No More Plain Laura Jane

Oooh I fancy chilli now! I wonder if I have any mince in my chest freezer, I will go out and look in the morning. The tots can have fish fingers and chips seeing as they haven't had that in nearly 2 weeks. I'll give the big boys a choice...

After eight muller sounds lush, is it a free one?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Hun,

Just had a quick read through of your diary. I was the same, I lost about 3 stone at the start of the year, went to Key West for a month and then dilly dallied around on my return, and am almost back to my starting weight, America is definitely a difficult place to diet!!

Your food this week looks really good, and I know you can do it, it's just hard to get your head completely in the game, especially working in an office (I'm sure they were created by an evil force to make people bored and overweight).

Good luck!
XxX

That's why we call it the ONS ass! You get there and your ass expands!! :lol: Second day off on the sick! I feel like such a fraud since I'm not really ill, just can't handle sitting at my desk and the associated pain! I've painted my nails to try and cheer myself up instead of turning to chocolate for breakfast!

Food Diary - 30 September
Plan:
Extra easy

Breakfast: 2 x wholemeal bread (400g)(HexB), 2 fried eggs. 1tbsp Asda chosen by you Tomato Sauce (1) and a banana

Lunch: Slimming world curry and mixed frozen veg over pasta.

Afternoon snack: Apple & satsuma

Dinner: Cod & s.w chips, broccoli and mashed carrot & swede. Muller light & pomengranate

Syns: 23g Twix (5.5) & Sour Cream and Onion Pops (4)

Last edited:
Have you been to the doctor at all? Definitely doesn't sound fun!

I think if it's still sore tomorrow I might go. I think my boss would expect me to go too if I'm staying off! I guess if nothing else I can get a scribe for stronger ibruprofen and some tips on how to allieve some of the pain. I got accepted onto a team yesterday and my first training is supposed to be tomorrow but if I'm still off sick I don't think I can go! :(

I think if it's still sore tomorrow I might go. I think my boss would expect me to go too if I'm staying off! I guess if nothing else I can get a scribe for stronger ibruprofen and some tips on how to allieve some of the pain. I got accepted onto a team yesterday and my first training is supposed to be tomorrow but if I'm still off sick I don't think I can go! :(

Is there any position that hurts less? Could you stand up to work? Or get any of your work done from home?

I hope the pain eases and at least if you go the docs it will be logged that you have been.

Well done on the chocolate avoidance :)

Is there any position that hurts less? Could you stand up to work? Or get any of your work done from home?

Lying on my front hurts the least. I tried working standing up yesterday morning but I was getting back ache from leaning over my desk. They can't just be risen apparently, you need to put in a business case to get a standing desk and it takes up to 6 weeks! And I'm a PA so could only work from home if I had a laptop but they took that off me after my temporary promotion! It's ridiculous isn't it?

Last edited:
Lying on my front hurts the least. I tried working standing up yesterday morning but I was getting back ache from leaning over my desk. They can't just be risen apparently, you need to put in a business case to get a standing desk and it takes up to 6 weeks! And I'm a PA so could only work from home if I had a laptop but they took that off me after my temporary promotion! It's ridiculous isn't it?

That's an issue with normal desks, too high to kneel, too low to stand so we have to sit on our bums all day! Could you ask them for a laptop if you're going to be off?

I might have to. Chances are it would take them all the time I'm off to get me one!! LOL

Oh office life, I'll not miss it when I eventually break free!! We get so fed up we eventually just give up or buy stuff ourselves! :p

I know! Stupid thing is I shouldn't feel guilty about not being in! Its the first time I've been off sick since January 2013!

You've definitely earned your time off!

I always feel so guilty though! I'm terrible!

Food Diary - 1st October
Plan:
Extra Easy

Pre-breakfast: 1/2 grapefruit

Breakfast: Linda McCartney Red Onion and Thyme Sausages x2, Bacon, scrambled egg, mushrooms and beans. A banana

Lunch: Leftover chilli on pasta with frozen veg

Dinner: SW Chicken curry with rice and frozen veg

Syns: Pops (4) & a twix (5.5)

Last edited:
I hardly did any snacking yesterday which is a little weird for me. I've woken up this morning and haven't had much of an appetite either. I'm back in work, in agony but off for lunch and a massage this afternoon in the hope that helps a little. I hope my appetite comes back before lunch!

Food Diary - 2 October 2014
Plan:
Extra Easy

Breakfast: 1 normal slice of wholemeal bread & baked beans.

Lunch: Absolutely nothing slimming world friendly on the menu so I had pate, bread, pie and cheesecake!

Last edited:
Well done on yesterday. I am trying to cut snack to a minimum and completely stop if possible.
I hope work isn't too painful but lunch and a massage sound lovely :)

Awww no. Isn't it frustrating!!! Maybe next week will be your week :)

I hope so. Straight back on it today, no cake at the retirement do I'm attending later (no wine either) and I've got training tonight too!

Food Diary - 3 October
Plan:
Extra Easy

Breakfast: 35g Bran Flakes (HexB), 350 ml skimmed milk (HexA) with strawberries & raspberries

Morning Snack: Banana, satsuma & 1 small chocolate biscuit (2)

Lunch: SW Chicken Curry with rice & veg

Dinner: Gammon with s.w chips, green beans and an egg

Syns:
Arrgghh I was really nibbly and had quite a few small cakes too. I'll compensate by having less syns the rest of the week.

Last edited:
Back