Pandas Calorie World!

Hiya! Yes, I know King Street, it's close to where I work and not much further from where I live - small world, isn't it? :)

Aww, I kove my guinea pigs. This is only our second pair, the first two died very soon after we had them, which was very sad, but we've had the two girls for nearly three years now. I always say if I win the lottery I want a guinea pig farm, lol.

I can sympathise with the frequent ill health thing. I suffer from ME, as well as having osteoarthritis in my knees, so I'm a bit of a crock. :D

How is your weight loss going? Sorry, I can't see your stats as I'm doing this. :) xx

It's a very small world, I see it almost every year with some random person or other heh.
I'm sticking with 2 at a time now because of the problems we've had with them, lots of illnesses, the two we have now are the only ones left and are completely fine at 3.5yrs.

I suffer with anxiety, then my eyes can't process long periods of bright or strong lights, giving me headaches and really bad jawache :/

I've been on it about a month and lost 5.5lb, I'm doing it very slowly, as I have a very strong connection to food and it's hard to get over it, I turn to it when stressed, sad, tired, bored and every other STRONG emotion.

PandaNate said:
It's a very small world, I see it almost every year with some random person or other heh.
I'm sticking with 2 at a time now because of the problems we've had with them, lots of illnesses, the two we have now are the only ones left and are completely fine at 3.5yrs.

I suffer with anxiety, then my eyes can't process long periods of bright or strong lights, giving me headaches and really bad jawache :/

I've been on it about a month and lost 5.5lb, I'm doing it very slowly, as I have a very strong connection to food and it's hard to get over it, I turn to it when stressed, sad, tired, bored and every other STRONG emotion.

Well done, that's a good steady rate to lose at - they reckon 1-2lbs a week is best, so you're spot on. It's taken me 20 months to lose my 116lbs, so nice and steady for me. I too have a complex relationship with food, so I made changes gradually.

I get the intolerance to light with my ME too - I've been working at home for a week or so, which makes it easier because it's not as bright as in the office. And I can talk to my guinea girls all day too, lol.

I hope Timmy is feeling a bit better. Take care. :) xx

Another load taken to the house, thats 3 car loads now I think, or 4. Had inspection of flat today by Sanctuary, she seems shocked most of my furniture was still here, I'm like, I have until the 26th of May to get out and we got the keys on Tuesday? Why do you think I've moved out completely in 2 days? :/ She also said my flat was a little grubby when I've been cleaning it loads :'(

Does anyone know how to get bluetac stains off the wall?

Went to a Mexican restaurant last night, Chiquito - it was AMAZING. I loved everything I ate and I'm a bit addicted to pulled pork :p I'm not logging now until we've officially moved in. I have a lot of convenient food in atm because we have no cooker, I'm hoping not to gain but tbh once we're moved in, it's going to be the real restart and I promise MYSELF that I will not fall off track again (if only for a day) and I'll get the weight off, no more excuses... <3

I think sugar soap is meant to help with bluetac stains!

Also, I have only been to Chiquito's once but I loved it! :D

Where could I get it from/ x

If you have a B & M near you, my mum got some from there. Just try looking in the cleaning sections at pound stretchers, poundland, home bargains etc. x

Had another sucessful trip to town today, I forgot my water (which is my copying thing) so I paniced a bit on the bus but mainly because I'm unused to traffic and it took a full 10 minutes instead of 5. I then bumped into my old brother in law (sister broke up with him about a year and a half ago) and we chatted about stuff, then I went to Specsavers, bought some Red or Dead glasses and French Connection sunglasses (glasses which they'll turn into sunglasses)... Bought 2 under bed storage boxes (£2.99 at Home Bargains right now if you need any guys), paintbrushes, pan and brush, moving on to Wilkinsons, I got 2 oven trays, a wire thing you put hot pans on, a cream russell hobbs pan, a canvas with birds on (£2.50!), lawn feed, hair dye, BBQ skewers, a little thing to stop lime scale in the kettle, bag clips.

Hell of a spend where I'm most likely going to go overdrawn if anything comes out my bank from now to Friday (rent will come out which I budgeted for) lol. I collect my glasses next week, Daniel told me to get everything I needed before my money got locked into house and bills so thats what I'm kinda doing. :)

PandaNate said:
Another load taken to the house, thats 3 car loads now I think, or 4. Had inspection of flat today by Sanctuary, she seems shocked most of my furniture was still here, I'm like, I have until the 26th of May to get out and we got the keys on Tuesday? Why do you think I've moved out completely in 2 days? :/ She also said my flat was a little grubby when I've been cleaning it loads :'(

Does anyone know how to get bluetac stains off the wall?

