OOPsie roll>

I have all the ingredients now (is Philadelphia ok?) but need to find a muffin tin!

I hope its ok, TT as Ive brought that also. Muffin tin? I brought a baking try to dollop them onto. Do I "need" a muffin tin or is this something that will make the job in hand easier?

Woofy X

Mine are in the oven now :)

To be honest Woofy, unless I did it wrong, the mixture is really quite runny, so a baking tray wouldn't contain them.

oopsie.jpg

pmsl what a disaster!!

I used philedelphia, also morrisons and tesco own full fat soft cheese, it is all the same really.
I also just dolloped it onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
I like them to be flat like bread rather than muffin size, but you could make them any shape, you can put them in a cake tin and make big square ones or whatever you like.

doesn't matter what they look like, as long as they taste fine and do the job, LOL.

MMMMMMM, Yum Yum, they look lovely.

They do taste nice :)

I didn't get around to it this w/e - blocked drain NIGHTMARES - but will give them another go on Sunday. Had my last 2 with sliced pepparami and melted cheese, and pretended it was pizza. It is nice to have something snacky that you can eat with your hands.

Ok - cookery lesson ladies and gents!

You need
6 egg whites in one bowl
6 egg yolks in another bowl
pinch of cream of tartar
6oz creamed cheese
Oven on at gas mark 3

IMG_2215.jpg

Eqq whites in one bowl with the cream of tartar
IMG_2218.jpg

Whisk until ultra fluffy (until stiff peaks form!)
IMG_2220.jpg

Then go to your next bowl with egg yolks and add 6oz cream cheese
IMG_2217.jpg

Do NOTo whisk them, stir vigiurously with a fork, dont worry if there are lumps of philly in there becuase the less liquidiesd they are, the more fluffy the oopsies will turn out
IMG_2219.jpg

Now add the yolky mix to the whites but pour in gently. Fold the mixture together (DO NOT beat, whisk or mix vigourously). Lightly turn the yellow into the whites remembering to scoop up the yellow from the bottom over the top and into the whites. If you break down the whites you will have runny oopsies and although they taste the same, they lose their appeal :)
One folded, use a large spoon to place on a large non stick baking sheet/tray. Baking sheets cost £1.99 form Morrisons and nothing ever ever ever sticks - promise you that
IMG_2222.jpg

Your empty bowl should look like this - with no liquid. if it is liquidy, you folded the mixture too hard but you can still use it...your oopsies will be just flat!
IMG_2223.jpg

Bake on the top shelf for 25 minutes on gas mark 3. The smell when they are cooking is divine, let me tell you that. My daughter comes rushing in the kitchen waiting for them to come out so that she can have one!
IMG_2224.jpg

Mine have joined together but they are easy to tear appart when cooled. I usually put it on a wire rack becuase if you leave to cool on the tray, it goes soggy.
Once cooled I wrap in kitchen towel and please dont put them ina plastic container as they go soggy and stick together. They keep for up to 2-3 days like this and never stick!
I have them both sweet and savoury (taste lovely toasted with butter)
This one is served with whipped cream and sugar free maple syrup. I sometimes have strawbs with them:
IMG_2229.jpg

I also ike them as a pizza with just cheese, ham and pepper. i dont really like tomatoes but you could have a couple of cherry toms on there.
IMG_8010.jpg

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Fabo Chunks, I can see where I went wrong, not they were that bad, just flat. I whisked the egg yolks and cheese together, instead of just mixing it a bit, I thought I needed to get all the lumps out.
Gonna make some more for tea so will try harder this time, LOL.

Thanks for that
:thankyou:

Let me know how you get on Ali - I make these every 2-3 days. I cant live on atkins without these.
I had them last night with some chicken and mushroom cooked in cream and it made a fab pastry substitute

Well they have come out way better than last time, I realised I didn't really whip the whites enough either, I think I was just desperate to eat them, LOL. Fortunately I have a 5 year old who likes to use the mixer.

Can't wait for my sugar free maple syrup to arrive, due tomorrow.:D

Well, this what I did with one
Creme fraische and berries, was just like a profiterole without the chocolate.
3546685810_b91fe0b014.jpg

Loveerrrly!

It was bl**dy gorgeous I can tell you.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't love this diet, LOL.

Back