Partner in crime aka Newbie Slimming Buddy needed

Hi TrixieB,

Sorry I've been slow. I was a busy bee in London, then I headed up to the North West, which is where I am now.

When I was in London I was really good until the end of the day. We'd been doing so much walking and I had lovely chicken sushi (2.5 syns for the pack) and melon for my lunch. At the end of the day mum suggested getting food and I said 'no' many times. Then we saw the queues for the underground at Oxford Circus and it was so busy we realised we needed to go somewhere until it died down. So I finally gave in and we went to this little pizza place. The great thing was we could order one small slice and it was italian style, without huge amounts of cheese. So I syned it and only went over my days syns by about 5, which isn't ideal, but definitely better than a major binge.

In the end I was so glad we did that...I don't know if you'll have seen in the news that there was a person pushed under an underground train on the picadilly line. Well had we not gone for pizza it's quite likely we would have been on the train that hit the person. Failing that we would have been on the one afterwards, where they were stuck in the tunnel for 2 hours, then had to walk through the tunnel to the station. So it turned out that I was so glad we stopped for a bite to eat!

Yesterday evening I stopped by at a slimming world class up here. I was ever so pleased with myself for not just having a week off. I was rewarded too because I lost another 2.5 lb this week!!! I think it must have been down to the walking we did in London (I ached so much the next day!)

Anyway, how are you getting on? I hope all is well.

Love C x

That is brilliant, 2.5 pounds off during a week where you are out of your regular routine.

Yes, I agree, that pizza saved you a lot of bother, if you were stuck on that train and delayed for ages you would have been agitated and starving and would have ended up eating an entire pizza!!!

All good here, exhausted, had a Halloween party here today for 17 kids!! 15 girls and 2 boys. The boys were the quietest!! Out numbered by all the women!

I was very very good today, and have been all week, I switched to Extra Easy for the last few days, but I do find I am STARVING at times, I suppose I am not as sure of the Extra Easy plan and I am afraid I will mess up my weigh in by eating the wrong combination of stuff!! Anyway, I was very hungry this evening...all food eaten and wi in just over 24 hrs, so I ran a big bath and took the new SW mag with me. But when I came out I ate a bag of crisps!! Still okay with the syns for the week, over today's though, but like you and the pizza, I won't be stressing about it!!

Have a great weekend, will let you know how I do on sunday!! TB

Hurrah! 2 pounds is fab...well done.

I'm embarrassed to say, I have messed up terribly the week. It all started the day after my weigh in. We'd been busy doing allsorts and in the end I gave in to the temptation of pizza. This didn't worry me too much as it was a one off....so I thought. The next day I did the same. Then the day after we went to Pizza Hut buffet lunch and I had a choc muffin too....followed by KFC and then McDonalds the next day. I also had coca cola, kinder bars and a bag of crunchie nuggets, yikes. Writing all that down I feel pretty disgusted with myself. I didn't just mess up a little I completely went mental! But....today I've been good. I'm living in fear of weigh in tomorrow and I want to lose weight more than anything. I guess being away from home and out of routine I didn't manage to sustain my healthy eating. Combined with being out and about it just all went wrong. I'm cringing so much when I think about it, but I can't go back. So I need to get over it and carry on. I think being away from here and my support network at SW didn't help the cause. But today is a new day and nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!

If you need any help with Extra Easy then let me know. The leader at my SW always says it feels wrong to be eating so much...like you shouldn't be losing weight, but have a good read of the info and if you're still not sure then just ask. You really can eat almost anything!

Take care, C x

You're not gonna believe this...I lost 2.5lb!!!!

The conclusion we came to at the meeting is that although my food intake had increased, so had my activity levels as we were out and about all the time. I also made some positive steps, including smaller sized pizza, long walks to try to counteract it and then getting straight back on track when I arrived home! So it wasn't all negative and I really feel that I got off VERY lightly.

I'm now fully back on track and sticking to it! How is your week going? Have you tried any new recipes? Are you still doing extra easy? Have you found any good snacking foods that are free or low syns? At class last night there were lots of posters with snacks for under 10 syns, e.g. 10 jelly babies=10 syns. If you want I can write them down for you next week whilst I'm waiting to weigh in...I didn't think to do it last night. There's a sheet with sweets, one with biscuits, nibbles etc. There were quite a few different ones.

Take care.
Love,
C x

Stayed the same, such a busy week, no time to even get on here last few days, things should get back to normal tomorrow. Have a great week.

I am here.... so sorry!!!! Down 1.5 this week. Once again so busy, and now I am on my project Christmas. Spent all day today bidding on ebay items!!!

How did you get on at your weigh in?

I am heading to london friday for two days, looking forward to it, wonder if I should change my weigh in for this week to friday? I am sure i will have a few nice things at weekend, might feel more motivated if I am down a pound or two Friday before I go away.

