Party (taster) Food for the SW Party

Ahhh Stacey you got my Red Velvet Cake idea! I have a low fat one that I am adapting to low syn for this very purpose.

I don't know what to bring now. I want to bring something red themed :p

Meringue with smash base, is the recipe for this on here? Sounds a bit unusual. xxx Loobylou

It's Donnie's lemon meringue pie, which can be found in the recipe section.
I have just added the smash "pastry" base - which is just smash done with less water.
I lined the foil cake cups with the smash, baked them and then followed the rest of Donnie's recipe.
It just holds the tart together and turns out well. You can't taste the potato..it tastes like pastry!

Im going to make brownies, cupcakes and dipped strawberries :)

Metrognome we're only wearing red as well. I suggested a taster night, but we only had one 3 weeks ago, so people can't really be bothered. What a shame! I love taster nights, and I always make an effort to take along 2/3 things.

I'm making the berry orange cheesecake from the calendar. I made it last week for the family as a trial run and it was yummy, so I'm making it again for Tuesday. I'm using forest fruits instead of just Blackberries though so that's a red theme too...lol. Now if only I could find something red to wear, I have a red coat......

I think i'm going to make some scan bran ferrero rochers :) Will make a batch this weekend though aswel to 'test' ;)

I'm thinking of making a pizza with smash base, nachos with salsa and possibly the Tesco flan case with some white chocolate cream (Greek 0% yog mixed with white choc options sachet) and mixed berries. I'm off work next week so have plenty of time to get organised on the day.

Morning all, anyone have a low fat red velvet cake recipe please? I am going to make it tonight for our SW partay tomorrow

Many thanks!!
xx

I am super lazy..well to be fair i will have just come off a 14hr night shift so..i'm taking some red thai chicken (free on red from tesco) and maybe some cous cous. We're all wearing red too.....better go find a red top or something!

Morning all, anyone have a low fat red velvet cake recipe please? I am going to make it tonight for our SW partay tomorrow

Many thanks!!
xx

What about adapting the sponge cake recipe that's floating around?

I'm thinking:

6 eggs
2 oz self raising flour
1 tsp cocoa
9 tbsp splenda
red food colouring

And top it with some white choc options fromage frais/Quark/Greek 0% and top with strawbs/rasp/cherries?

Dont' know if it'll work or not as I've never tasted red velvet cake! There are loads of different recipes out there though if you google.

Red velvet cake with cream cheese icing: Recipes: Good Food Channel

I wish I had tried to do the red velvet cake but I couldn't be arsed! I ended up doing a flan case topped with white choc options/fromage frais and fresh raspberries and a 2 cheese pasta bake with roast veg and homemade marinara sauce.

Stacey I think you should bring out your own SW recipe book you always have such great ideas! I think i need to try and be a bit more creative with my food. x

I wish I had tried to do the red velvet cake but I couldn't be arsed! I ended up doing a flan case topped with white choc options/fromage frais and fresh raspberries and a 2 cheese pasta bake with roast veg and homemade marinara sauce.
The cake/flan things sounds gorgeous! You are so creative, thanks for the idea xx that along with the red velvet will do nicely. Red velvet tastes lightly of chocolate, but not a heavy taste, delish with the usual full fat cream cheese frosting, but of course I will use quark instead :)

I'm making soup, need to go and clean the big flask now

Back