nibbling my way thru the queasy!

Day 6...feelin plumpy

good morning. just like the title of this post says, im feeling icky and plumpy so far today. and i know it has everything to do with the fact that i'm on the flow :raincloud:as of yesterday. It may be no big deal to most, but i haven't had a cycle since october 2005!!! ((got pregnant december 2005, delivered in september, been breastfeeding up until last week...I had forgotten what having a flow is like! i knew i hsould have kept hold of my heating pad! hmmm, where did i put that hot water bottle??))

So, with this going on, i suppose my loss will be effected this week. I stepped on the scale this morning, not expecting much but down another pound. that brings me to 12 since monday. woot.

its all great motivation to keep up the resistance!

ok well i thought i'd post a little something here while i have a few minutes to spare! (the baby is contently playing in his HiChair at the moment..but i can tell it will be short!)

well, i weighed myself this morning...and after a few days of having the flow, i still managed to lose another pound, bringing the total loss to 14 pound! a whole stone, in 7 days! woot!!!

im so very pleased! its great motivation to keep going for another week...((its easier to think in the short term for me...))

i'll be curious to see how the weight drops off in the 2nd week. i understand it wont be anywhere near what i lost in the 1st week. but still, i'm happy to lose 3!

i was browsing through the Before and After photo thread...there's an updated photo of a CD'er called Bunnycd...im totally taken aback to see her results. she looks wonderful! completely different shape than me, but starting at about the same weight. she's done so very well for herself and i can only hope to keep sticking to it so i, too, can post my before and after pics sometime.

ahhhhh its all so motivating!
tomorrow, i will take my measurements to see about the inches lost. woot! woot!

hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!
be strong!
ciao!

Just something worth mentioning in my diary...

Shortly after giving birth to my Fynn, my husband and i both agreed that we should be getting healthier and taking care of our bodies. If not for ourselves, then now more than ever for our child!

So, he would quit smoking and i would lose weight. It was a mutual deal. Not ready to give it up just then, he said, "You lose 1 stone and i'll stop smoking." Needless to say, i only gained a handful more pounds and has done nothing but shove food down my neck since...still getting exercise in the meantime so not gaining much BUT not losing anything at all...

well, as mentioned in the previous entry, today i am 1 stone lighter after a week on CD/SS. And the hubby hasn't been out to the garage at today for a ciggie. :smoke: And that he has even stuck to his end of the deal, i'm so very proud.

...just thought i'd make note of it...

Congrats Candice!

14lbs and hubby sticking to his end of the bargain. That's what I call a result!

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Dis
Official Weigh In Day, And I Just Baked Banana Bread.

This morning i weighed myself, seeing as its my official and all that. No change at all today. BUT STILL, :D 1 whole stone gone already! woot! I think the reason could've been because i didnt drink much water yesterday. :confused: well, im trying to make more of an effort today with the fluids. i know its late but im nearly to 4L.

It's 10:35pm and i've just thrown together my homebaked Banana Walnut bread. I thought it would be a huge test of my own resistance. ((im a chef/baker by trade and its just...well, what i luv to do!)) and of course, every time i have baked at home, i taste the batter..ok, i EAT some of the batter..hehehe...and of course plenty of the finished product)) This time, i didnt even lick a speck off my fingers or spoons! woot!

I have plans for every little bit of it...and its not staying here at my house! heheheh. Some for the toddler playgroup mummies in the morning, some to go to the office with the hubby, and the rest to go to the in-laws to nibble on when they head to Concert For Diana, this saturday. ((lucky buggers!)) And NONE OF IT goes to me. :) i just keep telling myself: "I've had this before...i know what it tastes like....i'm not missing out on a new flavour... " :drool:

On another note, I have officially gone off the soups. i tried every one avail and at first, i had a couple fave's. but it seems i cant even stomach them for the most part. sooo, i;ve just asked for 5 of the ONLY one i think i can have, very very sparingly, Spicy Tomoato. i purchase my sachets in 2 weeks incraments, so 5 will do for those odd 'need-4-savoury' moments.

ok i think i'm just rambling on and on now...its late. i'm tired. the house is filled with banananananan bread aroma. its devine. i will settle with 'tasting thru smell' for the time being. At the end of the day, i want to look and feel good in my skin ((and in cute clothes)) much much more than i want to eat banana bread. ((thats what i keep telling myself..))

Goodnight for now. hope all is well for everyone else....

and i hope Morphing is doing alright, whereever she has gone off to. :)

Hi Dis

well done on losing a stone in your first week. that really is fantastic, Also well done on resisting the banana bread. I love baking but havent put myself through that torture since starting CD. I am very determined but dont know if I could resist freshly baked bread or cakes.

Heres hoping you have a successful week 2.

yum to the cooking my mouth is watering here

well done on the stone gone for ever
i hate the soups
20929jxx67vqndm.gif

i`m sure they were invented by the devil himself
yukkity yuk

you are doing great
keep up the good work
kaz:D

Thanks kaz. well done on your loss so far. how are you finding the diet, seeing as you are further into it than i am.?

