Party (taster) Food for the SW Party

I made some sticky quorn sausages using honey, soy sauce and ginger and I also made the lemon cake which is in the recipe section. Both went down really well with the group.

OMG... Paula Deen!! I haven't even looked at the recipe yet but I bet there's butter in it!! LOL!

You should see her recipe for red velvet cupcakes! :eek:

Our party is tomorrow. I still have a red dress hanging in my wardrobe, so that's my outfit sorted (in spite of the fact that it'll show off all my fat bits)...haven't a clue what to take for eats though.

I've decided on taking mini pizza's- 4 would be free (and a HEA) or 1.5 syns each. I'm off work on holiday this week so have plenty of time to prepare. I've also got some red foil serving trays that I bought last Christmas so can now put them to good use!

I've just got back from our party now and i took a homemade quorn curry with batchelors mild curry savory rice and i took a pasta salad with fat free vinagarette - all free on green!

The other members made scan bran cakes, dips, salads, quiche, pasta bake, quorn sausage on sticks and a salmon salad thing.

It was all lovely!

at our last taster evening someone took little cocktail sticks with a basil leaf in the middle with a mozzarella ball and a cherry tomato either side. They were simple but really tasty, and have red on them too!

We have not been told anything about a party though. My WI is tomorrow so i'll maybe hear more then??

:welcome: to our Party !!!!!:party0023: :party0049:
I have made the strawberry slices out of the 40 Fabulous Recipes booklet that was with the latest SW magazine and some falafel with a chilli dip for out party which is tomorrow night (Wednesday) as we are having a red theme so have to wear something red aswellas take somethign red for the SOW basket.

Really looking forward to it and to seeing what other red based creations have been made.

Ours is this thursday, and we have been asked to make extra easy things, and wear something red, my daughter comes with me, and sometimes we have to bring her baby if hubby is working, and I got the cutest red dress for her at the car booty on Sunday, just have to find something for me to wear now,
Oh yes.. I am going to do the tuna and sweetcorn fritters they were lush

We had our party on Mon morning and I made the things I said earlier on thread and they went down well. I decided to buy chicken this time as the recepie said minced but I couldn't find minced chicken but I minced it myself with my blender and they were fab.
My biggest boost of the day was getting back into my size 10 red linnen trousers omg was I happy and I lost 2lb this week too.

just read through to get some ideas for my group taster this week - what a talented bunch you all are

Back