One SW day at a time

ps. Can I have the recipes for the soup and the kedgeree please??? x

Thank you! It is my first week back on plan though so it'll slow right down - believe me I'm a bl00dy tortoise!

OK, recipes!

The red lentil and bacon soup is adapted from BBC - Food - Recipes : Low-fat bacon and lentil soup here. I halved the oil and used those bacon medallion thingies which have all the fat trimmed from them and are a bit chunkier. I also dry fried an extra couple of them and cut them up to go onto the top of the soup at the end. I blitzed about 3/4 of the soup in the blender rather than a half as I prefer my soup quite smooth. I got 2 bowls of soup (as a main dish) out of this plus an extra smaller "starter" bowl.

Here's a pic of my version - I wonder if this will work :rolleyes:

Red lentil soup.jpg

The salmon kedgeree (it was supposed to be smoked haddock but I had salmon in the fridge waiting to be used) is out of a SW magazine - I'll dig it out and post it up for you at the weekend. :D

Saturday! Hoorah!

Quite difficult to calculate my Syns so I think I'm just going to guess at about 40. I've got some clawing back to do :wink:

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs with celery salt, coffee with almond milk (half A)

Lunch - Salmon kedgeree. Melon and pineapple fingers.

image-211608070.jpg

Dinner - Half a poppadom, nilgril chicken tikka (yum), plain boiled rice, chicken manchoori, 1 tbsp saag bhaji, quarter of a chilli naan. Delish! 2 x amazing ginger and passion fruit vodka martinis. Yum yum yum.

So, a day of self flagellation (now, now!) awaits. I was planning on making some pizza tonight but they're a bit too syn-ny so I'm flicking through my recipes to find something fun and syn free. I've already made up some raspberry SF jelly and am slow roasting some tomatoes for some soup but I have no idea what to make for this evening. :hmm:

Last edited:
Sunday.

I had such a lovely day yesterday that I'm sad it's over, and the daft thing is that I didn't really "do" very much at all. I did some pottering in the kitchen, had a mani and pedi and watched The Great Gatsby and Django Unchained. All in all a lovely relaxing time, which I think I might have needed as today promises to be far more hectic.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast 1 - Yoghurt with rolled oats (2.5). Coffee with almond milk (A)
Breakfast 2 - Salmon kedgeree

Lunch - Spicy Mexican bean soup.

image-2535361157.jpg

Dinner - Pan fried venison with spicy celeriac chips (B for oil), cavolo Nero and green beans. YUM YUM YUM! SF jelly with raspberries (1)

image-2537885380.jpg

Snacks - Tangerine

Total Syns - 3.5

Off to a party this afternoon so I'm just trying to decide what to eat before I go - it's a bit tricky because the party starts at 4pm :eyeroll:

Monday.

No lottery win so back to work, although this morning doesn't feel too dreadful as I've enjoyed my weekend so much. :)

Yesterday's Food - Green Day.

Breakfast - French toast (B) with warm cherries and greek yogurt. (2 for butter, 1 for golden syrup) Coffee with almond milk (Half A)

french.jpg

Lunch - Massive jacket potato with beans and cheese (B and half A for cheese)

beans.jpg

No dinner - Vodka was my dinner (15ish)

Snacks - None!

Looking forward to a booze free and 100%-on-plan couple of days until Wednesday when I'm bl00dy going out again. ARGH. Next week will be much quieter.

Last edited:
Tuesday

Pancake day! I will not be partaking of pancakes today.

Good 100%-on-plan day yesterday I was STARVING though so ate more than I usually would. Did a sneaky peek this morning and I've got a STS (well, I've lost 0.2lbs ;)), I'm not too worried to be honest as I have been out twice this week - and I'm out again tomorrow night :cry:. Roll on next week when I'll be able to get a full 6 days on plan!

So I've got a busy day ahead of me workwise and I'd better get on with it!

Yesterday - Extra Easy.

