Paleolicious

Had a banana for a snack as was walking down to the shops

Lunch was in the cinema whilat watching man of steel - a bit o' eye candy for a Sunday afternoon ;)
ended up having some cherries and a few grapes

Didn't manage to get any oxtail so had some lamb, sweet potato, green beans, cabbage, leeks and onion for dinner, yummy!

Looking forward to Wimbledon!!! Really wish I had tickets but will plonk myself in front of the tv, glad placements over, just in time lol :)

Good idea, can't believe I didn't think of ice! It smelt "fresh" of that makes any sense lol didn't want to add fruit as was planning a fruity lunch! I bought spring greens as they were cheaper than kale but going to try kale when I run out, I have frozen spinach so might try decreasing the spring greens and adding some spinach.

Thanks, I'm really proud of myself to be honest for surviving! :D

Frozen spinach is good and of course makes it a bit colder as well! :)

Sounds like a lovely day, and you should feel proud! x

My green smoothie was much nicer today (thanks to Plum :) ) I did half frozen spinach & half springs and put it in the freezer for 10 mins to go really cold. Might end up with just spinach and eat the springs for dinner. Had some watermelon and a banana too, think I'll probably end up buying a different melon when this is all eaten up as watermelons are not cheap! I always find watermelon more refreshing than ot melons but will keep it fresh if I rotate lol

Going to have my main meal at lunch time as at the cinema again, so will have some leftover meat and veg from yesterday with some spring greens and a sweet potato.

I've got free tickets to The Internship, looks funny I love Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. Think I'll get a few grapes to take again.

Don't know what I'll have when I get back tonight might try pick up a tin of pink salmon or maybe have a berry smoothie.. hmmmm.. decisions!

Loving my new book: Digestive Health with REAL food, really wish paloe books were cheaper, I prefer buying actual books to getting ebooks too so that doesn't help with the cost either.

Having such a sleepy, hungry day today, think my body's trying to catch up from placement.
So, I've had tea already! Decided on a tin of pink salmon (I don't like the red for some reason!), strawberries and I've just finished off the watermelon Ive been working my way through. Got some grapes for the cinema :)

Going to weigh in tomorrow so I'll know where I stand, need to lose some weight before my hols but thats only 4 weeks now so dont know how much I'll get off (need to make some room for all the yummy gluten free french food ;) )

Aaaaaaarrrgh I braved weigh in and ive gained 4 1/2 lbs in a month :( not happy but guess it could be worse, my eating went haywire whilst on placement and need to get back on it properly now. Have been back 100% since Saturday, I have 2 occasions this week where I'm gonna struggle as off to a gluten free tasting evening tomorrow at a local business and want to try things and also Friday I'm at a friend's housewarming party so will be drinking, not conducive to losing weight but hey that's life. If I'm 100% the reat of the time I *should* lose something, I also need to eat as well as I can to keep my ME on check. So here goes!

Today's plan:

Last breakfast of strawberries whilat watching yesterday's Wimbledon round up of course! (will start back on the breakfast smoothies tomorrow)

Lamb with oven roasted veggies (cabbage, mushroom, onions, courgette)

Dinner will be late, only just got the slow cooker on but off to the cinema (again! 3 daya in a row) to see the end of the world or something, got free tickets so would be rude to not go lol! So dinner is oxtail stew (carrots, onions, mushrooms)

Hopefully I won't want to snack, should be less hungry if I'm on paleo properly but have some things like tins of fish in, if I need anything extra. Still trying the autoimmune protocol but may reintroduce eggs soon.

Well its a plan lol! :)

Today:

breakfast smoothie (cup of cherries and raspberries, coconut milk, coconut oil, flaxseed, ribose, and spinach) was nice and thick so had to eat it with a spoon!

Lunch will be a tin of pink salmon with a jacketed sweet potato and veggies (onion, mushrooms, courgettes and green beans)
also have a few strawberries that need eating up today

Off to a Gluten free tasting event at a local business so wont be paleo friendly, but really looking forward to it!

Ha! I had to eat my smoothie with a spoon this morning too!

Enjoy your Gluten free event!

Had a great time at the GF night was nice to meet other coeliacs and the food was yummy, especially the puddings :p only had extremely tiny taster pots (boooo) so not been too off plan. Had a bowl of oxtail broth when I got home.

