Paleolicious

Had a paleo muffin when I got in from work

Tonight's dinner is Shepherd's pie made with sweet potato, yum!

Tomorrow's food plan:

banana

Taking leftover shep pie for lunch and a grapefruit

dinner is all ready to be switched on, doing beef shin in the slow cooker with carrots and onions. Don't know if I'll have anything with it, running looooow on food

Looking forward to the weekend and lots of sleeeep! Possibly off for cocktails on Saturday but depends on my sister. Definitely need to do some food shopping though

My body decided that a lie in meant getting up at 7:30am today, I'm not impressed!!!

So the meal I was cooking in the slow cooker wasn't cooked in time for dinner, no idea what happened there. Had a free sample of a brw gluten free curry from ilium (a gluten, dairy free ready meal company) so had that instead with some oatcakes, it was gross, so glad I hadn't paid for it! So not the best end to the days eating. Back in track today, and actually feel eager to eat good food!

I'm going to address my portion sizes as think this is the main reason my weight loss has stalled, I do eat hugeee portions so going to work on this. Off to thr cinema with my lil sis tonight so will be sleeping at my parents tonight, taking a lovely looking pork spare rib chop with me!

Today's foooood:

grapefruit, mushroom and parmasan omelette

not sure what lunch will be yet!

leek and cheese topped pork spare rib chop with some veggies

might take something to the cinema, no idea what though

Such a beautiful day today, looking forward to chilling in the garden :)

So yesterday food didn't go to plan, had a bit of a rubbish day overall, think I'm just exhausted from such a busy week and all go again tomorrow hmmmmm early night methinks!

Food today:

grapefruit and corned beef (separate plates lol! Found some sugarless corned beef and wanted to give it ago, I know some people think we shouldn't eat nitrates but theres nitrates in bacon. Was a nice change)

banana

2 GF Black farmer's sausages with sweet potato. Tinnnny satsumas

lamb ribs with onions and some frozen veg, pos green beans.

Trying a new banana spiced cake recipe and may have that for breakfast during the week, just can't face anything meaty at 6:30am!

tomorrow's plan...

Banana or banana cake
Probably some fresh orange juice, only thing that keeps me going at the min, I should probably start back up with my vit C tablets but they are not v nice!

lunch is sausage salad (spinach, lettuce, grated carrot, radish, red onion and maybe some roasted squash if I remember! ) taking a little pot of blueberries to have too

dinner will be something easy, either mince potl spare rib chop or lamb ribs with veggies and sweet potato

Trying to put a hold on the snacking so fingers crossed!

Monday's dinner was *predictably* lamb ribs with onions, also had a snack of some strawberries

Today has been a super busy day, didn't get a lunch break so got lunch for tomorrow all ready to go lol

Banana cake

Strawberries on the bus home

pork spare rib chop with green beans, mushroom and leek topping, melted cheese and a jacketed sweet potato yum!

Looking like another super busy day

Absolutely exhausted, got another early start tomorrow, got to get the 7:20 train so will have to set off for the station before 7 to make sure I make it! So uber early night, hope I sleep!

Today's food:

Banana cake (love this, best thing ever!!) And 2 tiny plums that were sour *meh*

Yesterday's salad but only ate a small bit as errrm it was off lol tasted vinegar-y
Had an extremely ripe banana, much prefer them less ripe vut my flat is sool warm now its summertime and they go black in the fridge.

Grapefruit when I got in

Hadn't remembered to takr any food out for tonight's dinner and wanted something easy so defrosted some lamb and cooked it with some onions, definitely my fav dish!

Found some dark chocolate I'd forgotten about, bonus!!

So tomorrow's food is looking like:

banana cake

Chicken and parmasan salad
Possibly a grapefruit (its the only piece of fruit I have in!)

some kind of bolognese with sweet potato, taken some mince out of the freezer anyways

Running low on food!

Looking forward to Friday as it's my half day!!

Pah! No grapefruit, got it out at work and it was moldy, hmmm for some reason I didn't notice at 6:45am lol!

Looking forward to tea but cant move to go get it, its bubbling away!

Great news I PASSED biochemistry AND nutrition yayyyyyy! :D just waiting to hear about physiology now so fingers crossed! Was soooo relieved as I was worried.

Looking forward to the weekend, half day tomorrow, really need to food shop and sort out my presentation.

Decided I'm going to stay off the pork for a while, I'm really not liking it, and it seems to be affecting my tummy again. Its annoying though as its cheap and I'm running out of meats I'm liking at the moment! Totally gone off bacon too and can only eat chicken cold in salads, stupid taste buds!

On thr bright side ive noticed that my hands and feet have stopped going numb! Dont know whether its because of cutting out nightshades, starting magnesium tablets or the B12 spray but something is working! I'm happy whichever it is lol! :)

Struggling with food at the moment, having a flare up of nausea and the smell of food is making me feel really ill. I get bad nausea as a symptom of my ME, its bad for a few months or som and then settles down and then bam! its back again, so dosing up on the sickness tablets again. Completely cannot face meat or cooked vegetables but need to stuck to paleo as much as possible as it's one of the reasins I'm doing ok with my ME at the moment. Hmmmm...

So have decided to try have a week where I stay off meat unless I really fancy it and just try not to push it. Going to stay as paleo as I can but might have to introduce some gluten free bread or GF oats this week. Getting things in for smoothies which I'll put coconut oil in so I'm getting some fat, might try some avocado in them too. Making the banana bread for breakfast again as it sat well last week. But yeah, thats where im at right now.

Last week on placement, sitting in on a bariatric surgery tomorrow!!! :D
Having to start packing as moving out of halls into my flat at the start of July.

