No More Monster Munching ... [Week 7: 10lbs lost]

Yes, I was never going to lose 13lbs every week :)

I think if I average it out I'm still just about at 3lbs a week over the 14 weeks, and I'm more than happy with that! I know it will slow down as I lose more but that's ok too. This is a way of eating that I can keep up. I don't feel deprived and I don't feel like I'm on a diet.

That's great, I'm aiming for 2.5lbs a week, which I think will be achievable in the early weeks at least. I'm hoping all the exercise I do has a positive effect too.

Thanks!

Well, wow, I wasn't expecting that. I lost 7lbs this week - SEVEN POUNDS! That's half a stone! Delighted with that. Is it normal to lose such a big amount in the early weeks? I have a lot to lose but just wondering.

If I can get to 18st something next week I will be at my lowest for about 3 years. Brilliant. :)[/QUOTE
well done you thats a great loss and I think it spurs you on for the next week x

Thanks guys, yes, it's a great motivator for next week. Had a morrocan chicken salad for lunch. Just trying to work out the syns now!

I'm pissed off with myself.

Really can't wait until I'm 18 stones something, so after yesterday's 12 miles cycle ride and a good day I stupidly weighed myself this morning in the hope I'd be 18st something.

Turns out I've put on a pound.

Bugger. :(

Ignore it and don't look again until next week. It means nothing! And certainly is no reflection on all of your hard work.

Thank you - I hope you're right. Just peed off with myself. Cycled to work again today so thats another 12 miles in the bag for the day.

Does ones weight fluctuate quite a bit then?

Really can't wait until I'm 18 stones something, so after yesterday's 12 miles cycle ride and a good day I stupidly weighed myself this morning in the hope I'd be 18st something.

Listen - weight fluctuates. It does that all the time, naturally and there's no rhyme or reason to it. It's not until you start paying (too much!) attention to the numbers that you realise this :) Exercise can also make your muscles grab onto water while they recover. Also, if you're excersing, you can drop inches off your measurements without losing a pound...what do they say about lies, damned lies and statistics? :)

We all do it, but honestly - sneaky peaks between official weigh ins are (in my opinion) almost always a bad idea!

DO NOT be discouraged! I went away for a weekend a while ago and weighed myself on the Sunday to discover I'd put on three pounds :eek: Those three pounds coloured the rest of my week, I thought about them a lot and they affected how I ate until weigh in day (Thursday). When I finally weighed in officially they'd gone. Despite a lovely weekend away, eating and drinking off plan I had stayed the same. If I had not weighed myself on the Sunday and just got straight back on plan I'd have been delighted with a STS - instead I was worrying about all sorts of needless things.

Carry on regardless!

Listen - weight fluctuates. It does that all the time, naturally and there's no rhyme or reason to it. It's not until you start paying (too much!) attention to the numbers that you realise this :) Exercise can also make your muscles grab onto water while they recover. Also, if you're excersing, you can drop inches off your measurements without losing a pound...what do they say about lies, damned lies and statistics? :)

We all do it, but honestly - sneaky peaks between official weigh ins are (in my opinion) almost always a bad idea!

DO NOT be discouraged! I went away for a weekend a while ago and weighed myself on the Sunday to discover I'd put on three pounds :eek: Those three pounds coloured the rest of my week, I thought about them a lot and they affected how I ate until weigh in day (Thursday). When I finally weighed in officially they'd gone. Despite a lovely weekend away, eating and drinking off plan I had stayed the same. If I had not weighed myself on the Sunday and just got straight back on plan I'd have been delighted with a STS - instead I was worrying about all sorts of needless things.

Carry on regardless!

This is a brilliant, informative post, thanks so much.

Yep. For a woman it can fluctuate by a few pounds throughout the day, I assume it's the same for a man if not more?

The cycling is brilliant - keep going with it :D just make sure you don't end up eating the wrong things after because you're so hungry. That's my problem with exercise - I become a bottomless pit and undo all of my hard work in 10 minutes!!!

Thanks, I think I'm doing Ok food-wise after exercise, got plenty of fruit and brough a couple of boiled eggs to work! I've never been as hungry as I've been those first few days though!

Hands up i've been guilty of being a serial weigher this time though I've noticed my home scales are different to those at club so I'm trying to stay away from them. I'm sure they talk to me each time i walk past them though hahahah :)

So, another decent day. 10 miles cycled and stuck the plan. I am maybe not filling my plate with 1/3 superfree though, that is my only worry.

Another 5 miles cycled today and another good day on the plan. Only used 34 calories so far this week too.

I'm not sure If I'm being an idiot but for the first time since I started this I feel a bit lighter!

Hey think you are a good omen lost 7lb first week too what are we going for week 2 hahahah

Hey think you are a good omen lost 7lb first week too what are we going for week 2 hahahah

Great stuff! I think 4lbs would be a nice amount to lose next week?!

Id love 4lb but I get scared I may be pushing my luck ..

Back