Not giving up on losing weight

Hello Everyone,

Have been AWOL for a couple of months so hope you are all good xx Fortunately although I fell off the forum wagon I have stayed on the diet wagon and am chuffed to bits that I got my 10 stone award this week :):D:woohoo:Still a hell of a long way to go but already feeling much healthier and happier and am down from being squeezed into a size 32 to a comfortable 22/24....so nice to be able to get some new clothes although getting a bit expensive now...am dreading the credit card bill this month!

On target for ending the year with a weight that begins with the number 1 which hasn't been the case for about 15 years so fingers crossed :sw140:

Hi Vintage - sorry I've been awol - but just look at your brilliant progress!!! 7 stone is so fabulous, really really excited for you! xxx

Hi Susie, The AWOL thing must have been catching haha Thanks, am pleased to hear from you and that you are ok, gonna pop over to your thread in a bit and see how you doing xx

Hi,
I'm New to the whole forum thing. Never done this before lol. At my wits end with the whole dieting palava, now at my biggest ive ever been and just about to embark on a new dieting regime ...yet again . Just read your thread and can i just say you are obviously doing so well and i am so in awe of how much you've lost so far. You've given me a huge kick up the arse to get rid of my 98lbs. I hope I'm writing on here soon my first stone off, of what feels like many to go. Seems almost impossible. Keep it up. Your amazing.
Nikki
Xx

Hi Nikki

Sorry didn't get back to you sooner. Thanks so much for your words, it's really nice to hear from people and I'm always happy to indirectly give a metaphorical kick up the arse to anyone lol. You sound me, tried every diet going and yes it is really hard. I hope you did manage to get that first stone off and if not don't give up, you will get there in the end. Take Care xx

10 stone what a massive achievement. What is your target? I'm feeling good in the 19s but clothes sizes don't seem to be dropping quickly. How long did it take for you? X

10 stone what a massive achievement. What is your target? I'm feeling good in the 19s but clothes sizes don't seem to be dropping quickly. How long did it take for you? X

I'm aiming to get to 11 and a half stone which is towards the upper end of the healthy weight range for my height which is probably a bit ambitious given I will have to lose 18+ stone to get to it but I never thought I would get as far as I have now so will keep going as long as I can. Has taken 8 months so far. In terms of clothes sizes I think it took about 4 months to drop to a 28 and then a further 4 to get to a 22/24. In fairness though although I was wearing a size 32 at my biggest I would think I was actually a bigger size than that as could only fit into the loose fit styles and they were tight on me :oops:. Had to lose about 5 stone to drop down to a 28. Have always thought dress sizes are strange though as build and body shapes make such a difference to the fit of clothes as people of similar heights and weights can sometimes be a couple of dress sizes different.

Congratulations on your loss so far, am sure you will be wearing a smaller size soon and then as well as losing lbs you could be losing £'s on new clothes haha x

8 months that's amazing. I'm hoping the sizes come off quicker as I get smaller. I already have so many clothes. I have 2 suitcases of clothes that are too small for me because I buy them with the intention of slimming then give up. So I have a whole new wardrobe under my bed lol. Ranges from size 14-18.

Hi ellie
you have done amazing and im so proud of you hun you will be the new next year and your in the right mind to im going back to mine next year i left due to personal reasons x x x

Hi Hun. Wow! I'm in awe! I've just started and I'm the same weight you were when you started. It seems so daunting but to hear how well you have done has really motivated me. Thank you & massive well done! I look forward to reading more about your journey x

Hi everyone, hope you all had a lovely christmas and Happy New Year to you all. Hope 2017 is a good one for us all x I had a great christmas and new year and stayed on plan, big thanks to my mum for cooking me a SW friendly veggie xmas dinner :) At SW we had to set a christmas target a couple of months ago and back in Oct I said I wanted to get under 20 st. Am pleased to say I actually managed to get to just under 19st!!:D Haven't been a weight with a 1 in front of it for over 15 years so feeling really proud of myself and very motivated to carry on. Have been trying to be more active too, mainly just walking but have built up to an hour most days and brought myself a cross trainer as a christmas present, can only manage between 5 and 10 mins a day at the moment but hope to build that up.