I have never tried lamb ribs but I like the sound of them - are they expensive? (lamb chops are crazy price here - 29.99 a kilo in the local supermarket!) and I now have a desperate longing for ham hocks. Gutted that I already bought chicken and mince for the week and don't have a freezer - but definitely going to the butcher once I've used them up.

Just realised it's a rack of lamb ... light bulb moment - have had them before.

I have never tried lamb ribs but I like the sound of them - are they expensive? (lamb chops are crazy price here - 29.99 a kilo in the local supermarket!) and I now have a desperate longing for ham hocks. Gutted that I already bought chicken and mince for the week and don't have a freezer - but definitely going to the butcher once I've used them up.

Just realised it's a rack of lamb ... light bulb moment - have had them before.

Lol took me a minute there to realise that yeah, It is a rack of lamb!! That sounds dead posh lol ;) I'm going to start called them that instead!!

I'm not sure where you are but I buy them from Morrisons, they are super cheap £5.50 kg (they were £4.50 but they have gone up as its spring lamb now, couldn't taste any difference though lol). I think they cost about the same when I went to the butcher, prob just a little more, I basically asked for the cheapest things he did to get an idea of what meat I could afford!!

I can't afford lamb chops, they are extortionately priced, so I stick with the lamb ribs which are v yummy and a good amount of fat to meat IMO.

The ham hock is a super cheap cut too, the butcher near me sells them for about £3 each, I always soak mine for a couple of hours as its quite salty and then roast it, much nicer than shop bought ham. It keeps well in the fridge once cooked too.

I finished my placement yesterday, had an amazing time! Going to use the summer wisely and get a head start on some reading.

This summer is "project: me!" I have 18 months to be fully fit for my placement year so need to get my ass into gear and be as healthy as I can. I also want to decrease my fat mass as its unhealthy for my size and build up my core strength. So, obviously eat as clean and real as possible and I'm going to start yoga and swimming, possibly aqua aerobics.

My ME is still making me nauseous but eating the way I've eateb this past week is making me tired and ill so going to have to push past the nausea to feel better.

Going to get some things in for green smoothies and I'm craving watermelon at the moment (its been the only good thing ive eaten this past week), so going to eat lots of that, shame its expensive.

Had some meat for the first time last week and managed to eat it so fingers crossed! The plan is to only have one meat containing meal a day to try break myself back in gently. So lots of smoothies and watermelon, sweet potatoes have been ok on my tum too.

Going to try the auto immune protocol for a week or so, seeing how I get on, so cutting out the butter and cheese thats snuck in and eggs and nuts. Think its what I need to get back to it.

Good start to the day, had some yummy watermelon for breakfast

Done a bit of food shopping so now have today's food worked out!

Had a banana after shopping as was feeling wobbly

Lunch was a tin of pink salmon and will be having a fruit and coconut smoothie when my spinach defrosts. I may have to have an afternoon nap before this happens as I'm sooo sleeeeeepy!

Dinner will be some lamb chops that were half price at Sainsburys, still a tad expensive but oh well! Will be having them with a sweet potato and some veggies.

And hopefully that is that! I'm going to add a tbsp of gelatin to a cup of herbal tea before bed to help me sleep.

Tomorrow, I will be having watermelon & a green smoothie for breakfast, the rest of the day is still undecided!

Done a bit of food shopping so now have today's food worked out!

Had a banana after shopping as was feeling wobbly

Lunch was a tin of pink salmon and will be having a fruit and coconut smoothie when my spinach defrosts. I may have to have an afternoon nap before this happens as I'm sooo sleeeeeepy!

Dinner will be some lamb chops that were half price at Sainsburys, still a tad expensive but oh well! Will be having them with a sweet potato and some veggies.

And hopefully that is that! I'm going to add a tbsp of gelatin to a cup of herbal tea before bed to help me sleep.

Tomorrow, I will be having watermelon & a green smoothie for breakfast, the rest of the day is still undecided!

Hey - if you are all about the lamb, have a look at Farmfoods - they do a lamb pack which has a leg joint, chops and other bits it in for £8 - or two for £12. Might be worth a look?

Hey - if you are all about the lamb, have a look at Farmfoods - they do a lamb pack which has a leg joint, chops and other bits it in for £8 - or two for £12. Might be worth a look?

Thanks for this, I'll take a look. I'm all about the lamb lol :D
Lamb tastes goooood!!!

Drank my first ever green smoothie and survived lol I'm such a wuss sometimes! It was quite nice actually, apart from the smell and maybe need to shove it in the freezer for a few mins as it wasn't cold enough. I had:

1/2 lime, some cucumber, large handful spring greens, water, tbsp flaxseed and tbsp coconut oil

Then had a 1/4 of a watermelon after, nice healthy start to the day!

Not sure what lunch will be, I'm off tp see Man of Steel at the cinema so might take some fruit with me if I get chance to buy something.

Dinner may or may not be oxtail and veggies, depends if I get to the shop early enough to put the slow cooker on.

Adding ice helps with the coldness. What did it smell of? Mine usually just smell fruity. :) The spring greens are quite a strong green to use in a smoothie I think, spinach and kale are milder.

Great that you got through your placement successfully. :)

Adding ice helps with the coldness. What did it smell of? Mine usually just smell fruity. :) The spring greens are quite a strong green to use in a smoothie I think, spinach and kale are milder.

Great that you got through your placement successfully. :)

Good idea, can't believe I didn't think of ice! It smelt "fresh" of that makes any sense lol didn't want to add fruit as was planning a fruity lunch! I bought spring greens as they were cheaper than kale but going to try kale when I run out, I have frozen spinach so might try decreasing the spring greens and adding some spinach.

Thanks, I'm really proud of myself to be honest for surviving! :D

Back