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs. Coffee with almond milk (A). The eggs did that really annoying thing where they are impossible to peel. :mad:

egg.jpg

Lunch - Spicy mexican bean soup

Dinner - Roast chicken, celeriac chips (B for oil), salad. TWO puddings :eek:, SF jelly with raspberries (0.5) and then warm cherries with Greek yoghurt and 1 tbsp golden syrup (2.5). :drool:

chicken.jpg

Snacks - Mugshot, apple, tangerine, hazelnut latte.

Total syns - 3

Last edited:
Wednesday.

I think it's the first day of Lent today, I'm not planning on giving up anything else or I'll have nothing of enjoyment left in my life at all! ;)

* week continues to drag on - WTF? I was looking back at my old diary and noticed this happened the last time I started on SW so I can only conclude that cutting out the fat and crap must mess with my hormones - either that or the menopause is about to show it's hairy face. :eek:. Nooooooooooooo!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Crunchy bran (B) with almond milk (A). Coffee.

Lunch - Oh nasty. LF Supernoodles with roast chicken breast and mixed pickle (2). I'm not sure what I was thinking to be honest, but it was quite nice as a one-off filthy lunch. :D. I was super thirsty for the rest of the afternoon and evening though so I think those things must be loaded with salt - never great for weight loss.

nasty chicken.jpg

Dinner - Baked salmon with fennel, braised baby cabbage with bacon, new potatoes.

image.jpg

Pudding - Warm cherries with Greek yoghurt and golden syrup (2.5). I'm addicted to this. :rolleyes:

cherries.jpg

Snacks - Lemon drizzle alpen bar (3), banana and custard muller light, pineapple

Total syns - 7.5

Last edited:
Hey there

Your food certainly lives up to your username (except for the supernoodles!)! The pics are fab and the warm cherries, greek yog and syrup combo - ding dong! Are the cherries frozen ones? I saw a packet of fresh cherries in M&S, a really small pack for £8 something! They were plump lil buggars, but £8!!

Well done for not partaking in pancakes, very strong indeed. I don't think I would have resisted if everyone else had some! I do think if I had children, I would be even bigger than I am - I tend not to buy things as I know I will woof them down, if I had to buy stuff for the children, that would also get woofed down....so, in my warped mind, there lies another reason not to have kids!

EIGHT QUID? :faint2:

No, I get mine from Asda Buy ASDA Morello Cherries (350g) online in ASDA at mySupermarket* They're quite tart but I like that. You can get frozen cherries in Sainsbury's as well and sometimes they're on 2 for £4 or similar offers. Honestly, that pudding is just sooooo good. I'm going to try and have it with agave syrup instead as that will take it down to only 1.5 syns.

My boys are teenagers now so I would be hard pushed not to keep some "rubbish" in the house, but I do try to keep it to a minimum.

Last edited:
Thursday! Ooooo, come on weekend!

I had a total result yesterday when my friend and cancelled our night out. :stickdance: I know that sounds horrible, but I really didn't want to have a THIRD night out this week. So instead I cooked dinner and sat down and finally caught up with the first episode of Sherlock. I can't believe I've let it sit on the Sky plus planner for so long, but I wanted us all to sit down together and watch it. Mission accomplished! Planning now on watching the second one this evening and the last one tomorrow.

I had a yummy day of food yesterday, I trundled down to our local Waitrose in my lunch hour as I had a craving for some sweetfire beetroot. When I got there it has only flipping well closed down. OH! The Humanity! :( There are rumours abound that it will be replaced by an Aldi, which will be good but I'm going to miss my occasional forays into the wonders of Waitrose. I'll be forced to Bluewater now which is always a great strain on my purse. ;)

So, onto the grub.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Banana porridge (B) with coffee and almond milk (A)

Lunch - Potato and bacon salad (1 tbsp EL mayo - 1) with cold baked salmon and watercress and spinach salad.

salmon.jpg

Dinner - Harissa turkey (0.5 for paste), smoked paprika celeriac chips (2 for oil), asparagus, courgettes. Greek yoghurt with warm cherries and syrup (2). Must stop eating this!

turkey.jpg

Snacks - Pineapple, raspberry muller light, hazelnut latte.