Went to a Mexican restaurant last night, Chiquito - it was AMAZING. I loved everything I ate and I'm a bit addicted to pulled pork :p I'm not logging now until we've officially moved in. I have a lot of convenient food in atm because we have no cooker, I'm hoping not to gain but tbh once we're moved in, it's going to be the real restart and I promise MYSELF that I will not fall off track again (if only for a day) and I'll get the weight off, no more excuses... <3

Oh dear, I used to work for Sanctuary (they took over the place I worked at, then made me redundant 3 years later). Hope you're getting everything sorted now. :) xx

We spent yesterday evening at the house and I unpacked all the kitchen, now my kitchen is set up apart from the food... some of the bathroom is unpacked.
The car however started making some very strange grinding noises then the smell of rubber and it won't go above 60mph :/ He took it home to his parents as it's his dads car, i love the car so much, it's a 2010 Mazda 6 in Maroon... it's my baby lol. I felt sorry for it struggling so much but the milage it's done since 'birth' makes it as old as a 13 year old car because thats what it was bought for, travel.

i'm doing okay, I've done two good things in the past 2 weeks for my anxiety, going to town. First time was doing the food shopping and bringing it home on the bus, the second was going to town and buuying some kitchen items. This morning was a little uncomfortable at work but it passed, and I did my very first face painting for a birthday party. I offered tigers or flowers/butterflies and I really liked the tigers and my butterflies :D

Glad to hear you are managing some things to help with the anxiety. That's great :). Hope your house is starting to take shape more. It's always annoying for the first wee while trying to get everything just so. But it'll be good when you are all settled in properly!

Well, I'm thinking of going back to slimming world because I need to face an official weigh in each week and its a good way of getting to know people in the area, theres a class near me, ill stay here though. I'm thinking of joining the tennis club as well, which is where the class is held.

Food isnt wonderful, we've just got so tired of sandwiches, kfc was eaten late two days ago, pizza last night :/ I know I can say no but atm I don't.

Onwards and upwards.

Joining Slimming World for the social side of things sounds like a good idea to me. So long as you keep popping back here with your progress :).

I will do, I'm going to calorie any meals we go out for, as my part time job is mystery customering. Well the cars diagnostic has come back, a whole new £3k engine is needed :/ I'm so glad that isn't you car, although I'm assuming Daniel would buy a new car instead, the car is worth twice the car we have or more so it's worth replacing the engine then buying the car again, however the highlight is, it is a company car so his dad doesn't have to worry apart from him not having it for a while. I'll miss it, I do love that Mazda 6 :)

Gotta say, I worked out yesterday, carrying boxes upstairs whilst Daniel sat playing Pokemon lol, he helped when I asked but I think it was too late for him, stocked more of my kitchen, realising the place doesn't have enough room for everything I own :/ Plus we're getting an acitfrier for our house warming present off his mom lol, that's going somewhere... We have 2 wall cupboards and 2 draws, and 3 lower cupboards plus a pantry but they haven't used the space very well in the pantry.

Internet has arrived!
Going to SW next Wednesday, I'm afraid I'm not eating great BUT I'm not eating much so I hope it balances out to a certain extent. I'm angry at myself if I get bloated so eating less prevents this. Was going to start SW this week but I spent £60 on food and it wasn't really SW food heh, just quick easy freezer food.
x

It has it's ups and downs... but I feel at home here, I mean... since the first night it's felt like a real home to me, I've barely had panic attacks, I've managed the bus twice to work (only 2 shifts i had to go to) and 4 weekend day shifts, although Daniel takes me to work, at the flat, I'd have a panic attack almost every morning. I've not had one here, however I've had one or two on days where I've had nothing to do then I've had massive panic attacks :/ lol as long as I can live on the 'busy' days without them :)

Mowed the garden on Friday :) hard work, blisters on my hands :( just bought some seeds today.

Hows it going for you? My WI's are going to be Wednesdays so that's my week start. I'm going to post on here, I may start a SW diary but I enjoy being on this one and tbh it's not much different other then I can eat a lot of certain things without worrying about the calories. I just know that the class really helped me pressure wise to stick to it until I got at least a stone off so that needs to happen again, I also want to meet new friends :)

Sounds like such a change being in your new place. I'm glad!! :)

I'm getting on ok... slowly, slowly haha. But that's fine with me! Excited about my holiday on Tuesday!

You are quite amazing, I don't know how to keep my motivation up for longer than a month and it's getting to me somewhat.

My thighs are so sore, the past few days my jeans have been rubbing my inner top thighs and it's painful, chapped :( I walked home from town today, first bus journey back from work (only been to work on the bus, not coming back), no panic attacks again but the walk home was painful, i was breathing heavy by the time I got in, it's a slope from town, 10 minute walk down it, 15-20 minute walk home... eugh... I have never felt so unfit lol...

Ahhh, I could say, Wednesday can't come fast enough but at the same time, if Wednesday comes quickly, Thursday does and thats my next shift haha... I'm going to spend as much time in the garden the next few days so hopefully it'l curb my eating, as i eat less when I'm busy (as most people do) then I need to eat only to stop the hunger pains and not to stuff myself.

How did you do it? I understand I need to fight my cravings and my urges that make me fail :/

Just weeded the middle bit of the garden, got assaulted by a spider & watched a fat bee hump my garden equitment haha. I've planted tomatoes and sunflowers atm, going out to plant both parsley plants i have then try and get the rest of one side of the hedge done, brush and pack away THEN start on the house haha. :D)

I could not have handled a spider attack!! *shudders* Garden is sounding good though :)

I don't know how I stay motivated - I feel like something has just clicked with me this time. I'm by no means an angel and have my bad days but the difference is my bad days now are nowhere near as bad/bingey as before, which helps. When I feel tempted to buy rubbish junk food at the supermarket, I literally have a wee voice in my head shouting 'NO! You do NOT need it! You are doing too well and have come too far to throw it all away now!' and as hard as it is, 9/10 I walk by the choc, the wine, the crisps etc.

Back