Off to bed soon, looking forward to sleep (I sound like I've had a mega busy day lol)

I forgot to take the spinach out of the freezer so going have a very late breakfast smoothie soon. Decided not to go to Pilates today as not feeling great but going to start next week, having a busy day packing tomorrow so need to be fit and ready to roll!

Think I might try some chicken today, not had it for a while as have a strong aversion to the smell when its cooking but going to give it a try, so lunch will be
herbed chicken wings with some roasted onions and courgettes and maybe some cabbage if I buy some.

No idea what dinner will be, I've got a (strangely, very round!) sweet potato but really need to go shopping as not much else!

So having a rest day today, had a v short walk this morning and will be off to the shops to buy food, but my body is still catching up with itself, and my hayfever tabs are making me a little sleepy but on the bright side they are helping me sleep nicely :)

I've found some Black Farmer gluten free sausages in the freezer so going to have them with the sweet potato and some veggies for dinner.

I'm excited its raining lol dampening down the evil pollen ;)

Can you throw the frozen spinach into the smoothie still frozen? Then you wouldn't need ice. GF evening sounds quite jolly! :)

Can you throw the frozen spinach into the smoothie still frozen? Then you wouldn't need ice. GF evening sounds quite jolly! :)

I've not tried adding ice to the ones with berries in as I use frozen berries which thicken and freeze it up nicely, the spinach is like a rock lol dont know if my blender could cope!

Exhausted from packing! All my stuff is packed up ready for moving on Tuesday, I'm staying at my parents til then. Need to go clean my flat before handing the keys back, cant be losing my deposit! Cannot believe how much I've accumulated in the one year I've lived there lol didn't have that much when I moved in!! Not looking forward to moving it all across town though, but looking forward to moving in and exploring the area.

B: berry and coconut smoothie
apple
L: herbed chicken wings with
cabbage and leeks
T: sage encrusted lamb ribs cooked with onions and mushrooms, courgette ribbons and maybe a sweet potato if I go buy one :)

I've not tried adding ice to the ones with berries in as I use frozen berries which thicken and freeze it up nicely, the spinach is like a rock lol dont know if my blender could cope!

Ahh makes sense. Hope your move goes well!

Have you tried having nettle tea for the hayfever? My husband finds each cup gives him about 20min of respite from all his symptoms so on a bad pollen day he guzzles it! Hope the move goes well for you.

Have you tried having nettle tea for the hayfever? My husband finds each cup gives him about 20min of respite from all his symptoms so on a bad pollen day he guzzles it! Hope the move goes well for you.

Thanks, I've not tried that but will give anything a go! I'll grab some today, I'm off to buy some local honey, dont know if theres anything in the claims but its worth a try. I didnt take my antihistamine yesterday as I was wondering if it was making me sleepy, turns out its the hayfever making me sleepy lol and the tablets *do* help the other symptoms, hey who'd have thunk it?! :rolleyes: Not making *that* mistake again!

So todays mission: buy nettle tea and local honey!

I have found local honey helps but I have to take it longer term as it desensitises you to the local pollen over time.

The best thing I use is an 'allergy reliever'. This is not very dignified, lol, it delivers targeted light therapy to your sinuses. But I no longer have to take tablets which didn't agree with me at all. When you first start I think you use it three times a day but now I only have to do two sessions. You can buy from Amazon, Argos or (I think) Lloyds pharmacy. The initial investment was worth it for me as I'm now on my third summer with it and would have spent more on tablets by now!

I have found local honey helps but I have to take it longer term as it desensitises you to the local pollen over time.

The best thing I use is an 'allergy reliever'. This is not very dignified, lol, it delivers targeted light therapy to your sinuses. But I no longer have to take tablets which didn't agree with me at all. When you first start I think you use it three times a day but now I only have to do two sessions. You can buy from Amazon, Argos or (I think) Lloyds pharmacy. The initial investment was worth it for me as I'm now on my third summer with it and would have spent more on tablets by now!

Thanks, I'll have a look into this, I hate taking tablets, think the less chemicals the better!
I guess at least starting the honey now, it'll be effective for next summer lol!

Back