Pasta 'n' Sauce FAN CLUB!!!

You are a star! Thank you!

I found this is best made with a pasta in sauce that has cheese flavour in it.

make the pasta in sauce with water as normal.
let it cool a little, in the mean time put 3 eggs 450g cottage cheese in a bowl and mix add to the pasta in sauce bake in the oven for approx 30 mins at 190c

this is fab and i eat it hot and cold.

I have just made this with chicken and mushroom pasta n sauce, low fat cottage cheese (couldnt' get fat free) with 4 eggs, left over roasted peppers and carrots from tea, leftover bacon (fat cut off) and mushrooms and a tablespoon or two of quark. DELICIOUS! Had to stop myself eating it tonight - I'm going to have it for lunches the next two/three days. I have made SW quiche a few years ago when I last did the plan but wow its even nicer with the Pasta n sauce. Can't believe its free on EE ?! I'll add in a few syns for the cottage cheese as it wastn' fat free tho

i had the chicken and mushroom one for tea, i added some frozen peas to it during cooking... i cooked some chopped up bacon and mushrooms with a little garlic in frylight and stirred into the cooked pasta... it was yummmm.
I also like the cheese and broccoli one which i add fresh broccoli and frozen baby broad beans too. when cooked i sprinkle with hea of grated cheese... again yummmm

i had chicken and mushroom one tonight for dinner, added fresh mushrooms, onions, courgette, and chopped chicken.

put in oven dish and sprinkled grated cheese on top, put in over for 10 mins until cheese melted... was gorgeous and very filling.

emma_partington27 said:
I love pasta and sauces but i tried it sw way with just water wen i started sw and it was awful!!!! Was not impressed that by just taking out the milk coz i neva add butter it wud make such a diff to the taste! I would rather use my allowance ov milk to make it taste gud

Agree. Though something I've tried before is using less milk and more water..and it still tastes fine.

loobylou said:
SW Quiche:
1 packet of pasta and sauce
1 packet of Batchelors savoury golden rice.
3 eggs, beaten
1 tub of low fat cottage cheese (i use the chive one)
You can add other options to this, i add 1/2 can of mixed beans in tomato sauce, or you can add mushrooms, onions e.t.c.
Sliced Tomatoes.

Hiya just started sw, so excuse my stupidness, but wondered if this is free on extra easy.
Thanx in advance amy

Hiya,
Is the quiche which is shown on this thread, free on EE, excuse the stupidness but this is only my second week following plan.

Thanx amy

i like the tomato onion n herb, just add a little more water and near the end stir in a tin of tuna and some sweetcorn and u have tuna pasta bake .

I love the tomato & herb one with fried onion and chicken mixed in it and the cheese and broccoli one with fried onions and chopped lean bacon!
Both very filling and the tomato one lovely cooled down as a salad!

We use these for work, i always add veggie sinto them and chop up some quorn sausage if i'm feeling extra jazzy!

Helps that qulaity save/hoem bargains sell them and the batchelors rice cheap

Back