve, i properly joined the local fitness centre/gym. and i've certainly made it worth while! i go every chance i get! and i stay for a minimum of an hour each time. PLUS i heard they have a creche in the mornings so im hoping that gets going again now that the holiday season has passed. i must say that i LUV going to the gym. its soo unlike me. ok ok i should say: its sooo unlike the fatty, old me. the one from the past. but wow, im luving it now. i think its because i know i wont ever let myself get back to that person. ((although i feel like ive come close over the xmas season. hehehe)). i feel better that im burning calories.

soo, i wont call it a new years resolution. ((i think that only sets me up for failure)). so i'll just say tomorrow (since there's not a lick of junk in the house) i'll get up, have my bran flakes & skim milk...go to the gym. maybe burn a few more by walking around and getting a little bit of retail therapy in. heheh...but most importantly, i will really really give it my all. i will track my foods online as well.

im so ashamed of how i've behaved over the last few weeks. now that i've vented and fessed up, im hoping i can make a clean start.

))))))))>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<((((((((((
righty...on another note ((and i know this is going on and on and on... but i'm making up for not posting in ages!))
baby making and all that messy fun stuff...
its been a daunting task, this attempt at baby making. heheheh
it has its fun times, but it can sometimes feel like a chore. this week ive been allegedly ovulating so i've been cracking the whip on the hubby. i never thought i'd hear him say it but after the first couple days, he said in a painfully tired and numbing voice: "no noooo noohoo hoo hoo! i cant! i just cant! i need a break! its going to fall off..."
i laughed.
and i gave him a few hours break. hahahah.
and as of last night, i realised i could be over fussing about it. so ive calmed. and have taken on the fact that its gonna happen when its good and ready to happen. i've chilled. ;)

ok. this has turned into quite the little novel. i think i'll waddle my full tummy up to bed, turn on the telly and watch a film. have an early night.

again, i hope you all had loverly xmas and new years partying!
ciao 4 now!!!

happy new year Dis. I dont think you are alone with over indulging over the festive season. I know I have eaten more than i should but am back on the ss wagon today and have just completed day 1 successfully.

PMSL at the baby making progress. poor hubby. makes a change for them to say no though eh!!

And well done on the regular going to the gym. It will really help with your maintenance.

Candice sweetheart, Happy New Year to you. I'm so sorry that I haven't been here for a while to chat with you, and I'm so sorry that the run-up to Christmas wasn't as wonderful as it should've been. I hope that Fynn is doing much better now, and I hope that all of the hard work before the Christmas day has left you feeling productive rather than too exhausted!!!

As with the MIL, I'm sure that things will calm soon...that's if you want tem too!!! :rolleyes:

On the over-indulgence, please, please don't beat yourself up, get on those scales. Whatever the outcome say to yourself, 'ah well, it was Christmas' and get working at it's removal! I'm so envious but delighted for you that you've got yourself to the gym! There's a wonderful gym, swimming pool and tennis courts in my apartment building, all free, so I must get myself off my butt and there! Went walking a few times when we were at home with Mam and Dad, really enjoyed that, so I think me and Eiriana are gonna go for a walk (or a swim?) this afternoon!

I went through the same thing with the Baby Making thing when trying to conceive with Eiriana. I truly believe now though that just relaxing and letting it happen is the best method...so much easier said than done though I know!!!! Good luck and I hope that this month sees it happen for you!

Love to you and your family Candice, look forward to hearing from you soon!

Love

Dear diary,
...oh i cant start the post with that!! LOL feels like im 14 again, putting everything on paper in my little diary...wait, i think by 14 i was "too cool" to have a diary. so i called it: writing in my journal. hehehe

ok so i dont know how i got on that silly rant ...on with the post...

on the diet front, well, the lack there-of, its been a scary ride, folks. every morning, as i go into the kitchen to make breakfast for me and the boy, i tell myself i will stick to low fat/low calorie eating today. and as i have my usual bowl of bran flakes or shreddies and a piece of toast with olive oil spread, i only hope that the day will go smoothly.

but as the day goes, i think the boredom slips in...the boredom eating i should say. its not every day. most days, i eat like "normal" people eat. not over doing it. ((wait, is that normal??))
but once in a while, i'll go crazy.

i still go to the gym, minimum of 3 days a week. and i work my a*s off too! uppoer body weights and a few of the cardio machines...and i recently had an evaluation with a trainer and was educated on what programs i should be doing on like the treadmil. instead of doing the usual ten minute courses, i now do 20 minutes wearing the heart monitor so that i keep my heart rate up and at a constant pace. its pretty hectic and the gradient goes up to 12 :eek:... but i get on with it and sweat the place down! i do enjoy it!

plus im sure it keeps some of the guilt at bay.

i dont know how anyone could ever be successful on any other diet besides CD! since going thr CD, and now trying to stick to WW...wow. its a struggle. ((not trying to doubt WW or SW because not every diet it for everyone, as we all know too well!))

like i keep reminding myself...its ok, im making a baby. i can always restart. but MUST NOT. GAIN. IT. ALL. BACK!

and on that note, i must leave for now. im supposed to meet my mate at the gym in 15..and i still have wet hair! eeeeek!!!
luv and motivation to you all..
persperation for me (at the gym of course lol)
xoxo

dis, it sounds like you are maintaining pretty well, and all this exercising at the gym must be helping with your weight control. Not to mention all the extra *exercise* you will be getting with trying for bebe. I bet you are really shaping up nicely now with all this hard work you are putting in.

Hope everything else is going well for you. Im back on Cd now trying to shift this last little bit and so far so good. xx

Hey Darling,
Firstly, lots of love your way for the 14th....fingers crossed for you guys!

On the diet front, I reckon you're doing enough exercise to keep off the odd cracker or two. You just shout this way if things get too out of hand though, and we'll point you in the direction of the photo gallery and the beginning of your diary to turn your bad habits straight back around and march them out the front door!

Love to you all Candice, catch up with you later!

Back