Will spend a bit more time on minimins tomorrow. Take care. TB

Hey!! I could really do with some extra support! I joined SW 5 weeks ago now and just need the same kind of motivation I had at the start!! Can I join this thread as a support network?? It's so gd to chat to people in the same boat!!
Hugs
Aims xx

Hi Aimz, Of course you can join us, the more the merrier! I know exactly how you're feeling. I've gone from being 100% dedicated to needing a kick up the bottom sometimes this last few weeks. I guess maybe the novelty has worn off a bit. I think the best thing to do is make sure you plan your meals and try to stick to that. I sat down this evening and planned everything for the next week and as I have it I'll make sure I write it down on a tracker...I get carried away if I don't write it down. Do you do SW online (like TrixieB) or go to meetings (like me)? I think having a good support network really helps, so if you need anything then I'll help if I can....although it might be a case of the blind leading the blind lol.

Trix I'm so glad you're still with us. I started to think maybe you'd fallen off the wagon and that's why you hadn't been on. I've also been ebaying for Christmas pressies...maybe I've been bidding against you haha.

I hope you have a fab time in London, is it your visit to your cousin? Maybe it would be worth considering flexi syns for some of the time? Changing to Friday weigh in may give you the boost you need, but I know some people who have a binge after weigh in. They think 'oh I've got a week to make up after, so why not?', so weighing in before you go could help or hinder your efforts. For me it'd probs be a bad thing, but you seem much more determined than I am at the minute. Although saying that I did lose 1.5lb last weigh in, which was fantastic and I did deserve it because I was really good...I dread to think what this week's weigh in brings, eek! Although thinking about it I managed to lose when I was really bad and I've not been really bad this week....just not really good hehe. Although that has all changed this evening, I've planned how to turn my week around and I'm going to stick to it!

Take care,
C x

Hi Claire and Aimz,

Flexisyns a good idea for weekend, Friday will be no problem as flight is at 7pm so won't be eating after flight, Saturday will be easy to manage, probably coffee out in the morning and then pasta dinner at cousin's house that night. She is great for letting me eat what I want/need to eat. Sunday will be flexisyns as we are going to chinese buffet followed by a little birthday celebration for my daughter. We are catching a flight that night so will bring a few snacks for the plane, airport food deadly!!

Welcome Aimz, good luck with your slimming world journey and so pleased you are joining our 'group'!!

Take care all, TB

Hi Trix,
Sounds like you have it all planned out, which is definitely the right way to be. Visiting friends is difficult when you're slimming, so it's great that your cousin is understanding. I'm going to my bfs parents for Christmas and I already feel like I'm being incredibly fussy. His mum knows I don't eat turkey, so wanted to know what meat I would like. I felt cheeky enough asking if I could have a chicken breast, so throw in slimming stuff and I'm sure I'll be the nightmare house guest. I think the best thing to do is keep slimming in mind, but not go to the extreme of putting her out or appearing rude. I remember my best friend telling me about when her Nan was on weight watchers. She was being really specific about everything, and asked for exactly 4 roast potatoes to be on her plate when they went out for a meal and some other veg. When the plate arrived they had completely ignored her and given her the usual portion. So she dropped the extra roast potatoes on the floor and spent the rest of the meal being angry and upsetting her family. My friend was so embarrassed. I vowed never to be like that with slimming. If the worst comes to the worst I'll sneak bits that I shouldn't have to the dog or something (or maybe my bfs plate haha).

Anyway, I hope you have a fantastic time in London. It sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you.

Love C x

P.S. Where's Aimz? Have we scared her off already?

Good morning ladies,

Claire I decided to weigh-in this morning and I was down a pound. Hopefully that will keep me motivated over the weekend. The fact that I am going home in just over three weeks is also a strong motivational factor!!!

I have packed a few of my fav cereals bars which I can have when we go out for coffee or for brekkie etc.

Oh my god, I know exactly what you mean by dieting nightmare types. I will never forget going to scotland with a friend to visit another friend. Now the girl I went with from Toronto was about 5 pounds over her idea weight, but she got it into her head she needed to lose weight and decided our 8 days in Scotland would be the idea time to do it!!! Everywhere we went she was picking at the food, declining offers left right and centre. There were four of us all together and everything we did and ate revolved around her and her diet!!

The great thing about Slimming world is nearly everything we are served we can eat without too much guilt. And of course never forget the skinny ones NEVER finish what is on their plate!! When I do that it is usually the veg I leave!!

Thanks for your words of confidence!! Have a great weekend!! TB

Hi TB,
Congrats on losing a pound...in less than a week! I hope you're having fun in London and enjoying your cereal bars. Having something to focus on (your visit home) is a great idea. We've started to think about a holiday we've booked to Portugal in March. It's something to look forward to and slim for.
Speak soon,
C x

Hi Claire,

Back from London, tucked up in bed watching I'm A Celebrity. The weekend was great. A bit of shopping, lots of visiting and nearly too much laughing!!!

My cousin had the biggest bananas you could imagine, so I had one of those for my brekkie both days. We had Indian last night and went for chinese today...had what I wanted and how much I wanted, but other than that I was pretty good. Half a glass of wine and a few cadbury heroes. Ready the get back at it 100 percent tomorrow. 22 days to Toronto!! My running programme will be stepping up a notch as well, must go check out exactly what my intervals will be.

Hope you had a great weekend. TB

Hey - lurker here. Just wanted to say that you all sound like you are doing really well.

Can I join?

Back