It's little steps but considering 9 months ago I just used to collapse on sofa when I got home from work and stay there till I went to bed this is a big change for me :)

:sw154:

Hi Hun. Wow! I'm in awe! I've just started and I'm the same weight you were when you started. It seems so daunting but to hear how well you have done has really motivated me. Thank you & massive well done! I look forward to reading more about your journey x

Thank you so much Tuttifruiti, it's not been easy but tbh it hasn't been as hard as I thought it was going to be either :) Wow you are a brave person starting a weight loss plan just before christmas, how are things going for you? I understand why you feel daunted when you have a large amount of weight to lose like me. When I first started if I am honest I didn't think I stood a chance of succeeding in terms of getting to a target weight. I decided to take the view of any loss is better than nothing and to keep going as long as I could. I think its harder when you are really big because there is no real visible difference for a long time so staying motivated can be difficult but for me all I can say is I am so pleased I carried on and now there is a real visible difference it really spurs me on when other people comment on my weight loss. I also feel so much healthier already too, it's weird but I don't think I realised just how tired and unwell I was feeling all the time when I was at my biggest and without wanting to sound like a cliche from a diet magazine lol, I really do have much more energy now. I know I still have a long way to go but actually believe that I could get to goal :)

I wish you the best of luck with your weight loss and look forward to hearing how you are doing. The people on here are really lovely and supportive (and great for recipe and food ideas) so if you need some extra support you are in the right place. Good luck and Happy New Year xx

hi ellie hopr you had a lovely christmas love x x x x x

Hi Chezz,

Happy New Year! I had a great christmas thanks and hope you did too xxx I went down to Bristol to stay with my family for a few days at christmas and bless my mum she had brought all these diet friendly foods for me so no problems staying on track. Back to work for me tomorrow but have had a lovely break so can't complain. Hope you have a great 2017 in terms of weight loss and everything else.

Take Care xx

Happy New Year Vintage - and fab news about your amazing loss!!! You are really inspiring to all of us who have a big amount to lose.

Any tips on what you like most about SW, etc?

Hey Susie, happy new year to you too! Did you have a good Christmas? How are things in lovely Italy? Hmm that's quite a difficult question about what I like most about Slimming World. Tbh I put off trying SW for a long time because I was well aware of the 'unlimited amounts' of certain foods element to it and didn't think that would be a good idea for someone like me, lets face it I didn't get to 30st by eating limited amounts of anything at all lol! So when I decided to give it a go I resolved that I would only only eat unlimited fruit and veg and would measure amounts of things like pasta, rice, potatoes, quorn etc. So I kind of adapted it to fit my personal needs for a diet and am kind of doing half and half SW and calorie counting but not strictly on the latter.

I think it does help me knowing that if I am feeling particularly hungry and really want a big plate of pasta or something I can have it and don't experience the 'I've blown it feeling' which in the past always led to me taking the view of well since I have already blown it I will also eat everything that isn't nailed down! I follow the healthy extra and syns part of SW but tend to use syns as part of meals as for me 'treat' foods are trigger foods that I really struggle to eat in minimal amounts so I try and avoid temptation completely. I have also tried to up my protein intake, I think like a lot of vegetarians I know I have always had a carb heavy diet and I still have carbs with pretty much every meal as I love them but have increased my protein intake. Don't know if that has made a difference but something is obviously working!

I had a lovely Christmas and NY thanks hun - although it was all about food! Things here are great - lovely weather at the moment, although snow is forecast - but that's fine too, the cats and I will bunker down indoors and keep warm :).

That is really interesting - portion control is absolutely my biggest problem, I can overeat for England! So i like your idea of unlimited fruit and veg. I'm CCing at the moment, but SW is never far from my thoughts...also really like your idea of using syns as part of the meal. I think the whole treat concept for me just leads me into overdoing it :rolleyes:.

I had a lovely Christmas and NY thanks hun - although it was all about food! Things here are great - lovely weather at the moment, although snow is forecast - but that's fine too, the cats and I will bunker down indoors and keep warm :).

That is really interesting - portion control is absolutely my biggest problem, I can overeat for England! So i like your idea of unlimited fruit and veg. I'm CCing at the moment, but SW is never far from my thoughts...also really like your idea of using syns as part of the meal. I think the whole treat concept for me just leads me into overdoing it :rolleyes:.

I'm with you on the portion control issue, to be frank I am a right greedy cow! I think it's partly visual/psychological for me too, I like to see a big plate of food in front of me so it helps to really fill my meals out with fruit and veg so there is still loads of food, even if 50-60% of it is fruit and veg :rolleyes:

I also am no good with limiting treats, I really admire people who can eat just 1 or 2 biscuits, or pieces of chocolate etc but it's something I have never managed to do so I prefer to play it safe. Besides whilst I think the concept of 'free' food is great, I think little extras such as sauce, gravy, extra cheese etc can turn a nice meal into a great meal which helps keep me on track :)

Back