Total syns - 5.5

On the agenda today - er, work then home then dinner then Sherlock.

Friday, you big beautiful ba$tard, give me a kiss!

WI day - 3lbs off! :woohoo:

I am so surprised! Delighted but really shocked. I've never had such large losses before and somewhat predictably, I'm starting to question whether my scales have gone mad rather than being happy and proud that I'm doing so well. :rolleyes:. No doubt I am storing up some STS for the next few weeks so I might as well enjoy the scales while I can! This loss means that I have hit my mini goal to get into the 12's. I am setting my next mini goal to lose a stone. So that's 4.5lbs to go.

SUPER motivated to get another really great week under my belt. I'm out for a boozy lunch with my two best friends and partners tomorrow, the place we're going is really not SW friendly at all. I've had a really good look at the menu but I'm at a loss. There's no salads and the only vaguely reasonable choice is steak, which I'm having tonight!

Yesterday was a good day. I almost cleared my desk - got a bit to do this morning and then I can take it a bit easy this afternoon :snoopyhouse: - cooked dinner and watched the second episode of Sherlock.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs. Coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Tuna salad

Dinner - Chicken, spinach and tomato curry with rice. (2 for mixed pickle). Quark with chocolate cherry options (2.5) and cherries.

chicken spinach.jpg

Snacks - 2 x lemon drizzle Alpen bars (B), hazelnut latte, pineapple, tangerine

Total syns - 4.5

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]

mahooooooosive well dones winging their way to you on your tremendous loss!!!!! whoop whoop!:happy096: whatever youre doing....keep on doing it as it obviously works for you ;)
food menu looks lush.....so many nice things to choose, Cod seems a good healthy choice too - enjoy! ooooh just noticed you have 500 posts now....you should be allowed into the silver members diary area where I am :) xx

Thank you!

I will be heading on over to your diary in a minute - looks like I've got a bit of catching up to do! HAHA!

Saturday! Hooray!

So, yesterday I just sort of floated around on a cloud of joy. popped into ASDA and grabbed some bits for my breakfast this morning and had a quick look for the BFree wraps - no luck.

Cooked dinner then had film night with DS2. I resisted drinking wine - in fact I didn't even really want to! - and had a yummy dinner. All in all, today was a good one.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Greek yoghurt with fresh pineapple. A banana. Coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Leftover chicken and spinach curry. Rice. Mixed pickle (2).

Dinner - Sirloin steak, Actifry chips (half B for oil), tomatoes, butter mushrooms (half B for butter - TWEAK!). Greek yoghurt with raspberries and syrup (2.5)

image-4032410170.jpg

Snacks - Cherry muller light, vanilla spiced latte.

Total Syns - 4.5

Last edited:
Sunday.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch! Yesterday was completely awesome! It was so lovely to see my friends, but I drank farrrrrrrrr and away too much, lots of delicious cocktails but it was all a bit too naughty!I did manage to stick to my plan of what I was going to eat though.

I'm having a green day today as I'm famished after only eating a little bit yesterday.

Breakfast - 2 x WW sausages (1), bacon, fried egg, baked beans, tomato, mushrooms. YUMMO!!

image-3757327866.jpg

Lunch - Roasted cod on butter beans and chorizo - I asked for just a little wee bit of chorizo. I also had half a chorizo scotch egg. :drool: Naughty! I had half a bottle of prosecco, and then a Bloody Mary, and then we went somewhere else and I had two brilliant cocktails, then we went to the pub and had another couple of vodkas and THEN we went somewhere else and had more cocktails. :eek:. Oh so bad!

cocktails.jpg

Total Syns - I literally have no idea!

On the agenda for today. Slow death punctuated by eating lots of yummy SW friendly food.

Last edited:
Back