No More Monster Munching ... [Week 7: 10lbs lost]

That sounds amazing. I am going to do that this weekend! Thank's very much! :)

Great, I'm doing EE so I guess that wouldn't matter for me? Thanks again.

Had a chinese takeaway for tea tonight - lovely, just a chicken chow mein with (lots of) prawn crackers for 13 syns. Perfect Friday night treat. :)

I'm doing my first Park Run tomorrow - a free, timed 3m run. They're all round the country. Really looking forward to it. Be a nice change to running a marathon!

Sounds lovely! And very controlled!!

I used to run (only little ones, nothing like you!) but I hurt my knee snowboarding in February and I've been to scared to go running since in case I make it worse.

My best friend is training for the Edinburgh marathon though so I'm living through her at the moment!

Running is great, good for the soul I think. You should get back on it - just take it easy to start with and you will be fine. :) I have done the Edinburgh half marathon, really nice race. Especially the beers in the pubs afterwards. :)

First Saturday on the plan and has been decent. I think! Got up early, banana and a muller light, then did the Park Run - did the 3m course in 30:19. I then went to IKEA, which meant I needed an antidote to countract such an awful thing, so I basically used up all of my syns on a pint of real ale and packet of crisps, an indian takeaway (plan rice, chicken madras) and a slice of vienetta. Ooops. (I had eaten very well all day though). Oh well. A nice couple of syn free days and then the Weigh In on Tuesday.

Bit nervous about tomorrow's weigh in. I've had to go slightly off piste due to been away from home quite a bit, but, I'm still very hopeful of losing. I think the first week is always going to be a learning curve anyway and I'm slowly getting into the swing of things.

Good luck with your weigh in im sure you will do great have my first one since re joining on Thursday

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great :)

Thanks!

Well, wow, I wasn't expecting that. I lost 7lbs this week - SEVEN POUNDS! That's half a stone! Delighted with that. Is it normal to lose such a big amount in the early weeks? I have a lot to lose but just wondering.

If I can get to 18st something next week I will be at my lowest for about 3 years. Brilliant. :)

That's a brilliant loss! Well done! I think it can be normal if it's a big change in diet - it's all your hard work though! Keep going, you should be really proud of yourself :)

Have you set yourself some mini goals?

Many thanks, it feels very good. And yes, it's definitely a big diet change.

No mini targets as such, just my 10% and then 1 stone increments down to my target weight of 13 and a half.

I'm cycling to work today and tomorrow too, which is 5 miles each way. So hopefully it all helps. Got a friend coming over for tea tonight and it's gammon and eggs with SW chips plus veg.

Thanks!

Well, wow, I wasn't expecting that. I lost 7lbs this week - SEVEN POUNDS! That's half a stone! Delighted with that. Is it normal to lose such a big amount in the early weeks? I have a lot to lose but just wondering.

If I can get to 18st something next week I will be at my lowest for about 3 years. Brilliant. :)

I lost 13lbs in my first week. 13. I nearly fell off the scales :)

What a great start - it's really inspiring to know you can actually eat proper, tasty food and still lose weight!

I lost 13lbs in my first week. 13. I nearly fell off the scales :)

What a great start - it's really inspiring to know you can actually eat proper, tasty food and still lose weight!

13?! Wow! Thats brilliant. Looking at your stats it seems to have slowed a little but you're still making solid losses on it?

13?! Wow! Thats brilliant. Looking at your stats it seems to have slowed a little but you're still making solid losses on it?

Yes, I was never going to lose 13lbs every week :)

I think if I average it out I'm still just about at 3lbs a week over the 14 weeks, and I'm more than happy with that! I know it will slow down as I lose more but that's ok too. This is a way of eating that I can keep up. I don't feel deprived and I don't feel like I'm on a diet.

Back