Old school SW or Current plan at home?

mrsmac247

Hi everyone, it's been years since I've been here. I was originally on EE back in 2009 where I managed to loose 1.5 stone in time for my wedding in 2010. As the years went by I kept some of the SW principles but of course totally back peddled!

Fast forward and another child later, PTSD and a range of life, I've been diagnosed with diabetes type 2. I spent just over a year on a LCHF diet and lost just over 2 stones and was feeling like me again, until just before christmas, where the carb creep and walked all over me, now I'm back to where I started just over 14st.

I've decided to give SW another try but more than likely will be doing it online, before I spend the subscription I got into thinking, having learnt some lovely recipes and incorporated them into our families meals on LCHF would I be better off trying to follow the original red day plan at home if so, would it be worth signing up online then? In addition I have all my old books for EE as well as the original red and green days plans and food directories. Have things changed that much over the years, would I need new books?

Thanks for helping

I'm personally doing it from home from what I remember when I went to a group before. But it depends on if you feel you would have the motivation to do it yourself or not. Also if you need the extra syn information etc.

I find it easy enough doing it at home. I have books from 2014 which are probably out of date now anyway. I'm doing it from memory at the moment anyway because I can't remember where I put my books!
I get a lot of info from this site. If you study people's food diaries, you can see how many hex b and a, you can use Google to find speed and free food lists and also Google syn values which usually directs you to someone's post on Minimins anyway.
It's working for me anyway as I'm losing.

Back