Today i am really really really hungry. i'm wondering if i had one hard boiled egg, would it be an issue, seeing as its protien, no carbs and only 80 calories... the shakes aren't seeming to do much for me today...usually its no problem... oh wow...the hunger is driving me mad! coo coo , coo coo!
HELP!!

Dis, I was exactly like you on day 7 - I couldn't believe it. I got weighed in the morning and was ecstatic at my loss, and then by mid afternoon I was ravenous.

I don't suppose an egg would hurt you too much if you feel you really must and its better than a complete cheat or binge, but why don't you just distract yourself first for an hour and then if you still desperately need it, have it. You might be able to talk yourself out of it in the next hour.

Stay strong Dis. You know you can do it.

Just something worth mentioning in my diary...

Shortly after giving birth to my Fynn, my husband and i both agreed that we should be getting healthier and taking care of our bodies. If not for ourselves, then now more than ever for our child!

So, he would quit smoking and i would lose weight. It was a mutual deal. Not ready to give it up just then, he said, "You lose 1 stone and i'll stop smoking." Needless to say, i only gained a handful more pounds and has done nothing but shove food down my neck since...still getting exercise in the meantime so not gaining much BUT not losing anything at all...

well, as mentioned in the previous entry, today i am 1 stone lighter after a week on CD/SS. And the hubby hasn't been out to the garage at today for a ciggie. :smoke: And that he has even stuck to his end of the deal, i'm so very proud.

...just thought i'd make note of it...

Congratulations on your 14lbs. off :wow::clap:

And well done hubby for giving up the ciggies!!!:clap:

As for the hunger feeling it is only natural that you would feel hunger as normally we celebrate an achievement with food and drink and losing a stone in weight is a huge achievement along with hubby sticking to his word and giving up the ciggies, this can trigger the same old need to have food to celebrate.

The hunger your feeling is psychological hunger so try and do something to distract yourself, write a list of all things you want to achieve in life, go for a walk...

Nibbling activates the need to eat more and more...makes it very difficult to stay on the wagon.

Love Mini xxx

dis i have almost finished week 10 i still get hungry days
it`s the little voices in your head saying come on eat
my tummy doesn`t need the food its my brain playing tricks
all i can say is keep buisy
post on here or anything to keep away from the fridge
dont eat the egg
as soon as you nibble on something it wont be long before you will be eating more than an egg
slippery slope picking

good luck mate stay positive and dont nibble
kaz :D

why don't you just distract yourself first for an hour and then if you still desperately need it, have it. You might be able to talk yourself out of it in the next hour.

Stay strong Dis. You know you can do it.

well, that is definitely what i did do. :) i faffed about with laundry, as that is always a never ending chore (9month old in the house)...and then i moved on to something else. needless to say, i didnt have the egg. :)

i'm pleased that i held out....

just a little note to Kaz, Mini, and Sam...

thank you so much for the encouragement, as usual you have helped me "save the day". hehehe

i'm finding today so much easier...will have to enter a proper diary post soon...gotta put the baby to nap first. thanks so much again..

hope you are all doing well today and can feel the pounds melting away!
ciao!!

busy days...baking away!

Right! well, i haven't been able to properly post for a couple days because i've been horrible busy with the school in the village. they have put together a little funfair sort of thing and i guess they are doing a bake sale table and have asked me if i would contribute, seeing as baking/cheffing is what i do.

Mind you, i don't even have kids that go to the school yet but i do attend the toddler playgroup twice a week, and usually iarrive with cakes or cookies or whatever i could whip up the day before.

I'm very thrilled to contribute to the cause! But yesterday, i was approached about throwing together a last minute cake for a "Guess The Weight" sort of game. the winner gets the cake of course. i've still got to finish putting the frosting on...eeek!!

ok ok ok
enough about food, i know its the last thing you all should be hearing about at the moment. hell, you think thats difficult? try making it and NOT tasting or eating the finished product! i keep calling everyone and saying: i've baked this would you like some!

((it cant stay in my house!))

Now, about the weight loss...

So the new "week" started on monday for me (the dieting week). I lost a stone in the first week and i've been slightly fearing how the weight will be lost ...

i've been weighing myself every morning, same time. so far, since monday, i've lost 3lbs. for some reason, i expected a little more. And i also have to look at the positive side and know the the "week" is only about half over...3 more days til the next weigh day.

I've been doing very well so far, in terms of not nibbling, etc. I have, however, started to find it a little tiring consuming soooo much water. But i MUST remember what Chunkychicken said in a different post/thread:
The More you Drink, The More You Shrink!

So,
on that note, where did i leave my 2L water bottle??? hmmmm ... ;)

i'm off to frost the cake!
hope everyone is doing well today!
ciao 4 now.

Back